Opinion Poll: Ross Lyon as AFC Coach

Do you want Ross Lyon as head coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to overstate how disastrous Lyon has been for the Dockers, but their derby record about captures it. Anyone that by their own admission coaches effort rather than skill, and then has his team serve up some of the absolutely dismal performances they have over the past few years is difficult to take seriously.

END THREAD. Triple MMM just said Ross is not interested in the job, wants 12 montsh off
Best news I've heard all week. It worries me how many posts I've seen from people on this board promoting Ross Lyon. I know it's been a rough few weeks but damn, if Ross Lyon is the answer, you're asking the wrong questions.

Then again if this news came from Jarman, we could just as easily take it as confirmation of Lyon's appointment.

I voted "No, but I'd accept his appointment" because if he IS appointed nothing that's said in here will change it.
In that case, we'd have no choice but to accept it, and hope he does a Blighty (who must have learned from his previous mistakes).
Applies to whomever they appoint. We've got no say in it.

Best news I've heard all week. It worries me how many posts I've seen from people on this board promoting Ross Lyon. I know it's been a rough few weeks but damn, if Ross Lyon is the answer, you're asking the wrong questions.

Then again if this news came from Jarman, we could just as easily take it as confirmation of Lyon's appointment.

Has this news come from anyone but Andrew Jarman? Because when he says something, I tend to feel it’s best to assume the opposite is true...

I voted "No, but I'd accept his appointment" because if he IS appointed nothing that's said in here will change it.
In that case, we'd have no choice but to accept it, and hope he does a Blighty (who must have learned from his previous mistakes).

I actually wonder what the thoughts on this board would have looked like when Blight was mooted back in 96...

Would there have been similar criticisms re lack of success and gameplan? Albeit different times and gameplans than today.

Supporting a footy team is always optional mate. We aren't running a cult here. If you're pissed with the club, ain't no harm in voting with your feet. I know I will be if Burton survives this review.

Dude's a sex pest.

If we wanted a morally-questionable coach who cozies up to star players and ignores the rest of the squad, we coulda just kept Sando.

1) Supporting a footy team is always optional mate. We aren't running a cult here. 2) If you're pi**ed with the club, ain't no harm in voting with your feet. 3) I know I will be if Burton survives this review.
3) The thread/poll isn't about Burton, but if he stays on I'll be a great deal less interested in how the Crows go. Burton/Campo/Hart are failures and have to go.
2) I agree, totally.
1) I think you've misinterpreted my intent; sarcasm unwarranted. I can't just change allegiance and barrack for another AFL team. I started supporting West Adelaide in the 1960's and still do, but I stopped going to the footy about 6 years ago. AFL/SANFL both. Too expensive/ not a great view/ too aggravating.

However, if they appoint Lyon (and nobody seems to know yet what's going on), I have no choice but to accept it, and hope it works.

3) The thread/poll isn't about Burton, but if he stays on I'll be a great deal less interested in how the Crows go. Burton/Campo/Hart are failures and have to go.
2) I agree, totally.
1) I think you've misinterpreted my intent; sarcasm unwarranted. I can't just change allegiance and barrack for another AFL team. I started supporting West Adelaide in the 1960's and still do, but I stopped going to the footy about 6 years ago. AFL/SANFL both. Too expensive/ not a great view/ too aggravating.

However, if they appoint Lyon (and nobody seems to know yet what's going on), I have no choice but to accept it, and hope it works.
You and me are the same that way. I stopped going around 7 years ago. Mind you as much as I'd like to pat myself on the back for this, I did it for reasons not related to footy (money, time). The only piece of merch I've bought in the last few years was a second hand scarf for $5.

If Adelaide were to appoint Lyon, I wouldn't accept it. I would "agitate" for change until a replacement was found.

I would be very happy with Lyon. Knows what it takes to get teams into prelims and grannies and has obviously replicated this at two different clubs.

It’s also reasonable to assume he’d have ideas of how to improve a couple areas of his coaching that can only be learned from being there. In theory he should now be better prepared than ever.

We could do with some Lyon instilled resilience.

Back