Rumour Brad Crouch to the Suns?

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Reported yesterday that B.Crouch is "very close to accepting a Gold Coast Suns' offer".

Is he serious or just trying to leverage another club to get more out of the Crows?

TalkingFootyNow1223

Stay Calm... Its Just A Game... SweetFA..
Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Apparently he wants 1 million per year and also apparently the Suns have an offer he wont be able to refuse. Would say even with Ellis on $600,000 per season they would still have tons of cash to chuck at Crouch to get him over but is he even worth 1 mill a year?

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Apparently he wants 1 million per year and also apparently the Suns have an offer he wont be able to refuse. Would say even with Ellis on $600,000 per season they would still have tons of cash to chuck at Crouch to get him over but is he even worth 1 mill a year?
I suppose the ambassadorial money the AFL were going to give to Burgoyne to join us is likely to come into play here. So let's say the AFL throw in $150k in ambassadorial money and we throw a $850k salary at him. He gets his million and we only slightly overpay for him.

Seems plausible?

TalkingFootyNow1223

Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
I suppose the ambassadorial money the AFL were going to give to Burgoyne to join us is likely to come into play here. So let's say the AFL throw in $150k in ambassadorial money and we throw a $850k salary at him. He gets his million and we only slightly overpay for him.

Seems plausible?
Seems plausible if only the Suns could hold down its quality players and start to build. They end up in square 1 each year

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
Is he serious or just trying to leverage another club to get more out of the Crows?

Methinks - Answer 'B' - sounds like leveraging GC interest, perceived or real, to get a bigger paycheck/longer contract.

Gold Coast's 'desperation' to stabilise things is being used by players to increase their lot. I would be surprised if he moves.

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The problem is he is contracted so the GC need to work out a trade with the crows that won't involve either pick1 or pick 2 assuming they get the priority pick.

I fell that Adelaide will play hard ball, which they can as he is contracted and want pick 2 for him.

If they can get it done and hold on to 1 and 2 to land Rowell and Anderson along with Ellis then that's a huge boost to there midfield.

The problem is he is contracted so the GC need to work out a trade with the crows that won't involve either pick1 or pick 2 assuming they get the priority pick.

I fell that Adelaide will play hard ball, which they can as he is contracted and want pick 2 for him.

If they can get it done and hold on to 1 and 2 to land Rowell and Anderson along with Ellis then that's a huge boost to there midfield.
maybe the AFL will give them a pick in the mid first round (about 9 or 10). They could on trade that to Adelaide and everyone is happy

Imagine delisting Lyons who was on peanuts but playing good footy to then pay $1M for an injury prone Brad Crouch 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Are you referring to the Suns or the Crows?

Still need to include pick 2 minimum. No deals will be agreed on without that pick!!
because one gif wasn't enough to describe the lunacy and stupidity in your post

Last edited:

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I mean, GC gave up pick 2 for Weller. If Crouch was genuinely keen to play for the Sun, the Crows could probably find a way to pressure GC and snag something like pick 2.

I would have thought they'd go after lukosius or rankine though

TalkingFootyNow1223

Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
I mean, GC gave up pick 2 for Weller. If Crouch was genuinely keen to play for the Sun, the Crows could probably find a way to pressure GC and snag something like pick 2.

I would have thought they'd go after lukosius or rankine though
Lukosius and Rankine are ours

Back