Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
But when? As I’ve already said, when the current gifted (in both senses) players have retired, and you’ve built a new team, I’m fully on board. Until then, from the outside, it just looks like a marketing exercise.

:rolleyes:

Do you think the AFL will disband the Giants once they've won a premiership and the 'marketing exercise' comes to an end? For all intents and purposes the Giants are a bona fide football 'club' and will continue to be.

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Big bodies, yes that can help, however our game style is proven to be very very good in the wet winning most games played in the wet over a 3 year period.

It is widely publicised that we come into our own when the ball is on the deck, its our game plan.

Teams that struggle in the wet are usually teams that play a controlled game plan, which we dont.

Surge the ball forward is our plan regardless of conditions so we dont have to adapt as much as many others.
We play well in the wet because most of our scores come from turnover. GWS get most of their scores from stoppages.

Honest question, but how are Tiger fans feeling this week? Confident? Nervous? Both?

Pains me to say it but I think two flags for this Richmond side in three years is about right.

I see it as a 60-40 game....We're favorites, but not by anywhere near enough to be confident.

So I suppose nervous would be the closer description.

VERY different to 2 years ago, where getting there at all after so long meant that it was always going to be a win in some form.

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
:rolleyes:

Do you think the AFL will disband the Giants once they've won a premiership and the 'marketing exercise' comes to an end? For all intents and purposes the Giants are a bona fide football 'club' and will continue to be.
Nope. So you think they’ve already become a club? Fine by me, but I certainly don’t think this club as yet deserves to win a flag. And I’ve explained why already. I don’t expect Giants supporters or members to agree with that opinion!

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
We play well in the wet because most of our scores come from turnover. GWS get most of their scores from stoppages.
Also, our game plan doesn’t need to change much, whereas other teams that rely on maintaining possession need to switch up.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ragged dolled? Turn it up. Just because your mids turned there belly's up does not mean ours will. Now I know you are bitter and salty but point to the last time we lost s game in the wet? When you try go back to round 15 through to 19 all wet games, against strong midfield as we won those games.

GWS will be a hard contest and no doubt it's a true 50-50 game but our mids have proven these past 3 years they can match it with any side

I wondered how long it would take before a Tiger supporter would resort to personal attacks for my BALANCED view on the game.

You think its a 50:50 game but can't concede a scenario where you lose - proving that 50:50 is not what you actually believe.

Very transparent.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I wondered how long it would take before a Tiger supporter would resort to personal attacks for my BALANCED view on the game.

You think its a 50:50 game but can't concede a scenario where you lose - proving that 50:50 is not what you actually believe.

Very transparent.

What?

You claimed we will be ragged dolled because of the wet and GWS having MASSIVE SIZED mids...

You claimed we have NEVER played in a wetter game then you guys did saturday lel ( that's gold)

You say thats balanced ? haha

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Honest question, but how are Tiger fans feeling this week? Confident? Nervous? Both?

Pains me to say it but I think two flags for this Richmond side in three years is about right.
A little nervy. I'm trying to enjoy the week though, I remember how last year felt just missing this week. Hurt more than any other year which I think has a lot to do with having experienced it, its a bit of an addiction I guess. Perhaps 2 in 3 is right but what 'feels right' doesn't always come true.

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

Confident until we’re 50 points down. But really just looking forward to another GF after watching September from afar for 35 years. Just enjoying going to football. Excited!!

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
What?

You claimed we will be ragged dolled because of the wet and GWS having MASSIVE SIZED mids...

You claimed we have NEVER played in a wetter game then you guys did saturday lel ( that's gold)

You say thats balanced ? haha

Because you have a clear problem with comprehension - I point you to my earlier post where I outlined 3 scenario's. In 2 of those I believed Rich would win.

That's called BALANCE.

You guys are laughable - you have no capacity for putting context around any post doubting your team.

Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
GWS winning at the G in a big game was massive I think. IF they haven't spent all their tickets in getting there, they are a big show.

Extra break for Richmond and the potential for some underdone Giants coming back suggests Richmond should be favourites.

