Recommitted Brayden Sier [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

So pies fans whats happening with Sier ? Its been nearly a month since the last post and no news
Has he signed a new contract ? Is he trade bait ? or will he be delisted ? whats his current value if he was to be traded ?
Your guess is as good as ours.

So pies fans whats happening with Sier ? Its been nearly a month since the last post and no news
Has he signed a new contract ? Is he trade bait ? or will he be delisted ? whats his current value if he was to be traded ?
It seemed like he was on the cusp of resigning until Phil Inn. Maybe Collingwood are reconsidering.

It seemed like he was on the cusp of resigning until Phil Inn. Maybe Collingwood are reconsidering.
Reports are that Collingwood hasn’t pulled their contract offer. Not sure what the hold up is unless Sier is considering a better offer.
Straight swap for Laverde.
Gross. No thx.

Reports are that Collingwood hasn’t pulled their contract offer. Not sure what the hold up is unless Sier is considering a better offer.

Gross. No thx.
Probably just waiting for some clean air to announce it. With you guys now out of finals you'll probably start getting a lot of list management news over the next few days. Free agency period opens next week, trade period starts the Monday following.

Personally i think he is on the trade table after the Phil Inn fiasco and pies have had enough, They probably will re sign him if not a suitable offer comes in but looking like they are happy to part ways. Cant imagine Sier would be the one not signing

I like his potential but would be happy to trade him for future picks.

I’m suspecting he’ll be on the table for a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick or player swap with Bombers?

I’m suspecting he’ll be on the table for a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick or player swap with Bombers?
Would you take Laverde? Please take Laverde.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please take Langford. If you want value, he’s more durable than Laverde (and the better forward). Pies will actually play him in the forward line like any other sensible team would. Instead, we’re trying to turn him into an inside mid, which will never work.

Please take Langford. If you want value, he’s more durable than Laverde (and the better forward). Pies will actually play him in the forward line like any other sensible team would. Instead, we’re trying to turn him into an inside mid, which will never work.
Can’t say I’d be confident that Langford would be able to get a game in our forward line when we’ve already got DeGoey, Stephenson and Hoskin Elliott already playing that medium forward role.

Melbourne were massively into him in Sier’s draft year and would’ve taken him if Collingwood didn’t beat them to it.

I’d suspect Melbourne will ask the question as they have a (relatively unsuccessful) history of securing players they were interested in but missed out on drafting when they become available (e.g. Ben Kennedy, Pat McNamara).

Demons also in love with one paced plodders in the midfield.

Played the only 12 games of his career in 2018 and averaged 20 disposals, 21 years of age, 90kg and 190cm, really liked the look of him in the games I watched.

I'd like the Lions to have a chat to his manager, he could be a bargain if he can't get a regular spot in the Collingwood side this year, would be ironic if Dayne Beams going to the Magpies forces him out of their midfield rotation and he ends up at the Lions as an unforeseen side benefit of that trade.
I feel he’s one that struggles under the intense spot light playing at Collingwood. I think a change of scenery would do him the world of good and perhaps serve as a bit of a wake up call, maturity comes with age. Is an absolute jet of a talent, but needs to work harder and smarten up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back