Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
39,105 at the SANFL Grand Final.

:thumbsu:

One for the ages, the old agers ..;)
The SANFL 10 team competition always tried to maximize attendances thus it played 22 rounds instead of 18. It always wanted 3 matchups a year between Port/Norwood/Sturt/Glenelg as they were comfortably the best supported clubs, plus clubs like port would play 13 home matches and other clubs like Woodville would only have 8. WAFL had a more spread of support with all clubs probably bar subiaco averaging near or above 10,000 for there home games.

SA support of the 2nd tier always exceeds any other State.

Our Game

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
Sandringham
AFL Club
Geelong
From todays AGE "The MCC allocates about 13,000 grand final reserved seat tickets ($30 each) for a ballot, with another 10,000 set aside for walk-ups on the day (no extra cost)."

Thats just plain WRONG if its true. I thought all the MCC allocated tickets were pre sold and none were for sale on the day.

WagonBang

All Australian
Feb 23, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
From todays AGE "The MCC allocates about 13,000 grand final reserved seat tickets ($30 each) for a ballot, with another 10,000 set aside for walk-ups on the day (no extra cost)."

Thats just plain WRONG if its true. I thought all the MCC allocated tickets were pre sold and none were for sale on the day.

The MCC reserve holds about 27k. Its always been split in half between walk up (scan MCC membership card / first in best dressed) and reserved seat holders. You cant buy tickets on game day for MCC. Walk up is included in their full (non restricted) membership.

Not sure how the new restricted member access works when reserve isn't full. If they purchase ticket upgrades at gate or if its walk up too once they have access. I know this happened at last season GF but cant remember the process.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The MCC reserve holds about 27k. Its always been split in half between walk up (scan MCC membership card / first in best dressed) and reserved seat holders. You cant buy tickets on game day for MCC. Walk up is included in their full (non restricted) membership.

Not sure how the new restricted member access works when reserve isn't full. If they purchase ticket upgrades at gate or if its walk up too once they have access. I know this happened at last season GF but can remember the process.
They sell them.via Ticketek online. No sales at the ground.

budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
Not much point, WAFL game was over before it started. Subi are another level.

When the best WAFL team is 100 points better than than the 2nd best team and everyone’s knows it before the match is even played it’s a wonder anyone watched the GF....

The WAFL has a big problem with $ubiaco

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Lets face it unless a player from your are into the footy team is a chance, The Brownlow can be a bit long and boring.

I watched other programmes Im more interested in and flicked over every now and then for an update I suspect a lot of other people did the same..
Had to fix that for you....😉😂

Our Game

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
Sandringham
AFL Club
Geelong
At least the AFL is not going that bad as having to buy a crowd for a PF!

NRL offer freebies to Roosters-Storm NRL finals clash

They are the tickets almost no-one in Sydney wants — seats at Saturday’s Roosters v Storm NRL preliminary final at the SCG.
So the NRL have taken matters into their own hands.

DEAN RITCHIE, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
|
September 25, 2019 6:29pmFearing a small preliminary final crowd, the NRL has given ANZ Stadium thousands of free tickets for Saturday night’s blockbuster between Sydney Roosters and Melbourne at the cross-town SCG.

Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood

They are the tickets almost no-one in Sydney wants — seats at Saturday’s Roosters v Storm NRL preliminary final at the SCG.

|
September 25, 2019 6:29pmFearing a small preliminary final crowd, the NRL has given ANZ Stadium thousands of free tickets for Saturday night’s blockbuster between Sydney Roosters and Melbourne at the cross-town SCG
Good lord - that's just embarrassing. Proof - as if more proof was needed - of the vast gulf in popularity between the AFL and NRL, with the FTA TV ratings last week being another example of just how far more popular our national game is.

Anyway, the MCC are confident of a capacity 100,024 or very close to that today. Just hope that a few MCC members decide not to come, or can't unexpectedly come, at the last minute. This is always the only reason any GF crowd doesn't always get to the absolute capacity.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

|
September 25, 2019 6:29pmFearing a small preliminary final crowd, the NRL has given ANZ Stadium thousands of free tickets for Saturday night’s blockbuster between Sydney Roosters and Melbourne at the cross-town SCG.
But Sydney media still devotes multiple pages to the game throughout the year, while relegating Swans & GWS 6 pages in.

I’ve never come across a more self defeating action by a media corporation in my life.

Our Game

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
Sandringham
AFL Club
Geelong
But Sydney media still devotes multiple pages to the game throughout the year, while relegating Swans & GWS 6 pages in.

I’ve never come across a more self defeating action by a media corporation in my life.
And of course it has little effect on NRL crowds that have stagnated for years now.

Its the old if the product is not appealing to the masses no amount of PR spin will make them attend!

So since we started getting 100k again in 2008 we’ve had:

as well as 4 x 99k and 1 x 98k.

Like I said, it doesn’t really matter which of those crowds is which GF as every year there are tens of thousands who want to go and can’t get tickets. It all just comes down to how well the MCC organise themselves to fill up their area.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I expect the ratings to be terrible for the final 1/4 after such a humiliation of the Giants.
Then again the Giants are such a hated club becausr of all the leg ups they have got from the AFL people might have stayed tuned in to watch the humiliation

Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood
... Then again the Giants are such a hated club becausr of all the leg ups they have got from the AFL people might have stayed tuned in to watch the humiliation
As several threads on the main board demonstrated, the so-called AFL leg-ups were greatly exaggerated (e.g. Carlton fielded far more first round draft picks this year than GWS, while GWS fielded more rookie picks and delistings from other clubs) and their success was mostly built on good drafting, player trading and development.

Another thread showed the overwhelming majority of non-Richmond supporters, particularly in Melbourne, wanted the Giants to win (or more accurately, wanted Richmond to lose as their gloating supporters are too insufferable to tolerate). Surely, knowing how the dynamics are in Victoria, you would realise this?

Back