Universal Love Nathan Fyfe 2019 Brownlow Medal Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Fyfe.

Had a super year and is an absolute champion player.

Was hoping Cripps might sneak the win, but Fyfe certainly a worthy winner.

Might have had more than 2 brownlow by now if not for injuries :eek:

#WhatAGun

Yep, Cripps is a ripper.
Back in 2016 I posted that I would rather Cripps than Bontempelli if I had a choice. I got ridiculed out of that thread.
Great to see Cripps is also getting well deserved recognition.

Would you guys say that this Brownlow win puts him above Pavlich as the best Fremantle player of all time?

For me Pavlich has a special place in my heart as he was essentially a one man show carrying our forwardline during our dark times and gave the team hope. Not only that but it was the spectacle he provided to games and made me a Freo fan from the beginning. He left such a strong legacy behind which I think attained greater meaning than simply how skilled he was as a footballer as amazing as he was as one of the best key forwards in the game, behind only Franklin.

But I think if you compare the two to their peers of their generation I'd say Fyfe is slightly ahead with two brownlows. If he can take us to a premiership it would definitely consolidate him as our best ever player.

Great result for Nat and the club.... could not have come at a better time. Really well deserved and despite our difficult history, to have witnessed players like Pav and Fyfe play for our club has been an absolute privilege
And Kepler Bradley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lead stories tomorrow:
1. Mike Tyson costs Rioli Goal of the Year.
2. Flying Ryan Wins Mark of the Year (fair enough though - this time last year he was having his car towed off a tree wasn't he?)
3. Nic Nat does a ginormous poo that inspires the country
4. Neale Leaps to finish 3rd in Brownlow after leaving Freo
5. Umps' Pet wins second Brownlow

Last edited:
Eagles board and fans so salty.
I genuinely don’t understand people

I have quite a few Slime supporter mates.
In general, they don't rate Fyfe. They choose to believe all that unfounded negative noise that they hear from the likes of 6pr, Fecesbook, theWorst and the like.
For some that choose to live in an echo chamber of Freo hate, they become uncomfortable when confronted with evidence contrary to their beliefs.

Lead stories tomorrow:
1. Mike Tyson costs Rioli Goal of the Year.
2. Flying Ryan Wins Goal of the Year (fair enough though - this time last year he was having his car towed off a tree wasn't he?)
3. Neale Leaps to finish 3rd in Brownlow after leaving Freo
4. Nic Nat does a ginormous poo that inspires the country
5. Umps' Pet wins second Brownlow
Swap 3 & 4 & I think you’ve got it spot on.

I hate the belief (totally unfounded) that Fyfe is arrogant and only plays for himself - I think that guy left us at the end of last year to play for himself at Brisbane.

Fyfe has been humble and loyal. I loved seeing him with Milli Lucas. When he opens his mouth his words are wise. How lucky we are to have him in our lifetime.

I have quite a few Slime supporter mates.
In general, they don't rate Fyfe. They choose to believe all that unfounded negative noise that they hear from the likes of 6pr, Fecesbook, theWorst and the like.
For some that choose to live in an echo chamber of Freo hate, they become uncomfortable when confronted with evidence contrary to their beliefs.

I think they drink so much of their own bathwater that the idea of Freo having something better than them is literally unthinkable. There are a few that buck that trend but most are far too inculcated to admit Fyfe's greatness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back