Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate, their best defender on a wing when we have a 200cm FF clunking everything. You tell me ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mate, I hear you, now whilst you’re a great side, Geelong being 21 up shouldn’t have lost it. Blicavs should have gone STRAIGHT to Lynch the second he looked like taking it away.

Also, just heard a stat that PD had 2 touches in the third quarter with 64% time in the middle. So that’s about 20 minutes for 2 touches.

Now I genuinely question Dangerfield and his output in finals, as well as I question some of the decisions Scott makes.

Mate, I hear you, now whilst you’re a great side, Geelong being 21 up shouldn’t have lost it. Blicavs should have gone STRAIGHT to Lynch the second he looked like taking it away.

Also, just heard a stat that PD had 2 touches in the third quarter with 64% time in the middle. So that’s about 20 minutes for 2 touches.

Now I genuinely question Dangerfield and his output in finals, as well as I question some of the decisions Scott makes.

I think 3-4 goals isn’t what it used to be anymore. We have chased some big scores down this year.
Lynch actually planned to play on him and was surprised when he started on the wing.
Dangerfield is an average performer in finals. Not the best, not the worst.
Scott seems a very arrogant, head strong man.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think 3-4 goals isn’t what it used to be anymore. We have chased some big scores down this year.
Lynch actually planned to play on him and was surprised when he started on the wing.
Dangerfield is an average performer in finals. Not the best, not the worst.
Scott seems a very arrogant, head strong man.
It’s hard for Geelong isn’t it? I mean you can’t really knock Scott. Has played finals every year bar 2015 and made 5 PF, lost 4, and won a flag in 11. Recruited and adapted very well. Headstrong and arrogant, yes. But doing plenty right. I do think he gets too clever though, tries too much that’s different when he should stay simple.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
It’s hard for Geelong isn’t it? I mean you can’t really knock Scott. Has played finals every year bar 2015 and made 5 PF, lost 4, and won a flag in 11. Recruited and adapted very well. Headstrong and arrogant, yes. But doing plenty right. I do think he gets too clever though, tries too much that’s different when he should stay simple.

Easy to play finals every year when your gifted wins on a cheat ground

Richmond's system hasn't changed so it is relevant. Replacing role players with role players doesn't change that.
Or does it?

You made a lot of foolish statements, some worse than this one.

I question his results a little bit to be honest. I think they are inflated due to their home games at an odd shaped ground. They seem to get exposed elsewhere. I think he’s an above average coach. There’s better out there. If he hadn’t of inherited Bombers team and arsed that flag in 2011, would we still view this bloke in the same light?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I question his results a little bit to be honest. I think they are inflated due to their home games at an odd shaped ground. They seem to get exposed elsewhere. I think he’s an above average coach. There’s better out there. If he hadn’t of inherited Bombers team and arsed that flag in 2011, would we still view this bloke in the same light?
Yeah I agree with that. However they did ok at the G this year, personally I reckon they hit their straps a bit early. Oh 100% there’s better. I just disagree with his selections and creativity, I think it’s unnecessary myself.

Keep it simple like Hardwick does. Good side. Hard honest footy, total buy in.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
sponsored by cotton on so makes sense theyd be cotton
75908B8B-3C83-46E8-B2A7-AF43FAB6F17A.gif

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Thought Geelong's pressure early was outstanding and the Tigers had trouble moving the ball quickly, 21 down at half time was a good result for us.
Was a tremendous second half from the Tigers and even though Geelong never gave in they ran out of legs.
Kelly and Selwood immense.
As a long time Tiger supporter I have suffered badly at the hands of the Cats, starting in the Ablett senior era, so it's satisfying to turn the tables.

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond's Grand Final. Good for them for beating their hoodoo.
Hoodoo....that's such a laughable comment. A hoodoo is when you don't beat a specific team for over 80YEARS!!! We lost 1 prelim! Hardly what I'd call a hoodoo!

Last edited:

rado

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Razor did not ‘clearly’ identify who’s kick it was. I was on the wing watching him blow the whistle and he did point in Richmond’s favour ....... both prelims were over officiated and I’m hoping the AFL go 100% with ARC because that’s a flawless system ....... god help the game!!

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
1) Replies to a complaint about umpiring bias towards Richmond (the hottest Team in the League), AFL corruption, a rigged draw & more....
You must be retarted.

2) Adds to a Tigers fans theory on why Dangerfield wasn't sighted in the second half.
That and Cotchin ******* him in the arse.

3) Follows up in two minutes with:
fu** Geelong, those cheating, diving, flopping, throwing bitches and their handmaidens the umpires. Eat it, campaigners.

4) In response to whingeing about legitimate tough Finals Tactics used by the Tigers.
He flopped because he's a bitch, like your bitch captain and your bitch Dangerfraud.

That's the all time best "late night" raid I've ever read on Big Footy. You're a Legend! Thanks & good on ya. It's great to win Finals. Your side won & played a fantastic game. At 3:20 AM you unleashed on complaining Geelong fans with both barrels; twice. The impact of & tone of your ten minute, four post raid was superb. Classic post raid. 10/10

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah I agree with that. However they did ok at the G this year, personally I reckon they hit their straps a bit early. Oh 100% there’s better. I just disagree with his selections and creativity, I think it’s unnecessary myself.

Keep it simple like Hardwick does. Good side. Hard honest footy, total buy in.
Geelong played and won more away games than any other team in the comp this year. Very good effort.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Yet they aren’t playing in the game that matters most. That must frustrate you a lot.
It’s disappointing but we are just not quite good enough in this era. Haven’t been the best team in the comp for a number of years. And really, we can hardly complain as Geelong supporters. We go in every year to pretty well every game thinking we are a real chance and it’s been that way for a long time now. So pretty lucky I reckon.

Back