Preview 2019 AFL Grand Final chat - Richmond Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I dislike AFL for our treatment over the years ,so cannot support their GWS team.

I'm on the GWS train, but don't think they'll get there.

They've gone whole quarters without kicking a goal in probably their last 4 games. They won't get away with that against Richmond.
Didn't have a goalless quarter yesterday.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hate richmond, Caddy is a deadset window licker, Riewoldt is a smug so and so, hope Cotchin does a hammy, Cameron runs through Ellis and Rance does his achilles slipping on the stairs down to the ground. Also hope Toby Greene gets reported for eye gouging Houli, but kicks his 6th after the siren to make richmond lose

They are a good chance this week GWS.

They have better natural talent across the park than Richmond and the talent is starting to show. Richmonds bottom 6 are far worse than GWS'.

GWS have excellent mids and enough forwards to get 12 goals. Perryman and DeBoer will play pivotal roles. Davis, Taylor and Keffe can handle Reiwoldt and Lynch.

The issue will off course be 'the occasion' and Richmond's pressure if they can bring it 100%.

The odds are way out of whack atm - Richmond should be favourites but probably around the 1.65 mark.

No, but they kicked the 1st of the last at the 3 min mark then didn't kick another for the rest of the quarter.
So didn't have a goalless quarter

It's their defence all over the ground that has got them to next week so I suspect it would be more of an issue for teams that are a bit slack without the ball.

So didn't have a goalless quarter

It's their defence all over the ground that has got them to next week so I suspect it would be more of an issue for teams that are a bit slack without the ball.

Well technically, no they didn't, but you made me go back and check my facts. 👍

They've rectified it over the last 3 or 4 weeks, but going back until the bye they have regularly had games where they've only scored 1 or 0 goals in a quarter, which is why I struggle to trust them, especially against the Tiges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS defence the past two weeks has been awesome. Despite the last quarter roll on they managed to lock down those last five minutes.

Lynch and Reiwoldt will be in for some fun

The Tigers may well think that Lynch will dominate like he did on Friday night. But they won't be coming up against Scotts (C) as the opposition coach, who refused to make any changes as the Tigers slaughtered them in the third quarter. Why on earth he left Blicavs on a wing, while Lynch run amok is just inexplicable. Blicavs was the Cats Full Back for most of the year, had the pace and reach to at least contest with Lynch, but no Scotts did not make the move.

The Tigers may well think that Lynch will dominate like he did on Friday night. But they won't be coming up against Scotts (C) as the opposition coach, who refused to make any changes as the Tigers slaughtered them in the third quarter. Why on earth he left Blicavs on a wing, while Lynch run amok is just inexplicable. Blicavs was the Cats Full Back for most of the year, had the pace and reach to at least contest with Lynch, but no Scotts did not make the move.

Inexplicable

But what is weirder is Scotts never admitting that he/they get anything wrong, or worse still, begrudgingly acknowledge that the Opposition were better (eg Charlie Cameron)

Congratulations to the Puma Tigers, pre-annointed 2019 AFL premiers.

Should GWS somehow salute, the umpires who allow it will find themselves confined to the same gulag as the ones who denied the McGuire Magpies a week earlier.

Breaking news is that Hell is frozen over
3211972903_8eaeede4c5.jpg

I don't get how anyone here can support Richmond this week. Plastic club or not, GWS win would feel like there was no premiership won at all in 2019, and we can all go back to square one in 2020. But seeing Richmond ferals with their colors all summer is a different proposition altogether. I would even be willing to donate some money to ensure Richmond don't win.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back