Live Event 2019 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Ban yourself.

What's the obsession with her? Do I gotta be a gout ridden PC using mofo to get it?
She's my everything, would not know whether to leave the house with a jumper or a raincoat without her.

She's my everything, would not know whether to leave the house with a jumper or a raincoat without her.

Come on, none of us on here actually leave the house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to the second coming of James Hird, Nathan "Nate "Nat "the Knife""" Fyfe

Dare I say it, he's probably the upgrade.

He has basically all of Hird's quality in a bigger, more powerful rig.

Only downside is kicking at goal.

Happy for him to win it. Was hoping he would tie with Danger.

It's been a long time since I've watched a Brownlow count - is it still something people watch in full?
And I guess a sub-question - do people still view it as THE award for AFL players? 20-25 years ago if you won the Brownlow you were the 'best', is this still the case?

I've always like the idea of an 'awards' night that would go for around 2 hrs, include some highlights from the season, and name the top 3/give out an award for:
Brownlow - best and fairest as voted by umps
Best as voted by Players Association
Best as voted by coaches
Best as voted by a media panel
Best defensive player
Best forward player
Rising Star
Coleman
Name the All Australian team
Name the under 23 team

It's been a long time since I've watched a Brownlow count - is it still something people watch in full?
And I guess a sub-question - do people still view it as THE award for AFL players? 20-25 years ago if you won the Brownlow you were the 'best', is this still the case?

I've always like the idea of an 'awards' night that would go for around 2 hrs, include some highlights from the season, and name the top 3/give out an award for:
Brownlow - best and fairest as voted by umps
Best as voted by Players Association
Best as voted by coaches
Best as voted by a media panel
Best defensive player
Best forward player
Rising Star
Coleman
Name the All Australian team
Name the under 23 team
I actually watched most of it, though I wasn't originally intending to. They had a tribute to former players that had passed away, a montage of retiring players which failed to include Matt Dea but had Luke Hodge in a Hawthorn jumper (I feel like they reused the same montage they had 2 years ago before he came back out of retirement for Brisbane?). They also doubled up Dale Morris and Tom Boyd in the same clip, which seemed lazy. Also the mark of the year, goal of the year, Jim Stynes community award and some other little bits and pieces in between the ad breaks and the occasional bit of "Round 8, 3 votes".

My highlight was the betting ads though, the guy that hosts it in a dinner jacket with an open plan office filled with very ordinary florescent lighting and cubicles behind him, a flat screen TV in the middle of it all to display the odds, while he interviewed a very disinterested looking Dane Swan about the $10 T-shirt and cap he was wearing. Idk who came up with it and maybe I was just very tired, but it had me in fits of laughter. Not that I can remember what the odds were, which company it was or anything else about it, so as far as marketing I'm not sure if it counts as successful.

Overall though the function seemed a bit better organised than the last time I bothered with it, which must've been 3-4 years ago. There was also a bit of live music from some spud that apparently sounds better when he's pre-recorded (and probably auto-tuned, I imagine).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back