Preview Grand Final – Richmond Tigers vs GWS Giants, Saturday 28th September, MCG, 2.30pm

Sep 6, 2012
GWS
Thunder
Loving the welcome at the airport! :)

Attachments

• 2019-09-27 05.53.02.jpg
    2019-09-27 05.53.02.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 194

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
GWS
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Not currently but the AFL re-reviewing all that now (presumably on the back of the much publicised Jack Graham WW1-esque heroics last week).
I asked in a different thread but I think a player taking part in, say, 16 or more HandA games should get a medal because they’ve helped get the side to where they finished.
Look at Lids and Cogs. Would we be here without their efforts?
What does everyone else think?

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
GWS

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
GWS
Tommo maybe a touch fortunate to get the nod over Keeffe who was better in the Prelim but this works better for team balance.

He’s running great and marking well but his kicking has been below par.

I think whilst his confidence is at a low ebb he probably should give off by hand wherever possible and avoid any risks.

Tommo is a big match player and a class act so I suspect he will do a great job.

He stops and looks for the sideways or back kick too often.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
GWS
Meh, who gives a s#*t. It’s the dogs. Course they’re going to be petty, small minded, cheap and pathetic - it’s the Dogs. They are not ruining my weekend because I choose not to even think of them. I’ve got better things going on that what a small, small, man thinks of my magnificent club.

What’s with his reference to MMA twice, including “Leon and I should get in a room and go MMA to sort things out”?!?! What a ridiculous thing to say.
What does he think about Haynes’ larynx? What an immature thing to say.

Piesnchess

Sep 13, 2009
Mt Evelyn
Hi Giants fans, forgive the intrusion, yes im a Magpie fan, but I have no complaints after last week. You guys were simply a bit too good for us on the day, we had a shocking third qtr, lost the game there, had a gallant comeback, but too late, you deserved to win, we did not. im kinda glad really, we would not have beaten Richmond, who r nearly full strength, only rance out. We have no Cox, the big Yank who scares them, de goey dicey, hammy, Greenwood out,our tagger, Beams out, plus Reid is cooked, aish not ready, mistake picking him. we would not have won this week, and Tiger fans would have given us hell down here, not up for that crap from them, they r so arrogant and cocky right now. They are redhot faves to beat u guys, but I reckon you can beat them If u play as well as u did against us and doggies, and Brisvegas. The last 3 GFs have been won by the underdogs, like the Bulldogs flag,u are following their pattern. I give u a massive chance of a big upset win over the very cocky Richmond tigers, big chance. You can do it, you guys like Toby, Cameron, Davis will play like maniacs for your first Premiership, you will be real hungry to win. You have the team to upset the Tigers too, line for line. I wish you all the best, for tomorrow, be a great tough game, no quarter asked, and I reckon, Giants by 11 points, lock it in !

Dec 28, 2007
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Hi Giants fans, forgive the intrusion, yes im a Magpie fan, but I have no complaints after last week. You guys were simply a bit too good for us on the day, we had a shocking third qtr, lost the game there, had a gallant comeback, but too late, you deserved to win, we did not. im kinda glad really, we would not have beaten Richmond, who r nearly full strength, only rance out. We have no Cox, the big Yank who scares them, de goey dicey, hammy, Greenwood out,our tagger, Beams out, plus Reid is cooked, aish not ready, mistake picking him. we would not have won this week, and Tiger fans would have given us hell down here, not up for that crap from them, they r so arrogant and cocky right now. They are redhot faves to beat u guys, but I reckon you can beat them If u play as well as u did against us and doggies, and Brisvegas. The last 3 GFs have been won by the underdogs, like the Bulldogs flag,u are following their pattern. I give u a massive chance of a big upset win over the very cocky Richmond tigers, big chance. You can do it, you guys like Toby, Cameron, Davis will play like maniacs for your first Premiership, you will be real hungry to win. You have the team to upset the Tigers too, line for line. I wish you all the best, for tomorrow, be a great tough game, no quarter asked, and I reckon, Giants by 11 points, lock it in !
Yeah the pies would have never had a chance against Richmond and would have just been a repeat of 1980 with probably a record win, Im glad we are playing the Giants and im sure they will at least put up a good game and no way should the odds be what they are. Pies would never have stood a chance.