Because you have a clear problem with comprehension - I point you to my earlier post where I outlined 3 scenario's. In 2 of those I believed Rich would win.

That's called BALANCE.

You guys are laughable - you have no capacity for putting context around any post doubting your team.

You are missing the point. You questioned our ability in the wet, and you are wrong, 100% wrong. We are arguably the best wet weather team in the comp over the last 3 years,. Its their skills and talls that worry me more in the dry.

Last edited:

M0557

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020 - What a Ride...
Aug 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
West Ham United, Boston Celtics

Always nervous before a big game.

Genuinely looking forward to a good hard contest. Anyone declaring this a blow out I think should reconsider.

GWS will come out firing I suspect, maybe a little jittery, but this is a Grand Final, both teams will be, it will come down to who settles first.

End of the day, if our boys play at their best or close to, I think we should win the flag.

But we should not underestimate GWS, they are in some good form.

If I compare my feelings GF week in 2017 to now, I was a lot more nervous and honestly had a small level of confidence v Adelaide, given our form was red hot. Still a level of confidence, but more anxious for the day to start...... I love Grand Final week, really look forward to going Saturday.

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Both teams have a really resilient game style. I'm thinking more of players and matchups.

Davis is key for GWS - as good as Taylor was last week, they'll really need Davis plus Haynes to keep Richmond out.

Giants reallly to lock down Houli - he can change a game.

I wonder who Tigers will tag if anyone - Williams is running hot, Whitfield is supposedly available.

For matchups looking forward to De Boer v Dusty, Mummy v Nanko, Cameron v Grimes.

Really interesting contest. Giants have a lot of talent and a lot of belief, Richmond have the confidence of knowing they've done it before.

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Both teams have a really resilient game style. I'm thinking more of players and matchups.

Davis is key for GWS - as good as Taylor was last week, they'll really need Davis plus Haynes to keep Richmond out.

Giants reallly to lock down Houli - he can change a game.

I wonder who Tigers will tag if anyone - Williams is running hot, Whitfield is supposedly available.

For matchups looking forward to De Boer v Dusty, Mummy v Nanko, Cameron v Grimes.

Really interesting contest. Giants have a lot of talent and a lot of belief, Richmond have the confidence of knowing they've done it before.
Hardwick will tag whoever is playing the best, and only if Richmond aren’t winning. There won’t be a tag at the start of the game.

For me, it’s a very different feeling compared to 2017 due to:
1. Living on the Gold Coast instead of Melbourne
2. Tigers being favourites this time around

I’m so proud of the team/ whole club for overcoming all the injuries & a 7-6 start to make another GF ... BUT it would be devastating to come this far & go home without the trophy on Saturday evening

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
Sheeds celebrating whilst his bombers will not win a flag any time soon, a generation at least. Gws have a list so packed full of talent they can throw their b graders shields , treloar, Adams, hoskin Elliott away and have another 10 players ready to go and more cash to prop up their existence. Meanwhile the bombers and other clubs struggle with their salary club, bombers will soon lose Joe to another cashed up AFL project. Hope your happy sheeds!!
3 words
* YOU SHEEDS

QueenslanderTiger

Naughty boy
Aug 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
They talk up being told by their grandfather all the clubs traditions.
Im living my clubs now and will be able to tell my grandkids about them and more.
For a lot of people it's a family tradition. Opinions are often based off their own family values. I'm excited for you to be a pioneer in the success of your own club. Just not at our expense! ;)

Goodluck in the granny :thumbsu:

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Nope. So you think they’ve already become a club?

Thet were a club the moment they were formed as a club. Any other argument is nonsensical.

Fine by me, but I certainly don’t think this club as yet deserves to win a flag.

If the Giants win this Saturday, then they deserve to win a flag. In the same way as those other 'marketing exercises' or 'manufactured clubs' West Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide and the Brisbane Lions deserved to win a flag when they did.

And I’ve explained why already. I don’t expect Giants supporters or members to agree with that opinion!

I'm not a Giants member or supporter.

Back