List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If as per your previous post “we aren’t winning a flag” next year, then why would we take on 32yo (by start of next year) Ryder?

Seems pointless to me?

Mase Have you ever heard the saying some people " Talk off the top of their Head " Translated it means its the first thing that comes into their head. Ryder over Grundy ! LMFAO. The best ruckman who has played the game for some time.

But if Grundy couldn't help a midfield with names like Treloar, Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Adams succeed, how will a lesser ruckman like Ryder with a midfield of lesser names like ours succeed? Can't see it happening.

You have something against Grundy. Every opportunity you get you talk his ability and influence down. Have you ever come to think that 3 of the 4 players you have just named can also be very suspect aginst physical checking in big games ? Grundy once again more than done his bit yesterday in keeping an ordinary outfit relevant.

Why meet with 2 clubs if your intention is to stay?

I dont think its always black and white like that.

It sounds to me like he is happy to stay, but if there was an opportunity to move back to Victoria then he would be interested in looking at it. He probably hasn't made his mind up either way and just wants to keep options open.

Either way, he is contracted for 4 years and you would hope that we would only be accepting a trade offer if it was the kind of deal that is impossible to say no to. I.e. more than Carlton or North's first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy has to ruck to front running wide receiving midfielders which isn’t conducive to hard & tough finals footy. Should have lost by 5 goals.

Has as good a workrate or better than any ruckman that has played the game and the way AFL Footy is played with its endurance demands this day that is no mean feat. He is a gun.

Unless we trade our future first that is the epitome of optimism having that many this season
Maybe....but I’m expecting some fancy footwork from recruiting like trading a future 1st...next year is about academy and profile names, this year there’s some early draft talent that can make an impact in their 1st year, imo. Dalrymple, Keane & Beatson to work some magic....🤞

You have something against Grundy. Every opportunity you get you talk his ability and influence down. Have you ever come to think that 3 of the 4 players you have just named can also be very suspect aginst physical checking in big games ? Grundy once again more than done his bit yesterday in keeping an ordinary outfit relevant.

Didn't say a word against Grundy. I just don't rate the importance of ruck men as much as others do.

Didn't say a word against Grundy. I just don't rate the importance of ruck men as much as others do.

Well that’s because you’re running this narrative that our mids are s**t and don’t want to acknowledge that they didn’t get much first use this year.

It’s a balance. No one is saying Naismith will win a Brownlow. What I am saying is that the absence of a reasonable tap ruckman causes fatigue on the midfield group. But if the midfield group don’t have a crack, King Kong won’t help them.

Our midfield has a crack. Some relief in the form of first use will do wonders.

Well that’s because you’re running this narrative that our mids are s**t and don’t want to acknowledge that they didn’t get much first use this year.

It’s a balance. No one is saying Naismith will win a Brownlow. What I am saying is that the absence of a reasonable tap ruckman causes fatigue on the midfield group. But if the midfield group don’t have a crack, King Kong won’t help them.

Our midfield has a crack. Some relief in the form of first use will do wonders.

Look I don't want to get into this with you again. We clearly see the midfield very differently and that is fine, but I have no idea why having an opinion around here, even if it's a strong or unpopular one, warrants being bashed over the head for it. And I also have no idea when having an opinion on something became running a narrative.

To do what next year and the year after ****ing tread water ? You can't see where the list is currently at ? Get a seeing eye dog.

Rebuild. No need for shortcuts. Hit the draft we will be fine in 2021-22.

Look I don't want to get into this with you again. We clearly see the midfield very differently and that is fine, but I have no idea why having an opinion around here, even if it's a strong or unpopular one, warrants being bashed over the head for it. And I also have no idea when having an opinion on something became running a narrative.

Maybe it’s the delivery.

“No matter how you slice and dice it, Horse ****ed up with Mills”

Well no. Horse has decided Mills greatest value to the TEAM is at half back. Much as he seems to have worked out that Heeney’s is at half forward.

Or maybe it’s a hack (and we’re all hacks here) describing our mids, who go out each week and bust their gut to the point of complete exhaustion, as s**t.
You just would never do that if you’d ever played midfield at any reasonable level and knew the difference between having an effective ruck and not having one.
There was not much worse when playing than coming off the field having chased arse all day because your ruck was out and some fat campaigner slugging his 10th beer says “Not your best day today, Bruce. Seemed to be second to it a lot”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back