Review 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS Saturday Sept 28th MCG 2.30pm

Who will win the 2019 AFL Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The record books won’t show we had this dominant Richmond premiership team on the ropes 21 points up in the prelim without our full forward playing

Ohhh what could have been.....
We couldn't touch them in the second half. Didn't matter who we had at FF. The ball wasn't getting there.

For sure.
I have rarely seen such a well melded team. They genuinely love each other, play for each other, even have a player quit mid year so the team can recruit a gun like Pickett.

Calm down with the hype Vdubs

They're better than Bulldogs 2016 (which premiership team isn't?). I'll give them that.

Any other premier between 2000-2019 is better than these Richmond sides. Hardly unique in how "well melded" they are.

They're good, don't get me wrong, but they're nowhere near the best premiership sides of the last two decades

Calm down with the hype Vdubs

They're better than Bulldogs 2016 (which premiership team isn't?). I'll give them that.

Any other premier between 2000-2019 is better than these Richmond sides. Hardly unique in how "well melded" they are.

They're good, don't get me wrong, but they're nowhere near the best premiership sides of the last two decades
Not so.
Swans and WCE did it once in their eras, same with Pies.
They have done it twice in increasing impressiveness.
When we were 11-1 this year they were not even in the 8 iirc. Pretty impressive recovery.
You are entitled to your opinion, as much as we all don't like them, imo, their style of play is like a cat toying with a mouse, just exhausting it, without necessarily killing it first blow, but capable of doing so. It was game over at half time today.

End of 2016, Caddy leaves Geelong.

Saturday, 28th September 2019, Caddy a two-time premiership player for Richmond. None of us saw that happening at the time, all thought he was leaving ‘the better team’ that probably was seen as a better chance of winning a flag. Well, that move for Caddy has proven to be a great one for him personally.

Saturday, 28th September 2019, Caddy a two-time premiership player for Richmond. None of us saw that happening at the time, all thought he was leaving ‘the better team’ that probably was seen as a better chance of winning a flag. Well, that move for Caddy has proven to be a great one for him personally.

Yep, an unmitigated loss that trade. Two time premiership player.

Yup. And this season he gets dropped to the VFL to learn a new role, and becomes better because of it.

It’s almost like the team comes first or something.

This tiger list reminds me of the Cats in our dynasty, they could win more flags. However, unlike the Cats, I bet the commentary next year will be heavily flattering of the Tiges, while they often didn't even acknowledge our guys out there just calling it mostly based on what our opposition was doing. I bet the Tiges don't get treated like that next season.

Yup. And this season he gets dropped to the VFL to learn a new role, and becomes better because of it.

It’s almost like the team comes first or something.

But at Geelong wanted to be the main man in midfield, and would’ve stunk it up and wanted out anyway if he was dropped to the VFL at Geelong.

Richmonds all about team and what’s best, their culture is first class, Geelongs isn’t and hasn’t been for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And not just that they won 12 in a row (although that’s impressive enough), it was that they played and defeated all the top teams along the way.

In essence, losing to the Pies prevented us being walloped in the GF....

Master stroke by Scott......

And not just that they won 12 in a row (although that’s impressive enough), it was that they played and defeated all the top teams along the way.

It’s funny, I walked away from the MCG that night we belted Richmond by 67pts thinking we were going onto ‘bigger and better’ things this year, while thinking the Tigers may be done for 2019.

As it turns out, after that game we totally shat the bed for the rest of the season while Richmond didn’t lose another game haha.

As it turns out, after that game we totally shat the bed for the rest of the season while Richmond didn’t lose another game haha.

They lost to the Crows the week after we beat them - that was their last loss.

Surely Ralph is just taking the piss now with the whole Pickett story:

In footy’s most audacious Grand Final debut, they carried him to a performance that echoed the deeds of indigenous greats like Cyril Rioli, Andrew McLeod and Shaun Burgoyne.
It is footy’s greatest story this year and maybe its most captivating this century.
This 27-year-old didn’t just provide the best moment of the Grand final, he doubled up for good measure.
A second-term blind turn as he darted out of the centre square was the jaw-dropping moment that couldn’t ever be eclipsed.
A star was born.
Best AFL debut ever? Damned straight.

He’s changed a fair bit in the last three years.
Very relaxed. Focused in the right moments. He would have been a big part of how they came back against us. Instead the ‘never say die’ attitude that Selwood has - which increasingly looks futile when we’re losing, Cotchin would embody a more relaxed form of confidence.

Even his interviews before the Geelong game and the GF - he was so chilled about it. He continually spoke about enjoying the moments and that he wasn’t even thinking about winning, rather he wanted his team to focus on the little things.

I thought he was too relaxed, but it turns out that he’s onto something really good.

They lost to the Crows the week after we beat them - that was their last loss.

Ahhh, well still, pretty amazing how things turned out after that night. They did exceptionally well to finish 16-6 (Games at MCG helped a lot) given the injuries they had this year. We also finished 16-6 and had a good run injury wise this year, if we had of copped what they did we don’t make the 8.

Living on Swan St is horrific right now.

fu** these tiger ferals.
you'll have to wear something resembling yellow and black to survive.
would be interesting to experience that sort of support in a suburban street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back