Youf/Academy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It is desperation when people are calling it a disaster for England that he might not lead them to Euro2020 success.

Some of our kids have needed to play regularly. Brahim before he left, Tosin (a year or two before he did move), Nmecha.

Playing week in week out could do more damage than good at this stage of his development. Especially if he is shunted off to some lower level club where players like him get kicked week in week out and he'd likely be playing a style of football totally foreign to the style we want him to play for the next decade plus.

I'm always happy to see Foden play, and if he is still playing bit parts by the start of the 20/21 season I think he will need to look at options. But he's doing fine now.

I do worry about the effect all these moves will have on Duncan's career. He's already missed a season of football with us, could see him following a similar path now.
Sounds like he's going on strike for the remainder of his contract because we wouldn't sell him for only 1.5mil.

Also the agent says 15k a week is a low wage for Duncan. But not 1 club was offering any more than that so not sure why he's bringing that up.

Last edited:
he could always go get another agent. or not gone with the guy who f’ed around with berahino.
I don't think this agent is going to last very long after people on twitter just exposed this guy making some really immoral tweets in the past.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
He's a football agent, like realestate agents.. they have no moral compass. I once had an agent try to tell me that I shouldn't lower the offer price for a house that has termites, water damage and various other faults.. then after I drop it he sells it without mentioning it to someone else for the same money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

He and James are back this week against Grimsby. Exciting times.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
The difference of youth football in 20 years.. This is the list of FA Youth Cup winners and their international debuts. It goes from 4/27 being British/Irish to 10/10

England are lucky they have a good crop of young talented players coming through at the moment because if they didn't - there is where the problem may lie.. and potentially will lie in the future.

moomba I recall you saying last year the U21s side got booked in an EFL Trophy game the same day you had a League Cup game where you played the kids.

Looks like that's happening to us today too. (First year we've entered the EFL Trophy)

moomba I recall you saying last year the U21s side got booked in an EFL Trophy game the same day you had a League Cup game where you played the kids.

Looks like that's happening to us today too. (First year we've entered the EFL Trophy)
And us yesterday as well.

Would have thought they'd try and avoid clashes but seems as if no-one is arsed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back