List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A genuine ruck for one if not take the picks and head to the draft

I think we're taking the pick and heading to the draft anyway if the Twomey article the other day is anything to go by.

As for a genuine ruck, do you mean Grundy? Who had an absolute field day against a mostly-washed up Mumford yesterday, yet didn't translate to any success for the Pies? Collingwood would've been happy with their A-grade ruck but I bet they would've loved a tough mid who knew how to find the ball when Pendlebury was being tagged...

I think we're taking the pick and heading to the draft anyway if the Twomey article the other day is anything to go by.

As for a genuine ruck, do you mean Grundy? Who had an absolute field day against a mostly-washed up Mumford yesterday, yet didn't translate to any success for the Pies? Collingwood would've been happy with their A-grade ruck but I bet they would've loved a tough mid who knew how to find the ball when Pendlebury was being tagged...

Not meaning Grundy actually. Someone like Ryder would be good (and cheapish) for a few years. Played well in the last month too.

I’ve been consistent we need mids and a ruck that’s our glaring weaknesses. We don’t need to sell the farm though! Really hope Daniher doesn’t come

Grundy seems to be either staying at Magpies or going home to Adelaide.
And yes, I’m aware we’ve snagged players who’ve said that.
But Grundy seems very clear on what he wants.

Not meaning Grundy actually. Someone like Ryder would be good (and cheapish) for a few years. Played well in the last month too.

I’ve been consistent we need mids and a ruck that’s our glaring weaknesses. We don’t need to sell the farm though! Really hope Daniher doesn’t come

If as per your previous post “we aren’t winning a flag” next year, then why would we take on 32yo (by start of next year) Ryder?

Seems pointless to me?

But if Grundy couldn't help a midfield with names like Treloar, Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Adams succeed, how will a lesser ruckman like Ryder with a midfield of lesser names like ours succeed? Can't see it happening.

I'm late, but you can't read anything into Woosha's comments. Daniher hasn't publicly asked for a trade so there's nothing he can say other than he's a contracted player and will be there next year.

And by "holding all the cards" he's referring to the fact that we may have some interest, but again until Daniher asks for a trade, they have 100% of the leverage.

If he eventually does so, that changes things dramatically.
Irony is Daniher has a year to go, Essendon hold all the cards...Papley has 4 to go and he’s out the door? I’d love for someone to explain the logic.

If as per your previous post “we aren’t winning a flag” next year, then why would we take on 32yo (by start of next year) Ryder?

Seems pointless to me?

My preference is to build from the draft. I don’t care too much about trading this year- hit the top end of the draft hard this season

But if Grundy couldn't help a midfield with names like Treloar, Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Adams succeed, how will a lesser ruckman like Ryder with a midfield of lesser names like ours succeed? Can't see it happening.

Yet you want to trade in two from Adelaide that would be just as useless as ours without a good ruck. These new rules you need a ruck.

Yet you want to trade in two from Adelaide that would be just as useless as ours without a good ruck. These new rules you need a ruck.
Get of it

Both the gf sides this year have let’s be honest garbage rucks

Nankervis has been injured most of the year and the tigers still managed to make it

You can be an excellent side with a merely competent ruck. It's not a spot I'd be assigning a big salary to, for sure. As much as it'd be fun having a player as brilliant as Brodie Grundy play for us, I wouldn't be wanting to pay that kind of salary to a ruckman when we've shown we can be excellent with far less a player as our number 1.

I only want one Crouch brother.

Maybe Crouch would be useless (though I doubt it - his year was better than any Swans mids), but he'd be more useful than an 18 year old mid that you'd like to get from the draft. He'd also be more useful than Luke Jackson, the 18 year old being touted as the best ruck in this year's draft. Jackson will be lucky to see any senior footy next year regardless of which club he's drafted to.

In any case I think it's possible to get a gun like Crouch and keep our pick 6 to secure a talented young mid like a Serong or a Kemp. That would be a very productive off-season for our midfield, replenishing our stocks for the short-term (ie 2020 where Crouch could seriously help out our current mids) and the long-term (ie 2021 and beyond where our draftee could make an impact.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only want one Crouch brother.

Maybe Crouch would be useless (though I doubt it - his year was better than any Swans mids), but he'd be more useful than an 18 year old mid that you'd like to get from the draft. He'd also be more useful than Luke Jackson, the 18 year old being touted as the best ruck in this year's draft. Jackson will be lucky to see any senior footy next year regardless of which club he's drafted to.

In any case I think it's possible to get a gun like Crouch and keep our pick 6 to secure a talented young mid like a Serong or a Kemp. That would be a very productive off-season for our midfield, replenishing our stocks for the short-term (ie 2020 where Crouch could seriously help out our current mids) and the long-term (ie 2021 and beyond where our draftee could make an impact.)

I would rather get both Kemp and Serong plus not sell the farm. Wait for free agency, lets use these early selections we haven’t had many.

Because it’s unrealistic and isn’t going to happen?

Late first if extremely lucky, but I doubt
It.

It especially won’t happen if we take the deal day 1 without any negotiation as usual

Grundy has to ruck to front running wide receiving midfielders which isn’t conducive to hard & tough finals footy. Should have lost by 5 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back