Emmanuel Ajang- 188cm 76kg 10 Games Played 5.9 K 3.1 H 2.7 Marks per game

Karan Bharathi- 168cm 65kg No games played this year

Cooper Craig-Peters

Mutaz El Nour- Played for Caroline Springs this year

Saad Elhawli

Lachlan Dawson

Malwal Maguang- 185cm 78Kg didn't play NAB league this year

Bulldogs NGA Team 1 12.6-78 vs Southern Stingrays 10.8-68

Goal Kickers: J. Sparkman 3, J. Dunne 2, F. Fogaty 2, N. Troon, T. Humphrey, J. Cox, H. Bond, J. Clark

Best Players: J. Cox, F. Fogaty, W. White, T. Maple, J. Clark, H. Bond

Bulldogs NGA Team 2 9.14-68 vs Southern Stringray 2.7-19
Goal Kickers: M. Bryan 2, R. Hutchins 2, F. Cozens 2, K. Chapman, J. Cairns, C. McDonald

Best Players: R. Hutchins, T. Mitchell, A. Cadman, D. Pascoe, J. Cairns, C. McDonald

Bulldogs NGA 4.3-27 vs Southern Stingray 7.9-51
Goal Kickers: R. Stephens, P. Kissel, J. Royal, E. Woods

Best Players: O. Leonard, L. Blurton, J. Royal, E. Jowett, M. Seebeck, S. Weyburg

Bulldogs NGA 2.2-14 vs Southern Stingrays 3.3 18
Goal Kickers: P. Scott, L. Blurton

Best Players: R. Pickles, P. Scott, S. Weyburg, M. Seebeck, J. Speakman, J. Davidson

K_Nine

Debutant
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How highly is Cody Raak rated? How does he fair compared to Stevens and Macpherson at this stage?

How highly is Cody Raak rated? How does he fair compared to Stevens and Macpherson at this stage?
He is the definition of a utility player
192cm has played inside mid, key forward and key defense

Had a shoulder injury which derail his season but showed enough seasons of a bright 2020 season, i fully expect him to move into a midfield role
Which he has showed great signs in

Bulldogs NGA Team 1 12.6-78 vs Southern Stingrays 10.8-68

Goal Kickers: J. Sparkman 3, J. Dunne 2, F. Fogaty 2, N. Troon, T. Humphrey, J. Cox, H. Bond, J. Clark

Best Players: J. Cox, F. Fogaty, W. White, T. Maple, J. Clark, H. Bond

Bulldogs NGA Team 2 9.14-68 vs Southern Stringray 2.7-19
Goal Kickers: M. Bryan 2, R. Hutchins 2, F. Cozens 2, K. Chapman, J. Cairns, C. McDonald

Best Players: R. Hutchins, T. Mitchell, A. Cadman, D. Pascoe, J. Cairns, C. McDonald

Bulldogs NGA 4.3-27 vs Southern Stingray 7.9-51
Goal Kickers: R. Stephens, P. Kissel, J. Royal, E. Woods

Best Players: O. Leonard, L. Blurton, J. Royal, E. Jowett, M. Seebeck, S. Weyburg

Bulldogs NGA 2.2-14 vs Southern Stingrays 3.3 18
Goal Kickers: P. Scott, L. Blurton

Best Players: R. Pickles, P. Scott, S. Weyburg, M. Seebeck, J. Speakman, J. Davidson
Where were these games played mate?
Also how does CCP compare to porter. similar sort of players?

Where were these games played mate?
Also how does CCP compare to porter. similar sort of players?
Fixture a few post up

CCP reminds of a mixture of Libb and Wallis
I see CCP pushing porter in midfield rotation

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can someone please tell me about the 2020 prospect Stevens?
I highly recommend getting the nab league so so you can watch his highlights.

I think he's played predominantly as a mid in previous seasons but has been used as a key back more this year.

He's quite athletic for his size and send to have pretty clean hands and good awareness around packs. Is a nice kick but struggles with the weight on his kicks when he's on the run.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone know how to watch the Futures game on Saturday? Stevens and Ugle-Hagan both playing for Team Brown, really keen to see them go. Macrae's brother will be on the other side too

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I highly recommend getting the nab league so so you can watch his highlights.

I think he's played predominantly as a mid in previous seasons but has been used as a key back more this year.

