Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Expand SOS.
From memory, Jane Kennedy was going to do a celebrity interview with Ugly Dave. Mike does a live cross to Jane, who's on location as the ambos wheel out a body covered in a sheet. Throw back to Mike in the studio and they roll out the pre-made obituary for old Ugly Dave.

That was back when Working Dog made good comedy.

From memory, Jane Kennedy was going to do a celebrity interview with Ugly Dave. Mike does a live cross to Jane, who's on location as the ambos wheel out a body covered in a sheet. Throw back to Mike in the studio and they roll out the pre-made obituary for old Ugly Dave.

Aww. What's wrong with HYBPA?

THE FREMANTLE RECLINK COMMUNITY CUP IS BACK FOR THE FIFTH YEAR.

The Reclink Australia Community Cup, a much loved nation-wide Aussie Rules football charity match that pits musicians against the media, is back for its fifth year in WA. This year’s local edition, The Fremantle Reclink Community Cup will take place on the hollowed grounds of Fremantle Community Bank Oval, Saturday October 5th.

From its humble pub-led beginnings, the event is now a hugely successful event on Melbourne’s annual musical (and sporting) calendar. The Community Cups’ achievements are now being replicated right around the country, with community radio stations and local media in each state going head to head with local musicians in a family friendly, entertaining day of grassroots football and live music.

“The Reclink Community Cup is the one day of the year when Perth’s community radio and local musicians, everyday people, connect and come together to help Reclink Australia raise much needed funds that enable us to deliver sport, recreation and arts programs, which make a huge difference to the lives of the neediest in our community.” said John Ballis, CEO, Reclink Australia.

The Bandgropers (WA Musicians) featuring members of Axe Girl, NEW TALK, Odette Mercy and Her Soul Atomics, FLOSSY and a host of more, including a special appearance from Aussie Rock royalty, Tim Rogers.

Kinda want Giants to win, reckon Shiel would be salty as hell this week

Choosing the team that hasn't won a final in.. *checks notes* 5,500 days.
And...
Treloar
Adams
Devon S
Hoskin-Elliot
95% of the Carlton squad..

And...
Treloar
Adams
Devon S
Hoskin-Elliot
95% of the Carlton squad..
yeah, Treloar got to at least play last year in the granny.
But Shiel, man, the fanfare and hype that was involved with him signing with * made it look like LeBron's "decision"

the big 4 media machine is something I've really grown to appreciate as I get older. I used to make jokes to all my Pies following mates in school through the 90s that "everyone says next year is the year for you guys, bad luck this year", but I understand now that every season the media sells papers and clicks to those clubs but underneath it all they're playing the exact same game we are, just with more market share. Its always so gratifying to see that yeah, again, this year isn't the year and no amount of money will change that.

Seem to laugh a lot at Utopia. Maybe you had to have been a public servant to appreciate it.
I think many would've worked for organisations where they've had to attend a "strategy workshop" led by a Carsten type.
Any big corporation, as well as any government. For a bunch of people who haven’t worked in either, they have captured it extraordinarily well - must have some great informers. One of our annual reports was a prop a couple of weeks ago - we were equally thrilled and embarrassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any big corporation, as well as any government. For a bunch of people who haven’t worked in either, they have captured it extraordinarily well - must have some great informers. One of our annual reports was a prop a couple of weeks ago - we were equally thrilled and embarrassed.
so true, our workplace has just gone through a relatively unsuccessful period of having a couple of very expensive consultants come in and restructure the business over the last 4 years. This proved to be very disruptive and none of the systems they implemented worked, in fact the place has gone backwards about 6 years. Due to the unmitigated disaster of the changes the management that implemented the change have since moved on and new managers appointed the their old roles. they are now looking at implementing changes based on what the staff have suggested to improve productivity. Unbeknown to them most of the suggestions are pretty much how the place ran 10 years ago.....

Was forced into one of those corporate workshop days a few years ago. Two blokes like Bill & Ben running it. Talking about working together, finishing each-others sentences, all love and flowers and positivity vibes.
Was a 6 month follow up to see how we were progressing. Only Bill was there. Asked him " Where's Ben Bill " ?

Apparently had a falling out !

Pissed myself laughing.

If you don't have the solution there is good money to be made prolonging the problem.

Consulting firms are selling a product of consulting not the answer to your problems.

Utopia is pretty damned good.

so true, our workplace has just gone through a relatively unsuccessful period of having a couple of very expensive consultants come in and restructure the business over the last 4 years. This proved to be very disruptive and none of the systems they implemented worked, in fact the place has gone backwards about 6 years. Due to the unmitigated disaster of the changes the management that implemented the change have since moved on and new managers appointed the their old roles. they are now looking at implementing changes based on what the staff have suggested to improve productivity. Unbeknown to them most of the suggestions are pretty much how the place ran 10 years ago.....
I'm sure that they dazzled management with a really impressive PowerPoint presentation, stating how they'd "review the organisational architecture in order to identify how to unlock value and achieve synergies" whatever the crap that means.

I'm sure that they dazzled management with a really impressive PowerPoint presentation, stating how they'd "review the organisational architecture in order to identify how to unlock value and achieve synergies" whatever the crap that means.

Sounds like Tef speak to me.

" Now, let's break up into groups of 6. I've got some butchers paper and texta's on the tables for you.........." 😈
Oh my ******* god the amount of times they pull this kindergarten level s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back