Game Day 2019 Brownlow- Us & the rest

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe is the most self indulgent campaigner ever to lace them up, the fist pump after he knew he had it sewn up just shows he values individual awards over team success.

Can-not-stand this flog!
Sort of with you Sherm. His image feels curated.

Good player though.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t understand how people can hate on Fyfe. Great player, always plays the game the right way, speaks brilliantly and is loyal to a fault.

I reckon if he played for a Vic team he’d be lauded as the best player in the comp by far.
I would love to see him in North colours. Fyfe is the type of footballer you pay money to go to watch and there are not many of those running around these days.

Walker over Kelly didn’t make sense on draft night, makes even less sense now.
Looking back, anyone over Kelly has made no sense.

Hopefully Will can have an injury free run and do his thing at North long after Kelly has run off to WC.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I took a snap of the bets by club before the Brownlow.

Adelaide: B Crouch $1.72
Brissie without Neale: D Zorko $1.25
Carlton without Cripps: M Murphy $1.60 & S Walsh $6 tied
Collingwood: B Grundy $2.20
Essendon: Z Merrett $1.03 (only 2 votes ahead of Shiel!)
Freo without Fyfe: M Walters $1.08
Geelong: P Dangerfield $1.05
Gold Coast: D Swallow $1.55
GWS: S Coniglio $2.50 fave
Hawks: J O'Meara $3.50
Melbourne: M Gawn $1.45
North: S Higgins $1.55
Port without T Boak: R Gray $1.75
Richmond without D Martin: B Houli $2.08
Saints: S Ross $4.00
Swans: L Parker $1.10
West Coast: E Yeo $3.50
Doggies: M Bontempelli $1.25 & J Macrae $3.60 tied

Unless I’m mistaken, Goldy is the only North player to finish in the top 10 over the last decade.

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless I’m mistaken, Goldy is the only North player to finish in the top 10 over the last decade.

:(

It is a s**t award but our lack of standards and/or starpower are telling too.

For all the shite heaped on Lyon, Fyfe spoke about how he drove him harder this season.

You’re team losing shouldn’t preclude you from being best on.

Bobby Skilton won 3 Brownlows and South would’ve been lucky to win 3 games a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything it can make it more likely.

If you're the only good player in a poor side you may stand out more and catch the umps eye.

Cripps and Fyfe are examples - people went on about Cripps all year cos the rest of his side couldn't do jack.

Looking back, anyone over Kelly has made no sense.

Hopefully Will can have an injury free run and do his thing at North long after Kelly has run off to WC.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I wonder how many eastern states clubs looked at him and thought he'd be a flight risk.

Sort of with you Sherm. His image feels curated.

Good player though.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely. Hence the ‘sleeve’..

PR professionals telling him that he has to be the ‘Le Bron’ of the AFL, I pissed myself laughing when he told the media “he wears it so his mum can see him on the field”.. haha nice smokescreen Nathan, no you wear it because your PR company tells you to wear it as it defines you and your brand and so the umpires can see it = Brownlow = cash for brand.

No doubt he’s a superb footballer but the americanism of this guy has gone way too far already.
Oh well most people play AFL to win flags and be legends amongst their peers (ala Hodgey), others do it to build a property portfolio..

Going over the results now, the biggest question for me out of our players is how Simpkin only got 1 vote? He had 3 or 4 very high quality games, with 2 of them being BOG I thought. Feels like Taz should have got more as well. The rest seem just about right. Also, didn't feel like Higgins had quite as a good a season, but for him to poll 18 despite missing 5 games shows how they often give votes on reputation. He's had a good season for sure, but perhaps Cunnington should have had a few more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back