He's quite athletic for his size and send to have pretty clean hands and good awareness around packs. Is a nice kick but struggles with the weight on his kicks when he's on the run.

THanks.

Why is Stevens touted as going in the first round?

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm not really an expert but he's had a pretty good year as an under age player and has all the tools to be a tall mid so recruiters would see a lot of upside as opposed to smaller players. Is playing in the u17 gf curtain raiser with Jamara which is basically the best 48 players in next year's crop minus those with injuries.

Anyone know how to watch the Futures game on Saturday? Stevens and Ugle-Hagan both playing for Team Brown, really keen to see them go. Macrae's brother will be on the other side too
Pretty sure its either on youtube via the same account they use to stream nab leagues games or on foxtel like last year

THanks.

Why is Stevens touted as going in the first round?
With the success of players like Cripps, Bont, Dunkley, Macrae and Fyfe 190+cm midfielders are all the rage. Naturally he needs to tick a few other boxes but he's in the conversation to be one of those in next year's draft.

THE 2019 NAB AFL Draft is not far off, but coming fresh off a NAB League premiership with the Oakleigh Chargers, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan has got Dogs fans already excited for the 2020 draft.

The 17-year-old key forward stands at 195 centimetres and is tied to the Western Bulldogs through the Next Generation Academy.

He's quick on the lead, knows where he needs to be and his marking is simply outstanding. When he's on, nothing can stop him.

DRAFT COMBINE Who are the key contenders in 2019?

"At the start of the season, everything was going my way. Then I ended up getting cut from Vic Country as a bottom-ager and I think that's when I started to develop as a player," Ugle-Hagan said.

"Since I got cut, I reckon it's helped me a lot, it's just made my mindset a lot better."

Ugle-Hagan was pulled aside and copped a spray from his forwards coach at Oakleigh for his body language earlier in the year, which has since become a real focus.

The talented forward, who played in the under-17 NAB All Stars Futures game at the MCG on Grand Final day, said he really started to "put the work in" after getting cut and he found form almost instantly.

It wasn't a simple transition to NAB League for the quietly-spoken forward. He moved to Scotch College from Warrnambool in Year 9 after receiving a scholarship.

He had been on the Greater Western Victorian Rebels list, but followed in the steps of his cousin, ex-Demon Dion Johnstone, in making the switch to the Chargers.

PHANTOM FORM GUIDE September update

The proximity of Oakleigh's facilities made getting to training a much easier process than heading out to Ballarat.

Plus, another of Ugle-Hagan's cousins, Lachie Johnson, was playing for the Chargers.

Johnson, the son of Lions premiership player Chris, is eligible to be taken as a father-son prospect by Brisbane or join Essendon as a Next Generation Academy player, if either club takes a strong interest in him.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan marks during the under-17 NAB All Stars Futures clash on Grand Final day.

719632_lp.jpg

From round 10 until the preliminary final, Ugle-Hagan booted 23 goals across six NAB League games, kicking at least three goals in each of those outings.

He kicked four goals against the Sandringham Dragons in the preliminary final, where he looked unbeatable on the lead all day, thanks to some quality service from his teammates.

AFL TRADE HUB All the latest news

He even pulled out the Charlie Cameron motorbike celebration after a goal, which Oakleigh coach Leigh Clarke loved seeing.

The prospect of a Grand Final at Ikon Park weighed on the young forward's mind heavily.

"I was a bit nervous as soon as the Sandringham game finished, so for the whole week I was pretty nervous," he said.

He tried to follow his normal routine throughout Grand Final week, which is bringing a drink bottle everywhere to stay hydrated and going to bed before 10pm on Friday nights, even if there's footy on.

Ugle-Hagan is not much of an AFL watcher anyway. He'd rather be playing.

The Grand Final day was glorious for the Chargers, as Matt Rowell led the way with 44 disposals in a 53-point win. It was also the first time Ugle-Hagan went goalless in a NAB League game since early April.

Likely No.1 draft pick Matt Rowell was outstanding in the NAB League Grand Final.

716635_ll.jpg

"Once the first quarter finished I knew I was going to have a quiet day," he said.

"I just tried to bring my teammates into the game by using my voice and playing my role and hoping the game would come, but it didn't come."

Playing his role meant making his presence felt, which he did with a huge bump on Joel Nathan from the Eastern Ranges in the first quarter.

