Traded Paddy Ryder [traded to St Kilda with Dougal Howard]

Remove this Banner Ad

His Achilles injury was so bad at Essendon that he went on to make the AA team in 2017...

Scott Lycett is a good player at the peak of his powers. Ryder is 31. No one's claiming he's going to get back to his best footy at his age, but he's a handy addition to a side that doesn't have a back up ruck and he'd be a handy addition to a club that has Bellcambers as their first ruck.
Lol, this all started because you were offended by the notion that Ryder was "injury riddled" even though he's had a string of achilles injuries for years and was clearly limited by it in 2018 and 2019. You don't need to turn this argument into something it isn't to save face. You're awfully touchy about this for some reason, I'm sure that Ryder will be an excellent pick up for the Saints and I'm sure you're very happy to win his signature :)

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
He didn't miss a single game in 2019 due to injury.

Considering he had a one year offer at Port, you'd have to be pretty dense to think he'd pack up and move his family for no additional time.
But how would a Port supporter know about one of their players compared to Essendon supporters?

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lol, this all started because you were offended by the notion that Ryder was "injury riddled" even though he's had a string of achilles injuries for years and was clearly limited by it in 2018 and 2019. You don't need to turn this argument into something it isn't to save face. You're awfully touchy about this for some reason, I'm sure that Ryder will be an excellent pick up for the Saints and I'm sure you're very happy to win his signature :)
No one's offended man, and I'm not turning it into anything. Just having a discussion.

diddley1984

The biggest horse in all of Norway
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Guesses on the deal?

Ryder and a future 4th for a future third?

Or Ryder for two 4ths?
I’d be happy with pick 68 on its own.
I don’t think port would even knock it back either. That won’t be happy about it, but they won’t put up a fight.

I dont think Port expect to get anything.
I think they will want a bit more than that. He’s basically free there. They will just want something of small value I’d guess.
Really? I’d think he should be basically free, 30+ ruckman who was not best 22.. and is uncontracted. Will be a pick upgrade I imagine.

Sorry Port guys but I think he’s worth close to nothing realistically

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Serious? Big achilles problems these past two years. Hence Port giving him away.

We’ve letting him go because he’s got a longer contract on offer somewhere else.

I’d be happy with pick 68 on its own.
I don’t think port would even knock it back either. That won’t be happy about it, but they won’t put up a fight.

Overly optimistic on your part. Pick 68 in this draft isn’t worth anything to any club, much less to port who have zero use for it.

I dont think Port expect to get anything.

Really? I’d think he should be basically free, 30+ ruckman who was not best 22.. and is uncontracted. Will be a pick upgrade I imagine.

Sorry Port guys but I think he’s worth close to nothing realistically

Was not best 22?

He played 17 games this year in a team stacked with ruckmen. He has been a first choice player and is first choice quality. It’s only because port are stacked with rucks and other teams are keen enough on him that they’ve offered him a longer contract.

We’ve letting him go because he’s got a longer contract on offer somewhere else.

Overly optimistic on your part. Pick 68 in this draft isn’t worth anything to any club, much less to port who have zero use for it.

Was not best 22?

He played 17 games this year in a team stacked with ruckmen. He has been a first choice player and is first choice quality. It’s only because port are stacked with rucks and other teams are keen enough on him that they’ve offered him a longer contract.
Was he best 22 by the end of the season? The longer contract is for 2 years rather than 1. He’s an uncontracted over 30 ruckman, feel free to ping me when the trade is done but I think he’ll cost very very little

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was he best 22 by the end of the season? The longer contract is for 2 years rather than 1. He’s an uncontracted over 30 ruckman, feel free to ping me when the trade is done but I think he’ll cost very very little

I think he will cost very little too, but I think it’s very optimistic to think we will give him away for free.

Picks after 45/50 in this draft are nearly worthless from a drafting POV. It’s just not a deep draft at all. Besides that port doesn’t need late picks this year with the hand we already have and mead as f/s.

Saints will give us something useable that’s not over the top for a guy at the end of his career. I would think that’s a future 4th round pick at the very worst,
Unless they’re incapable because of other trades and port just try to help them and paddy out.

Personally I hope we package Ryder and gray up for something.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Was not best 22?

He played 17 games this year in a team stacked with ruckmen.
He has been a first choice player and is first choice quality. It’s only because port are stacked with rucks and other teams are keen enough on him that they’ve offered him a longer contract.

There's a difference between being stacked with Ruckmen and being stacked with quality Ruckmen. Port's list definitely fitted into the first category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think he will cost very little too, but I think it’s very optimistic to think we will give him away for free.

Picks after 45/50 in this draft are nearly worthless from a drafting POV. It’s just not a deep draft at all. Besides that port doesn’t need late picks this year with the hand we already have and mead as f/s.

Saints will give us something useable that’s not over the top for a guy at the end of his career. I would think that’s a future 4th round pick at the very worst,
Unless they’re incapable because of other trades and port just try to help them and paddy out.

Personally I hope we package Ryder and gray up for something.
You guys should try getting a 2020 2nd rounder out of st kilda to help with points for next year. Maybe ryder and a 2020 3rd for a 2020 2nd

Not a chance.

Maybe Lycett would be a good stop gap a season, but I'd take Flynn over all of them.

That's the bloke who in his fourth season at the club is yet to play a single game despite his only competition this season being the rapidly decaying corpse of Shane Mumford, right?

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
That's the bloke who in his fourth season at the club is yet to play a single game despite his only competition this season being the rapidly decaying corpse of Shane Mumford, right?
Tore his ACL this year.

Plan was for him to make his debut in the second half of the year. Mumford was clearly a stopgap until Flynn put on more weight. He has been the best ruckman in the NEAFL the last three seasons. If he was fit, we certainly wouldn't be bringing Jacobs in (although Jacobs is an upgrade on Ryder so I'm surprised your squad didn't go for him).

Glad to see your understanding of football is equal to that of your side's coach :thumbsdown:

PAFCsince1870

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Tore his ACL this year.

Plan was for him to make his debut in the second half of the year. Mumford was clearly a stopgap until Flynn put on more weight. He has been the best ruckman in the NEAFL the last three seasons. If he was fit, we certainly wouldn't be bringing Jacobs in (although Jacobs is an upgrade on Ryder so I'm surprised your squad didn't go for him).

Glad to see your understanding of football is equal to that of your side's coach :thumbsdown:

Completely unproven ruckman yet to play a senior game preferred over a premiership winning ruck and/or young ruck who has actually made his debut and you’re criticising others about their inability to understand football?

Hilarious.

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's a difference between being stacked with Ruckmen and being stacked with quality Ruckmen. Port's list definitely fitted into the first category.
Lycett is no scrub and both Hayes and Ladhams are definitely both quality. What a silly statement after bragging about Matthew Flynn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back