No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's interesting
If Ablett displayed character belief and more importantly leadership in his time with us and stayed he could have named the date of his exit from football
Now it will simply be a football decision by Geelong that sees him stay or go

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
It's interesting
If Ablett displayed character belief and more importantly leadership in his time with us and stayed he could have named the date of his exit from football
Now it will simply be a football decision by Geelong that sees him stay or go
Agree, but..
He might have bought himself another year or two with Geelong playing forward.
Playing in our midfield he might not have lasted.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree, but..
He might have bought himself another year or two with Geelong playing forward.
Playing in our midfield he might not have lasted.
you can't really discuss it because there's so many wotifs
A lot of people in 2010 said he wasn't a captain's a*hole and apparently Geelong had told him he wasn't going to captain the club
I saw his deficiencies but hoped the captaincy would improve him
It didn't
But if he'd stayed, he would still be our best mid - and having him would have enabled our younger guys to develop and free up guys like Swallow and even Lyons
Now he gets boo'd and his legacy is diminished by his return to Geelong IMO
People judge him as having done a runner
Guys like Lynch and May hadn't seen success so you cut them a bit of slack
But he had premierships and Brownlows
If he'd stayed and persevered he'd leave the game a hero
Now he's a great player with an asterix

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
For those who struggle with Suns position at the moment I suggest to check out Crows threads. Crows are in absolute upheaval on and off field and fans forums reflect that. Luko would be insane to even think about joining them. It's a hell there for players when the team does not perform. Adelaide bubble is probably worse that Melbourne. They have a lot of money tied to players who are over the top (JJ, Lynch, Walker, Gibbs, Betts,..) while rebuild is required and have not even started yet. Off field you have club factions fighting each other. I stick with Suns :)

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Big Red Machine SUNS
When is boddsy back? Its not a board without him
It's going to have to be a board without him until he can learn to stop accruing penalty points like I accrue grey hairs from dealing with it all.

Peel must’ve got a ban too..
Mutually assured destruction will do that.

Notice how the board is calmer as of late? The system works

For those who struggle with Suns position at the moment I suggest to check out Crows threads. Crows are in absolute upheaval on and off field and fans forums reflect that. Luko would be insane to even think about joining them. It's a hell there for players when the team does not perform. Adelaide bubble is probably worse that Melbourne. They have a lot of money tied to players who are over the top (JJ, Lynch, Walker, Gibbs, Betts,..) while rebuild is required and have not even started yet. Off field you have club factions fighting each other. I stick with Suns :)
It's never as good or bad as it seems. But I am enjoying this, If they continue to plummet we can finally cross them off the teams we haven't beaten list next year.

The Gotham Penguin

Give me fish - and The Batman!
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi there - new poster.
Became a Suns supporter after meeting Michael Rischitelli a couple of years ago.
I do have a soft spot for the Hawks - sorry!
I just admire the way they get things done, and hope GC can follow in their footsteps one day!
Last game I saw live was actually V The Hawks, but watch every game live at the grounds in Melbourne and all the others on Fox.
I hope I am welcome here!

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Hi there - new poster.
Became a Suns supporter after meeting Michael Rischitelli a couple of years ago.
I do have a soft spot for the Hawks - sorry!
I just admire the way they get things done, and hope GC can follow in their footsteps one day!
Last game I saw live was actually V The Hawks, but watch every game live at the grounds in Melbourne and all the others on Fox.
I hope I am welcome here!
Welcome, good to hear from supporters all around the country.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Just watched Karmichael hunts winning goal against RICHmond in cairns to make myself feel better
It's funny because the majority of the boys involved in the last two goals aren't with us any longer other than Harbs but damn it if it doesn't send chills down my spine every time.

When footys good to us it's damn good.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Benny did some funny signal before the sprint. Kind of like a super man thing - anyone have any inside info whether this means anything??
C04EED06-8C32-4161-8D4F-FCCB988CFD5F.png

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's funny because the majority of the boys involved in the last two goals aren't with us any longer other than Harbs but damn it if it doesn't send chills down my spine every time.

If funny that you go onto the afl And fox footy Facebook pages and a lot of comments saying get rid of the giants team now yet not that long ago they were selling home games to keep their books afloat and couldn’t win a final

Benny did some funny signal before the sprint. Kind of like a super man thing - anyone have any inside info whether this means anything??
View attachment 754871

Most of the guys done a sign/signal

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Our house had a mezzanine with a view over the living room from the kitchen
My oldest boy who was about 5 fondly remembers me sliding down the bannister before leaping over the rail and breaking it when we won
Similar to him steaming through CHF kicking that goal against Geelong
I probably should have been cited by DOCS for throwing the 2yo up in their on the first level of the far wing stands
Say what you like about Hunt, but he's a sporting freak

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
If funny that you go onto the afl And fox footy Facebook pages and a lot of comments saying get rid of the giants team now yet not that long ago they were selling home games to keep their books afloat and couldn’t win a final

Most of the guys done a sign/signal
Those comment sections are and probs always will be a cesspit, No matter how much success we have we'll always be outnumbered by the rest of the country liking each other's brain-dead posts and commenting "hahaha too true that's gold mate" like a band of glad handing Jerry's.

Only thing I can do is try and ensure this place doesn't fall into the same trap.

Not that I haven't been dragged into Facebook comment wars, I can say things on there I can't on here ;)

Back