Preview 2019 AFL Grand Final chat - Richmond Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I was under the impression that other people within the club realised and forced him to change. The parallels are there with B Scott and I do wonder where we might have got if we had more people internally that were willing to do the same...

It took bringing in neil Balme didn't it?

In the 2015 elimination final they looked pretty good at stages, looking like they were going to smash us early. But even then we owned them as per what we've come to expect. Then in 2016 we have completely embarrassed them in Tasmania, when they looked absolutely shot. And out of nowhere, they have completely transformed largely the same list into a dominant Premiership list a year later. Still has me stumped how they've done it.

Found some average players from nowhere, like Butler, Graham, Castagna, Lambert...

Reminds me of 2007 when we ventured down to Sleepy Hollow and dished out a hiding.

We know the rest

2019 Toyota AFL Grand Final Teams:
Richmond v GWS GIANTS
Richmond - M. Pickett in for J. Graham.
GWS GIANTS - L. Whitfield, T. Greene in for L. Keeffe, I. Hill.

Good to hear Pickett debuting. Does anyone know what he was locked up for?

All articles I found just refer to his "stupid/silly mistake."
This is legit the first I've heard of it.

Interesting.

In fairness, many of us did dumb s**t when we were teenagers. Maybe not custodial sentence dumb s**t, but I'm not here to judge.

Still curious to know what a teen has to do to wind up in the big house for two years, though.

This is legit the first I've heard of it.

Interesting.

In fairness, many of us did dumb s**t when we were teenagers. Maybe not custodial sentence dumb s**t, but I'm not here to judge.

Still curious to know what a teen has to do to wind up in the big house for two years, though.

Is he an aboriginal kid in WA? Probably be in public after dark.

I think the Giants will win, too much class.

If the Giants play defensively as well as they have been in this final series then I can't see Richmond winning.

Williams, Whitfield and Haines across half back swooping, intercepting and rebounding.

Greene to kick 6 and win the Normie.

This has the potential to be a great game. Both teams will feel like they’ve got unfinished business.

GWS will be physical again. Tigers will know they have to match it. And I reckon there’s a good chance Mummy will go out swinging.

In the 2015 elimination final they looked pretty good at stages, looking like they were going to smash us early. But even then we owned them as per what we've come to expect. Then in 2016 we have completely embarrassed them in Tasmania, when they looked absolutely shot. And out of nowhere, they have completely transformed largely the same list into a dominant Premiership list a year later. Still has me stumped how they've done it.

Found some average players from nowhere, like Butler, Graham, Castagna, Lambert...

From the 2015 Elimination Final....

They had a core of players who were, or would soon become A-graders. (Martin, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Rance). All were 24-26yo.
They gave up on spuds. Conca, Vickery, Griffiths, Miles, Hunt, Batchelor are all still in their 20s but they're all done.
The coach got honest feedback and he listened and acted on it. Quality support was put in around him.
Their low draft picks worked and consistently got better - Grimes was a pre-season pick. Astbury was #35. Houli was pre-season.
The Gold Coast Suns existed. How would we go if Lynch or Prestia knocked on our door wanting to join?
They traded smart - Nankervis for #46, Caddy & #56 for #24 & #64.
They had strong leadership off the field from people determined to create a culture of on-field success.
They found role players who played their role perfectly. None are stars but they are a key to they're success.

They were better placed than us, smarter than us, more professional than us, more determined than us, and luckier than us. Kudos to them but we had to be better. And we weren't.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's basically already said he will.

Put Greene down for one also, he won't give a fu**.

De Boar will be breathing down Dustys neck and make him cough up frees

And Shaw will try to get away with murder.

Should be a fun day.

From the 2015 Elimination Final....

They had a core of players who were, or would soon become A-graders. (Martin, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Rance). All were 24-26yo.
They gave up on spuds. Conca, Vickery, Griffiths, Miles, Hunt, Batchelor are all still in their 20s but they're all done.
The coach got honest feedback and he listened and acted on it.
Their low draft picks worked and consistently got better - Grimes was a pre-season pick. Astbury was #35. Houli was pre-season.
The Gold Coast Suns existed. How would we go if Lynch or Prestia knocked on our door wanting to join?
They traded smart - Nankervis for #46, Caddy & #56 for #24 & #64.
They had strong leadership off the field from people determined to create a culture of on-field success.
They found role players who played their role perfectly. None are stars but they are a key to they're success.

They were better placed than us, smarter than us, more professional than us, more determined than us, and luckier than us. Kudos to them but we had to be better. And we weren't.

Yes and 11 months later we decided to get rid of the Fab 4 with no succession plan for any of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back