Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how the GWS ticket ballot goes. I think the club allocation is 36,000 for each side, but GWS only have 24,000 members (if memory serves, could be very wrong) so I wonder what happens to the remaining 12,000
Each team gets 14-16k tickets, so around 30k in total between two. GWS is unlikely to sell more than 8-10k (based on home ground attendances) so I am not sure what happens to the others. I suspect they might give them to Richmond members for first dibs (that would be the fairest way)

Saw that from Dixon.

I think he forgot that Richmond didn't win the premiership last year and was about say that 2019 will be their three-peat before realising his error and then came up the the farce of three in a row before even one has been won.
Another reason not to want Richmond to win is that in the future our flag will be forgotten amid the conventional wisdom of Richmond being the undisputed best team 2017-19.

All the pressure is on Richmond, nobody thought GWS would make it so far. As far as I'm concerned, GWS have a free shot at the flag with nothing to lose.

Looking forward to this, should be a good game for the neutrals. Hopefully the Giants throw the kitchen sink at the Tigers.

Does anyone find themselves pulling for GWS because GWS reminds them of a pre-1992 West Coast eagles?

Today's Melbourne newspaper

"Rampant Tigers carry the hopes of a state in the Grand Final against Great Western Sydney. Our 134 year old club from the streets of inner Melbourne takes on a team established by the AFL 10 years ago".

Last edited:
Does anyone find themselves pulling for GWS because GWS reminds them of a pre-1992 West Coast eagles?

Obviously in this scenario, GCS is Freo.

Today's Melbourne newspaper
View attachment 750934

"Rampant Tigers carry the hopes of a state in the Grand Final against Great Western Sydney. Our 134 year old club from the streets of inner Melbourne takes on a team established by the AFL 10 years ago".

Yeah it surprises me when non Victorians complain about GWS‘ creation. What sort of s**t do you think the bankrupt Vics were saying about us when they begrudgingly let us keep their little vanity project of a league from dying.

* them all. GWS by a million.

Greene to sacrifice his first 6 games of 2020 in order to carry the Giants to their first flag.

Can't fkin wait!!!

That might just be the side show to Mumford playing his last game of AFL Football.
I am expecting him to come out taking no prisoners and wrecking total carnage.

Yeah it surprises me when non Victorians complain about GWS‘ creation. What sort of s**t do you think the bankrupt Vics were saying about us when they begrudgingly let us keep their little vanity project of a league from dying.

fu** them all. GWS by a million.
They're called books. There are plenty of footy ones out there. Read some.

Depends on how the GWS ticket ballot goes. I think the club allocation is 36,000 for each side, but GWS only have 24,000 members (if memory serves, could be very wrong) so I wonder what happens to the remaining 12,000
Each club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the VFL GF, man Richmond have a lot of talent in their 2s still.

Coleman-Jones, Stack, Pickett, Collier-Jones, Butler, Balta all very good.

campaigners are going to be dominant for a long time.

Is Brett Deledio this years bob murphy?

Sick of hearing about the bloke

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’s had an absolute shocker. Left the Tigers to win a flag with GWS, Tigers win one the following year. This year both his sides are in it and he’s likely to miss out yet again, from both possibilities.

The Collingwood board seem to be taking yesterday quite well. Those who are calling out what a waste of a season it was are getting a few dislikes but nothing more. No major melts or civil war. Their bigfooty supporters do not reflect their stereotypical supporter image at all.
Thats probably because the majority of their supporters cant read or write.

I honestly don't really care about this GF. * Richmond, I hate that ******* club so much. They were given an even worse dickride in fixturing this year than last, and that's for a goddamn team that finished on top of the ladder. How the * do you get given 7 consecutive games at your home ground?

They're gonna win, again, and everyone on here will have to, once again, endure more bullshit from the worse supporter base in the league. And this is perfect for the AFL, because it means they'll get more revenue from their biggest cash whores. The status quo will remain, the unfairness of this competition will not be questioned, and nothing will change. Soon enough, the MCG deal will be extended until I'm two centuries old.

Tim Kelly, for the love of God, request a trade already. That's literally the only thing I care about right now.

"Victorian fans can thank Brisbane and West Coast - which joined the competition in 1987 - for effectively saving the league."

"Asked why he did not close the league down, Judge Lewis said the league convinced him that the licence revenue from the new teams would prop up the competition."

Greene to sacrifice his first 6 games of 2020 in order to carry the Giants to their first flag.

Can't fkin wait!!!
If the game is in the balance, I won't be surprised at all to see him eye gouge martin, lynch and cotchin all in space of 2 minutes i a calculated attack lol. . tigers bench with eye patches would be the funniest thing ever. GS win the flag, Toby banned for 5 years. lol

6c6aa018a1525390a59a0f88b0d88220.jpg

Marlion Pickett best on ground in the VFL Grand Final and an outside chance to get an AFL debut in a Grand Final.

Went with McInnes and Smith on the rookie list instead of Stack and Pickett - both would be handy to have right now.

To watch them both get picked up by Richmond and carve things up annoys me without end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back