The Big Dance - Roll Call and Logistics

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re picking up our tickets from the ticketek office at Panthers. I just love the optics of rocking up to the home of Phil Gould dressed in orange to get tickets to the AFL Grand Final involving GWS. It’s the little things that are making this week so cool.
The stupid thing is that the wife works within walking distance of World Square but she can't pick up the tickets because I booked them, even though she's on one of the tickets and has the same credit card. No Ticketek outlets north of the Parramatta river or between Enmore and Penrith.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
First time at the G for me + Mrs, pretty decent occasion for it too. Will be down there for the parade, will be great to soak it all in.

9-10k in orange on Saturday will be a good presence! I do wonder though if / how many fake fans signed up for a membership with GF tickets in mind. Hoping not many.
There's only around 130 Melbourne Giants members supposedly so won't be too many.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
First time at the G for me + Mrs, pretty decent occasion for it too. Will be down there for the parade, will be great to soak it all in.

9-10k in orange on Saturday will be a good presence! I do wonder though if / how many fake fans signed up for a membership with GF tickets in mind. Hoping not many.
Fake fans... nope :)
20190924_110403.jpeg
20190924_113119.jpeg

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wheres a pub in Melbourne to watch the game with a partisan Giants supporter base, not too many Tiger fans hopefully.

BringBackTorps

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Sitting M10
Driving down saturday morning from Tocumwal and then driving back Sunday. Thought about getting there Friday but hotels are cashing in.
. The Friday GF Parade, c. 100,000+, starting about midday, is special, worth going to if you can make it. There is a great vibe, there are brass bands at the Parade, playing the 2 Clubs' songs.

I am looking forward to hearing the Giants' song, played by a big brass band- it's possibly the best in the AFL (thanks, Harry Angus & Cat Empire), rousing, & particularly well suited to the brass version!
Does anyone know if a big brass band recording, no singing, has ever been made? Can this brass version only, or details of it, be posted here?

Why don't you book a cheap motel about ($120 per night, 1 double BR, very clean & comfortable), near a train station (trains all go into the CBD/Richmond/Jolimont stations, then 5 minute walk to G) in Melb.'s western or nthn. suburbs. At least 10kms from CBD will be cheapest.
Motels in far outer suburbs, or country towns (< 70 kms from CBD) even cheaper. Check train CBD arrival & departure times- don't get "stranded".
Asian food is the cheapest, & very good quality, in Footscray, 4km inner west- cheap motels, also.

CBD accomodation & food is expensive.

If you want to stay overnights in a nearby country town, I suggest you can also drive your car from the country town to a train station at Keon Park or Reservoir (12 kms from CBD). You will be able to find plenty of all day free car parking, near these stations, in nearby streets.

For the Giants, from western Sydney, playing in the GF is a special day in Australian history, on many different levels.
Carn Giants.

. I'd like to see a few Giants' players doing a few squatting leg kicks, in the middle of the circle, after the game. It would look sensational, would attract massive MSM attention, huge publicity for GWS!

. This is a good history of the Giants' song.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I'm feeling a little emotional today

My wife and I paid 50 bucks for those foundation memberships back in 2011. I have watched the young boys train out of demoubtables and sheeds used to say hi if you arrived for the scratchy as he was locking up his :)

We have sat through 100 point beltings, offen, and criticism from everyone out it not going to work, the heartbreak of knowing some of your best players are off to Melbourne at the end of each year and will be poached.

I have always had a spare membership tickets and tried to take a different person each week over the years and have always taken a spare hat and scarf so they can wear orange.

The criticism about being plastic and fake and this will never work.

And tomorrow I proudly watch the boys run out in a grand final, while Sydney is painted orange.

This is an incredible feeling

Is it just me ?

Screenshot_20190926-182515_Instagram.jpeg
Screenshot_20190927-074459.jpeg
Screenshot_20190926-182845_Instagram.jpeg

I'm feeling a little emotional today

My wife and I paid 50 bucks for those foundation memberships back in 2011. I have watched the young boys train out of demoubtables and sheeds used to say hi if you arrived for the scratchy as he was locking up his :)

We have sat through 100 point beltings, offen, and criticism from everyone out it not going to work, the heartbreak of knowing some of your best players are off to Melbourne at the end of each year and will be poached.

I have always had a spare membership tickets and tried to take a different person each week over the years and have always taken a spare hat and scarf so they can wear orange.

The criticism about being plastic and fake and this will never work.

And tomorrow I proudly watch the boys run out in a grand final, while Sydney is painted orange.

This is an incredible feeling

Is it just me ?

View attachment 753951View attachment 753952View attachment 753953

Not just you mate, we are all feeling it to some extent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back