Tiger backmen will have their hands full with Himmelberg,Finlayson,cameron & Greene - This does look scary good combined with your midfield
If the Tigers win it will be due to the 'System' as people are calling it and gamestyle. What will be an issue for GWS will be their ability to remain in the game after 2 very hard games against brisbane & Collingwood which in the last quarter the Giants stopped

22. 5 hours left guys how is the nerves going

MacMum

Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
Hey guys, have read most of the posts here and they gave me goosebumps! What a brilliant welcome that was at the airport, so glad someone did that for your players.

Have no fears about lack of support, believe me it's a bit like the Pies.....those who don't follow them cheer for whichever team is playing them.

Majority of Victorians and other states fans will be barracking for you guys tomorrow! Don't get sucked in to this "have to cheer for a vic team rubbish...." Tigers are disliked nearly as much as the Pies.

Good luck and go get them!!

Piesnchess

Sep 13, 2009
Mt Evelyn
Yeah the pies would have never had a chance against Richmond and would have just been a repeat of 1980 with probably a record win, Im glad we are playing the Giants and im sure they will at least put up a good game and no way should the odds be what they are. Pies would never have stood a chance.

Tiger backmen will have their hands full with Himmelberg,Finlayson,cameron & Greene - This does look scary good combined with your midfield
If the Tigers win it will be due to the 'System' as people are calling it and gamestyle. What will be an issue for GWS will be their ability to remain in the game after 2 very hard games against brisbane & Collingwood which in the last quarter the Giants stopped

22. 5 hours left guys how is the nerves going
Well, I don't for one minute think it would be a repeat of 1980, that was the worst team the Pies have ever put into a GF, very few stars, big hearted battlers, and over trained by Hafey, after we had 3 tough finals, our PF win over Cats stuffed us. I concede u would have won well, but we would have gone down fighting by bout 33 points, nothing like back then, totally different team, this one to 1980. But we aint there, so that's all conjecture now, I think its going to be a very tough game tomorrow, close, GWS are battle hardened, will go down to the wire.

Dec 28, 2007
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Well, I don't for one minute think it would be a repeat of 1980, that was the worst team the Pies have ever put into a GF, very few stars, big hearted battlers, and over trained by Hafey, after we had 3 tough finals, our PF win over Cats stuffed us. I concede u would have won well, but we would have gone down fighting by bout 33 points, nothing like back then, totally different team, this one to 1980. But we aint there, so that's all conjecture now, I think its going to be a very tough game tomorrow, close, GWS are battle hardened, will go down to the wire.
sound similar to the GWS/Richmond 2019 ;)

Rhysswans13

Sep 3, 2012
Well done Giants on getting to the Grand Final and can’t wait to see you lifting the premiership cup tomorrow afternoon! I have been a Swans supporter all my life and will always be but it’s been hard not to fall in love with you guys. When I was young I would have never thought there would ever be a AFL team in my own background (Western Sydney) and defintely not one that would be challanging one of the biggest clubs in the AFL for the premiership cup in the Grand Final.

I never thought it would be possible that I could have a second team but I’m not ashamed to say as long as your not playing the Swans I will be cheering you guys on. My whole household last week which is all one eyed swans supporters were right behind you guys as you battled to hold on against the Magpies. Cheering every kick and mark and praying that you could hang on.

You guys have definitely made NSW and the ACT proud and win or lose this is just the beginning. The big big sound from the West of the town is only going to get bigger. Goodluck tomorrow and go Giants. Bring that premiership cup back to NSW where it belongs !

Piesnchess

Sep 13, 2009
Mt Evelyn
My only nerves at the moment are that i'll fall alseep and miss the midnight bus.

Will be different tomorrow though no doubt
Mate, bloody hell, are u leaving to come down from Sydney tonight, on the bus for the GF? Jeez, u wont get much sleep, ive done that trip in reverse, i recall that Bonegilla take away joint, yrs ago ! Goodluck tomorrow, have a great day, hope u can win it.!

Nov 23, 2015
GWS
Good luck for tomorrow, i've been riding the Giants train this finals series and wish you all the best!

Just a quick question, which kit are you guys wearing tomorrow? The all white "clash" kit or your home guernsey with white shorts?
We are hearing it's the white away gear. Don't understand why - but let's face it the boys would play in whatever they needed to!