List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Geelong are out of the finals race and I am hoping Tim has played his last game as a Cat :geelong:

Given the Cats are the Mad Monday gurus, I was wondering whether the West Coast posters (and feel free any other club supporters) would have any advice for Tim as to suitable attire.

My recommendation is for him to go in a West Coast :westcoast:jumper with number 11 on the back.
I reckon go in a Dockers jumper to mess with the media, then sign with us

My wish and his choice! Also depends on whether his contract expires before the deadline of national draft nomination date.
PSD is designed for this situation and will be more benefitial to WCE
Every players contract expires on the same day.

Every players contract expires on the same day.
Your are probably right as it makes sense to be more or less the same for trade, draft, delisting purposes. However, I remember there were some exceptions. One example is Ben Cousin‘s contract was somehow went a bit longer into the next year due to salary cap reason.
May be you can enlighten us as why some uncontracted players entered National Draft while some entered PSD.

Your are probably right as it makes sense to be more or less the same for trade, draft, delisting purposes. However, I remember there were some exceptions. One example is Ben Cousin‘s contract was somehow went a bit longer into the next year due to salary cap reason.
There are no exceptions. All contracts expire on 31 October, which is why final list lodgement is that day and the delisted player free agency period starts 1 November.

All i am saying is that it will be unforgivable to miss out on Kelly 2 years in a row. If we had him this year we finish Top 4 and probably make another Grand Final.

People seriously overrate draft picks. Kelly is a known gun. We are competing for a flag now. Just get it done.

I agree with this on principle, however it is going to suck to take ourselves out of the draft two years in a row if we give up next years first too. In this instance it may he worth it. Big No to Brander though.

There are no exceptions. All contracts expire on 31 October, which is why final list lodgement is that day and the delisted player free agency period starts 1 November.
I cant argue with that but i am quite sure there were articles talking about Ben Cousin‘s contract were with a different end date.

I agree with this on principle, however it is going to suck to take ourselves out of the draft two years in a row if we give up next years first too. In this instance it may he worth it. Big No to Brander though.
I want to keep Brander too. But Id sacrifice Petrol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading this thread makes me realise what a bitter and vindictive wise-arse I am. I want to ream Geelong and use every one of their comments from last year against them. You want Gaff for Kelly. Sure, but Gaff is contracted and we don’t want to help a premiership contender, so we demand Kelly and a top 10 pick for Gaff.

Reading this thread makes me realise what a bitter and vindictive wise-arse I am. I want to ream Geelong and use every one of their comments from last year against them. You want Gaff for Kelly. Sure, but Gaff is contracted and we don’t want to help a premiership contender, so we demand Kelly and a top 10 pick for Gaff.
Yep, if gaff is contracted he is worth more than an uncontracted Kelly hands down.

So let me get this right...

Danger went for pick 9 and 28
A contracted Neale went for 5 and 25
(haven’t checked these numbers but if memory serves me correctly they are right)

Yet according to the Geelong board, our 2019 and 2020 first rounders are well unders for Tim Kelly.... 2 x pick 15’s or thereabouts

So let me get this right...

Danger went for pick 9 and 28
A contracted Neale went for 5 and 25
(haven’t checked these numbers but if memory serves me correctly they are right)

Yet according to the Geelong board, our 2019 and 2020 first rounders are well unders for Tim Kelly.... 2 x pick 15’s or thereabouts
Danger + 50 for 9, 28 and Gore (drafted at 55)
Neale + 30 for 6, 19 and 55

Danger + 50 for 9, 28 and Gore (drafted at 55)
Neale + 30 for 6, 19 and 55
So I wasn't too far off. My point remains though, how can Cats fans see 2 x 15's as unders while superstars of the game went for around that. I understand there is a lack of a 'top 10 pick' from our end, but it's more than made up for by a second pick at 15 rather than at 25-30

Yeah I don't know man. I think 2 first's are reasonable considering we are backing ourselves in to be top 4 next season.

They are able to accepts the circumstances around the Danger trade but are unwilling to see any with Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back