2020 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

My membership last year was a Family of 6 membership in the same seats we've had for 15 years but apparently received a free upgrade last year to what they call the Legends Lounge.
This year it is $725 more to keep the same seats. A 40% increase.

Not impressed!!!

Is anyone able to explain to me what the difference is between 'AFL' membership & 'standard' membership?
For a Single Adult, the 'AFL' Member Zone + Captain's Club membership appears to have everything a standard Member Zone + Captain's Club membership has, except it's $200 cheaper!?

??? :think:

- Access to private bars with the ability to order sit-down meals

Only difference

My membership last year was a Family of 6 membership in the same seats we've had for 15 years but apparently received a free upgrade last year to what they call the Legends Lounge.
This year it is $725 more to keep the same seats. A 40% increase.

Not impressed!!!

Too many don't understand that this is the issue.

Price increases in line with CPI or whatever are the norm. Our 2019 package went up in price slightly - even though we lost access to an away game, but that's another topic altogether - as did the 2018, 2017, 2016 packages etc, but this is a slap in the face.

The Club has taken their most premium membership tier, the Captain's Club, and created a new tier above it, the Legends Lounge. They've then re-classified the seats which have been attached to the Captain's Club for years and years as Legends Lounge seats, using the 'upgraded' benefits no one asked for, needs or wants as the justification for a significant price hike.

The members who've been tipping in plenty have been slugged the most.

There are solutions with other types of memberships. Those who tip in plenty can come and sit with me in the plebs section.

Ring up and complain. I’m sure a compromise can be reached if you threaten to walk.

It’s the ultimate power for the consumer. Foxtel is a great comparison.

I’ll need to do some research on memberships I can’t afford. I doubt a business could survive if they’re plonking up prices like this.

Last edited:
My silver membership cost me $340 in 2019.

Now if I maintain my level from the free upgrade it will cost $415 in 2020. That’s an increase of just over 20% but I’m getting an upgrade (albeit not a great one).

If I decide to retain my silver membership for 2020 it will cost me $350. $10 is about a 3% increase.

I'm switching to an AFL membership this year, sick of the club being so anti-member in terms of managing membership online.

Unless I'm mistaken, there's literally no simple 'opt out' or 'cancel' of automatic renewal online, you actually need to contact the club... Just underhanded stuff.

Last edited:
I'm switching to an AFL membership this year, sick of the club being so anti-member in terms of managing membership online.

Unless I'm mistaken, there's literally no simple 'opt out' or 'cancel' of automatic renewal online, you actually need to contact the club... Just underhanded stuff.

Pretty confident the club would do it if they could. Could be that legally you need to call to stop the direct debits. I just can't see the club deliberately putting a system in place that makes people call the membership department if it's not required

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty confident the club would do it if they could. Could be that legally you need to call to stop the direct debits. I just can't see the club deliberately putting a system in place that makes people call the membership department if it's not required

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Huh? That's absurd, I've got direct debits set up on a bunch of different platforms that all let you cancel any time. They obfuscate the process to catch a few who can't be stuffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All packages:-

FAQ's

Member Pack :-

M/ship card
Lanyard
Sticker sheet
Fixture magnet

156827381411179339795d79f59636ec9_desktop.png

Member Choice :-

In addition to your Member pack, collect one of the following Member Choice items from the Carlton Shop or at any Blues Home game in 2020 ...

Member Cap
Member Scarf
Member Beanie
Two additional GA tickets
The Carlton Shop $20 voucher*

*Min $50 required for redemption

156827441012319147075d79f7ea06996_desktop.png

Aph, I can't take this seriously with you wearing that jumper

Is anyone here an afl member? I'm looking at switching from captains club to afl membership as I go to a lot of non Carlton games and was wondering what folks thought of the afl members packages.

Is anyone here an afl member? I'm looking at switching from captains club to afl membership as I go to a lot of non Carlton games and was wondering what folks thought of the afl members packages.

It's very good. You're automatically a Carlton member also (without buying any add-on). But it is about $700 on its own before any Captains Club add-on or similar.

You can swipe in to almost all MCG and Etihad matches with no extra cost and can sit in one of the bays that isn't booked out, or spend $9 to buy a reserved seat. In about 16 years you become a Gold member and then can buy a prelim ticket for $26 or a Grand Final ticket for $200 (and I've never missed out on a Grand Final ticket since I've been a Gold member). But, until that time, you won't have access to a Grand Final ticket when we make it unless you've got Captains Club or similar, and that's probably the only value to buying a Carlton package on top.

I've always thought the AFL Membership is a much better deal than MCC. Every year I have a good reserved seat for the Grand Final - no ballots or queuing. If you go to neutral games it would be worth it quickly.

It's good but mega 'spensive. I really got value for money when I was going to 1-2 games every weekend and I only upgraded to a reserved seat for blockbusters. I'm currently an absentee member since I only get to 1-2 games a YEAR at the moment and my place in the queue for gold is reserved. I'm thinking of ditching it to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back