News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settle on, no need to be dumb about it

Brad probably wins our B&F, he’s a former no.2 pick, under contract, and spent most of the year in the top dozen or so players in the coaches award. He finished similarly in Brownlow, after tiring towards the end of the year

Brouch is very high priced, high quality merchandise
Actually sanders i had this very argument with a carlton flog. Up until r23 b crouch was sitting inside the top 20 in the league in the coaches award. As such under contract he is not going to go to gc for pick 14 + change. I wonder though if they (gc) may not try to go pick 14 + 2020 1st for crouch and greenwood. Our risk would be how much do gc improve next year?

If Brad Crouch gives the club pick 2 or Luko then it’s a big yes for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If any of these rumours are true, then dealing with Gold Coast is our best outcome. No question. Their prime assets, from our perspective, are pick 1, pick 2 (I'm assuming this will happen), pick 14, 2020 round 1 pick, Lukosius + Rankine.

Last week Shaun Higgins was almost certainly leaving North.

About an hour later he signed a new deal.

Player managers have become very very good at playing the media.
Couple of weeks ago Burgoyne was very close to signing with Gold Coast. 30 minutes later Hawthorn announced he'd re-signed.

Brad for pick 14 plus their future 2nd is probably about where it sits.

He is an injury prone crash and bash midfielder with relatively low efficiency.

At the start of next season he will be 26. We should be very cautious about a 5 year extension taking him through to 31.

We probably won’t want to match a deal like that when he is RFA either.

GC would know all of that, which means we aren’t in a position to refuse a reasonable trade offer.

Brad is a fine player but we also need to be strategic about where our list is at.

Actually sanders i had this very argument with a carlton flog. [bUp until r23 b crouch was sitting inside the top 20 in the league in the coaches award. [/b]As such under contract he is not going to go to gc for pick 14 + change. I wonder though if they (gc) may not try to go pick 14 + 2020 1st for crouch and greenwood. Our risk would be how much do gc improve next year?

Top 20? He was in the top dozen for most of the year until tiring at the end. A performance matched in the Brownlow

At the start of next season he will be 26. We should be very cautious about a 5 year extension taking him through to 31.

GC would know all of that, which means we aren’t in a position to refuse a reasonable trade offer.

Brad is a fine player but we also need to be strategic about where our list is at.
Yeah, nah.

He gets votes because he gets a lot of it. But doesn’t kick goals, and is not that damaging for sheer numbers he produces. I’m not saying he is a bad player. He’s good. But he’s not an A grader.

Ever seen Brad tear a game open and win it off his back? Yeah me neither

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I would prefer to keep Brad, if the deal includes Luko or pick 2 then I would be ok with it.

Part of the deal for the priority pick with the AFL could be for them to use it on an established player so they may be open to using it for him. Then trade pick 3 for Luko and we bring in Anderson with pick 2. Would be massive for us going forward.

As much as I hate them, we need to take a note from the way Geelong deal with trades.

When Dangerfield wanted home they pushed the "he's given great service, you should let him come Home to be with his family, poor Dangerfield" narrative through the media.
Now Kelly actually has a genuine reason to want to go Home, Geelong are "screw Kelly, he is contracted and if you want him we want your entire club in return".

It is unbelievably hypocritical, but its in their best interests. We got smoked by Geelong because we again had to be the 'nice' guys.

Carlton have done the same to us with 'you have to pay extra for contracted players' over Gibbs. Now they want a contracted Betts for free.

Time for us to get tough and say screw you.

B Crouch is contracted. Greenwood is a required player (not really, but hey). If GC want them they can hand over picks 1&2. Otherwise see you later. (Happy to negotiate it down to B Crouch, Greenwood and Jenkins for 1,2 and Lukosious)

We need to play hardball. Time to stop being a soft target.
great post!!

This kind of mindless trade analysis kills me. Why would we trade him for P14 when we'll probably get a top 6 compo pick next year?

He's a contracted player, the only leverage that other teams have towards Adelaide is that they know we're about to go through a list refresh, but that doesn't dilute our position that much. We'll want to have a good trade position over the next 3 to 4 years.

He's a top 10 pick at the moment, plus change.

We don't even need to listen to the idea of a trade this year. We will match for sure next year.

Pick 14 2020/1 isn't even worth answering the call for, especially when they have much more interesting assets. If you want him, show us!

But a 30 year old Gibbs is worth 2 firsts?

Yeah, nah. Brad would be a walk up start at 17 other clubs.

That being said, if they came to us with an offer of 1&2 for both Crouchs and Greenwood (with something even going back their way), i'd take it in a heartbeat! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back