Game Day Richmond v GWS grand final thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you rate Malthouses pies in the early 2000s?
Good side but port absolutely choked a couple of GFs away. Port and Brisbane really should have played 3 in a row against each other over that period of time. Brisbane definitely got a bit lucky with that, but also beat Essendon in 01 so probably deserved some luck after that effort.

Pickett, Rioli, Edwards, Bolton, Stack ... then throw in Castagna.

I am convinced if Thomas wasn't part of our Academy we would have bypassed him too.

Need speed, need to mine it where we can.

Will we? Watch Bennell line up Rd 1 for the Tiges next year.

How’s that?

Other than the obvious there were a number of good things that happened for us
The season was over after an hour of footy.

It took us 10 rounds to rectify the situation.

It was our 150th year.

This year was a certifiable clusterf*** any way you slice it.

Had we played consistently to anywhere near our potential we'd have played finals.

We beat the eventual premiers during the season. A team that not that long ago we gave $hit to because we'd done better.

If we started the year at zero and then went into negative merely getting back to zero isn't progress.

From right here we have hope but that's all it is hope nothing is proven and we have no idea how far from anything we are. We're Jekyll and Hyde and we don't know if that'll change.

Clusterf***.

The season was over after an hour of footy.

It took us 10 rounds to rectify the situation.

It was our 150th year.

This year was a certifiable clusterf*** any way you slice it.

Had we played consistently to anywhere near our potential we'd have played finals.

We beat the eventual premiers during the season. A team that not that long ago we gave $hit to because we'd done better.

If we started the year at zero and then went into negative merely getting back to zero isn't progress.

From right here we have hope but that's all it is hope nothing is proven and we have no idea how far from anything we are. We're Jekyll and Hyde and we don't know if that'll change.

Clusterf***.

On the flip side Scotts is gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Imagine we had 69 Games in a Row at Hardon Street. We would be unstoppable. :stern look
Honestly, I wish the AFL didn't get rid of all of the local grounds. I mean I know why, but watching premier league, and champions league especially, is dope because of all of the home grounds with incredible atmospheres. There's no intimidation factor for north, st kilda or the dogs because of *en marvel. I know I'd rather play in front of a 25-30k north stadium than a half full marvel if I was a player. Teams go to Anfield and s**t the bed, no one is going to marvel and doing that. Richmond had a huge advantage today, what with it being at the G (same as 2017), against a new team with far fewer fans. Intimidation was a real factor today, which isn't meant to be the case for a supposedly "neutral GF".

Honestly, I wish the AFL didn't get rid of all of the local grounds. I mean I know why, but watching premier league, and champions league especially, is dope because of all of the home grounds with incredible atmospheres. There's no intimidation factor for north, st kilda or the dogs because of fu**en marvel. I know I'd rather play in front of a 25-30k north stadium than a half full marvel if I was a player. Teams go to Anfield and s**t the bed, no one is going to marvel and doing that. Richmond had a huge advantage today, what with it being at the G (same as 2017), against a new team with far fewer fans. Intimidation was a real factor today, which isn't meant to be the case for a supposedly "neutral GF".

Are you old enough to have visited any of these Old Grounds because they were mostly Hell holes

My favourite GF since 1999.

Suck the biggest fat one GWS, the AFL funded that team to make it to where it was today and the footy gods said enjoy this serve of Karma.

J Kelly 💩 flog.
I look forward to J Cameron telling us in 10 years he would swap his Coleman medal for another chance at a flag.

Imagine if GWS got looked after as much as those big 4 campaigners!

Honestly, I wish the AFL didn't get rid of all of the local grounds. I mean I know why, but watching premier league, and champions league especially, is dope because of all of the home grounds with incredible atmospheres. There's no intimidation factor for north, st kilda or the dogs because of fu**en marvel. I know I'd rather play in front of a 25-30k north stadium than a half full marvel if I was a player. Teams go to Anfield and s**t the bed, no one is going to marvel and doing that. Richmond had a huge advantage today, what with it being at the G (same as 2017), against a new team with far fewer fans. Intimidation was a real factor today, which isn't meant to be the case for a supposedly "neutral GF".

For many a year the “This is Anfield” sign was replaced “Welcome to Anfailed, please help yourself to 3 points”

Are you old enough to have visited any of these Old Grounds because they were mostly Hell holes
Absolutely not, I'd more just like to see them to get rebuilt. I have been to the old white Hart lane in London though (was also pretty rubbish tbf). 36k capacity where spurs won 17 out of 19 in their last season there, and drew the other two. Home ground advantage is absolutely a real thing and the AFL doesn't have that anymore in Melbourne. It's so generic

Absolutely not, I'd more just like to see them to get rebuilt. I have been to the old white Hart lane in London though (was also pretty rubbish tbf). 36k capacity where spurs won 17 out of 19 in their last season there, and drew the other two. Home ground advantage is absolutely a real thing and the AFL doesn't have that anymore in Melbourne. It's so generic

A rebuild is okay but it won’t happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back