2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were the second best team for the year, let that sink in for how lopsided the comp is. Expectation was low today heading in, Subi are on a different level to the rest of the comp. For context they've lost 1 game in 2 years now.

Subis won 3 of the last 5 grand finals with margins of:

If it wasn't for a stacked Peel side with Freo players it's a strong possibility it's 5 lopsided grand finals in a row to them.

Still, getting the record margin in a GF is something. Subiaco were more dominant last year, but they won the GF by 30 odd points less.

I must admit I have barely been following the WAFL.

Can someone explain how Subiaco have become so dominant?

1 game in 2 years is ridiculous.

3rd party deals to get around salary cap.

Everybody is a VISY ambassador!

Apparently the WAFL are cracking down on it but it will take a few years for it to come into effect.

Just need to look at all the ex-AFL listed players that have recently been delisted and wound up at Subi rather than their original clubs due to $$$

Litherland (ex Haw/Clar), Lockyer (ex Syd/WP), Newton (ex PA/Melb SF), Marsh (ex Syd/EF) and Powell (ex WCE/Clar).

Then you have Sokol kicking 6 against his old mob. Plus the VFL mercenaries from Frankston (Kitchin/Delahunty).

Plenty of money came flowing in from the Subi bar before West Coast and Freo games. They also sold tickets/hospitality packages for AFL games at Subi. Got a substantial lump sum compensation payment when AFL left Subiaco for Optus Stadium too.

Fair to say they are absolutely flush with cash that the other WAFL clubs could only dream of.

Don’t be fooled by the oft dealt out lines such as “better culture” or “we’re at the beach doing additional training sessions while you other clubs are out on the pi55”. It comes down to buying the best talent that money can buy to the detriment of the competition.

Pretty simple really:

💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵

Players get delivered.

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

The WAFL and the WAFC have watched on and done nothing about the systematic rorting thats been going on for a decade now .

Fortunately the gravy train is about to come to a halt, that said they still enough folding to last a few more years.

The real Crime is that The WAFL and WAFC have done nothing to stop it .......... and that the same people who are entrusted to plan for the ongoing sustainability of the competition.

The fu(k wits there see nothing of concern about a lop sided competition , whereby one side wins all but one game in two years and win the GF by 15 goals ..... how do they expect fans to warm to such a lop sided competition.

Subiaco fans loving it and who can blame them, but its the general support of the WAFL competition thats been eroded inch by inch year by year.

Subiaco's unbridled success has been a s**t stain on the WAFL's integrity and its ongoing lively hood.

Still, getting the record margin in a GF is something. Subiaco were more dominant last year, but they won the GF by 30 odd points less.

17, but at least you Sharks supporters try to math :rainbow:

What pisses me off is they put all these rules in place to stop Eagles WAFL team from being too dominant. You have a team thats lost 1 game in 750 days. I dont think our potential dominance is something that should be top of the mind now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why arent AFL teams continually poaching all the top talent at Subi? There are plenty in there that are quality.
It was like that in the 2000s with Central Districts.

They won like 6 or 7 of the GFs with a stable squad that had maybe 1 or 2 a year poached at best.

They were full of older footballers who had left AFL and werent going to be re drafted.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't the WAFL introduce a points per player system to stop the under hand payments ?

The points system only restricts the number of players a Club can poach.

It has no bearing on how much the players are paid and more importantly how the players are paid .

To fully grasp the financial differences between the clubs

Subiaco have the highest cash assets with 3.54 million dollars in cash reserves

East Fremantle are in second place, they have 31 000 dollars in cash assets

Everyone else has debt and or is the Eagles who are not allowed to spend the money we have..... unlike someone else

Everyone else has debt and or is the Eagles who are not allowed to spend the money we have..... unlike someone else
How the hell do you raise that much cash?

Pity other clubs didnt have access to the same cushy gig.

Pretty much

End result is Subi has been in 6 grand finals in a row now, with the only ones getting within 10 goals of them being the AFL aligned East Perth and Peel squads

You have a bar/social club at Subiaco oval open on AFL match days. They made a killing

They also owned the ground it stood on. WAFC gifted it to them very early on. They got a decent payout too give back the land once Subiaco Oval closed for business. Something like 900k. So 900k for land gifted to you that cost you 0 dollars to add to the above notion. No one else stands a chance

What you have to understand is no one pushes the mighty Falcons around by 96 pts.:'(

Where do you get those figures from?

Hey guys, how did people see Foley's performance and deveopment this year at the Beagles? Im just writing his end of year summary in his player thread. I caught some of his performances (I live in Vic so WAFL is hard to come by) but would love some of other perspectives on how he went this year.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back