The celebrations have been sweet for Ugle-Hagan. He admits he "hardly said a word during pre-season", but now looks at his Oakleigh teammates like "long-time brothers."

The best example of that might be another 17-year-old Chargers prospect who Bulldogs fans are keeping their eyes on – Finlay Macrae.

INDICATIVE DRAFT ORDER Your club's latest picks

Ugle-Hagan said he didn't have much chemistry initially with the younger brother of Jackson, but towards the end of the year, Macrae would try and hit Ugle-Hagan up with a kick two or three times a game.

The one place where Ugle-Hagan felt comfortable instantly was with the Western Bulldogs. He's spent plenty of time training with the head of the Next Generation Academy, David Newton, but the chance to actually head to Whitten Oval for a few days was something he really cherished.

Find Road to the Draft on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify.

"I went in there for two days for a camp thing. I go for Essendon, but as soon as I left that club (Western Bulldogs) and got to know all the boys, it feels like I should just go for them," he said.

Billy Gowers was the first person to really make Ugle-Hagan feel comfortable, while Bailey Smith and Marcus Bontempelli also took the time to get to know the key forward.

"I felt really close to all the boys, even though I'd only known them for two days," he said.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Billy Gowers was the first person to really make Ugle-Hagan feel comfortable, while Bailey Smith and Marcus Bontempelli also took the time to get to know the key forward.

"I felt really close to all the boys, even though I'd only known them for two days," he said.
I know Gowers struggled with form at times, but everything I read about him suggests he's just such a great character off-field and well loved around the club. Really hope he picks back up and finds his way back in. Quality bloke off-field, absolute prick to opposition players on field, and has demonstrated the ability to cause damage up forward. Exactly the type of player you want in your side. Hope he hasn't played his last game for us, would hate to see him play out 2020 in the VFL then be delisted

I know Gowers struggled with form at times, but everything I read about him suggests he's just such a great character off-field and well loved around the club. Really hope he picks back up and finds his way back in. Quality bloke off-field, absolute prick to opposition players on field, and has demonstrated the ability to cause damage up forward. Exactly the type of player you want in your side. Hope he hasn't played his last game for us, would hate to see him play out 2020 in the VFL then be delisted
Bevo has mentioned a few times how much he loves Gowers
Would pick him ahead of other players due to all the little things he does

Kinda plays a forward Libba role, just attempts to annoy defenders with off ball screens and drawing them away from others

Western Bulldogs NGA Team 1 6.7-43 vs North East Border 1 3.10-28

Goal Kickers: D. McGuigan 2, T. Humphrey, F. Fogaty, J. Clark, M. Faulkner

Best Players: H. Bond, J. Cox, B. Pope, F. Fogaty, J. Dunne, J. Clark

Western Bulldogs NGA Team 2 13.16-94 vs North East Border 2 4.4-28

Goal Kickers: D. Pascoe 3, O. Wortley 3, A. Taylor 2, B. Purchase, T. Mitchell, H. Rhodes, M. Bryan, J. Cairns

Best Players: A. Taylor, J. Hopper, D. Pascoe, D. Lual, F. Cozens

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bevo has mentioned a few times how much he loves Gowers
Would pick him ahead of other players due to all the little things he does

Kinda plays a forward Libba role, just attempts to annoy defenders with off ball screens and drawing them away from others
For mine the problem with Gowers is that he doesn't work hard enough to chase, harass and tackle once the opposition have the ball He only seems switched on with the ball entering the area/in contest.

Hard to see him being the final piece of a forward line that includes Naughton, Schache, Bruce, Lloyd and Dale.

These players have qualified to join Western Bulldogs NGA Prospects

Western Bulldogs

Emmanuel Ajang

Karan Bharathi

Cooper Craig-Peters

Mutaz El Nour

Saad Elhawli

Lachlan Dawson

Malwal Maguang
From my understanding, Craig-Peters will be taken in the draft

While the others will be doing training with Footscray for 2020 VFL Season if they make the cut

From my understanding, Craig-Peters will be taken in the draft

While the others will be doing training with Footscray for 2020 VFL Season if they make the cut
Wasn't Lachlan Dawson in the NGA group that could have been drafted last year? Or am I thinking of another Lachlan?

If he was, how come he's still an option in 2020? Do we retain NGA rights beyond their initial draft year?

Back