AFL 2019 - Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not saying those odds are correct, but you can get similar odds to those due to the SGM formula not being the same as a normal multi.

I can't think of another way to explain it to you so hopefully someone else can help.
This will help demonstrate.
This is a sgm.
You would think when U multi them together you would get 1.06 x1.06x1.12 =1.26odds
But no.
sb off me $1.44 instead.
This is what freo leo means by getting a little bit of a bonus in putting them in a multi.
IMG_20190924_150055.jpg

Ok - next question - is there any juice in the SGM multi odds compared to the same odds in the normal market?
Online bookmakers love multi bets because it multiplies their profit margin. It’s so successful to bookies that they often allow you to get one out of four legs wrong and get a refund. They wouldn’t offer these generous incentives if it wasn’t in their best interest.

Bookmaker profit increases because a multi bet, as the name suggests, multiplies each leg.

a multi bet of $1.90 x $1.90 x $1.90 = $6.85

Or you can choose to see a multi as 102.6% x 102.6% x 102.6% = 108.1%. using 102.6% because each line bet has two options, with 2.6% margin each.

Whether that multi wins or not, you’ve placed a bet into an 8.1% profit margin market for the bookmaker. If you do this consistently over the long term, you’ll lose money. A five leg multi at these percentages creates a 114% market and 14% long term profit for the bookmaker.

Targett explained perfectly.

Another way you can look at it.

Each odds signifies a percentage on how likely it is. Value comes when your percentage chance is higher than the odds suggest.

That 6.85 signifies a 14.5% chance of winning. That's for 3 50/50 bets. Which is a 12.5% chance, So the multi will come up every 8th time.

Only time i recommend multis is if you have a lot of markets that are high in value. For example you've found 12 bets that are $6 when they should be $3. Multi up and do 3/4 folds and if you are right you will clean up. Brownlow is a good example of that.

I'll be monitoring bookies so I can smash Dusty unders as soon it comes out. 2+ goals could be a play if we don't get offered a market for disposals, but being the GF and everyone trying to place 26 leg sgms I expect them to put something up at some point.

PointsBet have him for $4 to kick 2 goals and Tigers win.

GWS possibly hang around for a half before Tigers blow them away in the second half - much like the 17 prelim.

Tigers by 45, Prestia Norm, Castagna first goal
Tend to agree. The last quarter against the Pies burns in the back of my mind.

GWS possibly hang around for a half before Tigers blow them away in the second half - much like the 17 prelim.

Tigers by 45, Prestia Norm, Castagna first goal
I’d like you to be right.
Don’t know why though. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still kicking sausage rolls and loves a final.To go with stats already provided he is atg 6 from last 8

Ah, ok, 6 from last 8 surprises me but that's good going. Even playing up the ground one thing that he certainly has is a sense of where the goals are.

Why is this though? With all this talk of bookmaker profit margins with multis it would stand to reason they would allow the Norm Smith as part of a same game multi?

I’d say just cause it’s a massive multiplier, you could get some really big odds.

Why is this though? With all this talk of bookmaker profit margins with multis it would stand to reason they would allow the Norm Smith as part of a same game multi?

Because it is extremely likely that the winning team will also win the norm smith - it's just padding the odds. It's very unlikely Nick Haynes could win the Norm Smith if Richmond win, but if GWS win, your basically getting triple the odds when the NS leg has no real chance of getting up without the other.

Because it is extremely likely that the winning team will also win the norm smith - it's just padding the odds. It's very unlikely Nick Haynes could win the Norm Smith if Richmond win, but if GWS win, your basically getting triple the odds when the NS leg has no real chance of getting up without the other.

Odds adjustments due to dependency as you've pointed out is a factor in heaps of the currently available markets (ie if Jeremy Cameron kicks 5 the odds around GWS winning as a second leg are significantly shorter than SU). I'd say the reason they don't allow Norm Smith in same game multi's is that it's a variable that doesn't exist in most games so developing their pricing algorithms enough to include it as an option just isn't worth their time.

One i noticed today was Finlayson to kick 3 is $7.50 at SB. He was $9 yesterday. I think they have this wrong.

Has done 8/22 this season.

$2.80 to kick 2 which he has covered 14/22 this season.

Kicked 5 the last time they played Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back