Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest I thought Grundy was pretty ineffective today. People throw around the hypothetical of bringing in Grundy and dominating in the ruck but watch how many of his hit-outs are completely aimless or get sharked. He makes up for it by contributing as an extra midfielder but his ruck craft is over-rated for mine.
It wasn't effective yesterday (Grundys ruck work), I think Collingwood missed a big opportunity to capitalise and played into GWS hands at stoppages. However watch his ruck work against us particularly Q4 of our first game and it was the reason they beat us.

What will the Pies do?

And then Isn't it who we are getting? The oft injured Moore whose disdain for the Dogs is on the public record?

Or the even more oft injured Elliot who is such a different cat that even the Pie publicity machine has trouble making him likeable or seem like a team player. A like for like Adams replacement?

Been hundreds or thousands of posts telling us how we should get Moore or Elliot.

Be funny if it wasn't so repetitive.

I love Moore BUT availability is the best ability and he sadly doesn’t have it. Changed my attitude to him in the last two years from really want to pass.

Elliot - less available than Moore. Pass.

I think Grundy is great BUT he doesn’t dominate consistently in the ruck taps as he could. Destroys poor ruckman but does little against stronger ones. He is great around the ground and that makes him hugely valuable. Worth $1M+/year.

Any state league CHBs/FBs worth a crack at getting? Still think we can sway a contracted player at another club with $$s and contractual years. HUGE trade period coming up for us and we need to make the most of it. Need a lock down KPP and also an intecepting mark type of CHB (ala Prime Wood). Keath fits the interceptor but that real lock down type of back where you can chuck him on a #1 fwd is a gaping hole. Cant do another year of Cordy taking the best back (not his fault hes not suited to it)

Any state league CHBs/FBs worth a crack at getting? Still think we can sway a contracted player at another club with $$s and contractual years. HUGE trade period coming up for us and we need to make the most of it. Need a lock down KPP and also an intecepting mark type of CHB (ala Prime Wood). Keath fits the interceptor but that real lock down type of back where you can chuck him on a #1 fwd is a gaping hole. Cant do another year of Cordy taking the best back (not his fault hes not suited to it)

Scott Thompson as a delisted free agent. Plays that lock down key defender role. Get him for nothing and he can play that role for a few years until Keiran Collins is ready to take over.

Josh Jenkins actually has well under zero trade value given his ridiculous contract (from memory i think he has 2 more years at over 500k)...

Would we use some of our cap space to take on his contract, plus improve our draft hand?

Something like:

WB give: 2020 fourth rounder
Adel give: 2020 second rounder + Jenkins.

His contact is a stinker, but our cap has space and this trade would help set us up nicely for the points situation next year.

Josh Jenkins actually has well under zero trade value given his ridiculous contract (from memory i think he has 2 more years at over 500k)...

Would we use some of our cap space to take on his contract, plus improve our draft hand?

Something like:

WB give: 2020 fourth rounder
Adel give: 2020 second rounder + Jenkins.

His contact is a stinker, but our cap has space and this trade would help set us up nicely for the points situation next year.
Why would Adelaide do that trade? If we were under salary cap pressure, sure, I can see your argument, but with Jacobs, Douglas, otten and perhaps Eddie already moving on, we definitely aren’t. We’d be better off just delisting Jenkins, paying him out and keeping our 2nd rounder.

“The race for Elliott has heated up this morning,” Browne told Channel 7’s Game Day.

“Melbourne are offering three years, Collingwood are offering two.

“My understanding is this: multiple clubs, with money, are interested in Elliott.

“The main ones would be Hawthorn, potentially with salary cap space, also the Bulldogs and North Melbourne, so I think there will be a real race for Elliott now in coming weeks."

“The race for Elliott has heated up this morning,” Browne told Channel 7’s Game Day.

“Melbourne are offering three years, Collingwood are offering two.

“My understanding is this: multiple clubs, with money, are interested in Elliott.

“The main ones would be Hawthorn, potentially with salary cap space, also the Bulldogs and North Melbourne, so I think there will be a real race for Elliott now in coming weeks."

My interpretation of that is that we are linked because we have salary cap room. No official connection or whispers.

We are only getting bruce and maybe Menadue. We'll be quiet.

Joel Tippett has had a great season for Williamstown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My interpretation of that is that we are linked because we have salary cap room. No official connection or whispers.

We are only getting bruce and maybe Menadue. We'll be quiet.

You may well be correct; it is Browne after all. Still, figured it was worth mentioning for those interested. Would love Elliot if he could stay on the park. Is electric when he's on.

I'm not especially keen on Menadue but I have a feeling he was a Dogs fan as a kid.
Not that it should be a big factor for us, but it could help if we are trying to interest him.

The Inbetweener posted a few pages ago. I was against him but i looked at his stats and he has had a good year as a running wing in the vfl. Kicked a few goals too.
Was mentioned to me by someone who has given good info previously, but was pretty preliminary. I’ll see if there is any update. Asked a Richmond mate and he seemed to think he was a decent player

I was looking at Menadue just before I saw that he was mentioned here. He should be an ok pick up and will help Hunter. Looks like Roberts and Webb are gone if we are only looking at 2 trades unless there is a player being traded out or Dickson retires.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are going to be quiet this trade period. Josh bruce at best.
We are always quite probably because we just cannot attract a big name but we have done o/k with steak knives Crozier, Lloyd, Dureya. Trengove we paid the most and lost Roughy as a result who is a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back