I want it to be our turn soon....I really, really do!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who gives a *? It counts for nothing when we are already on our end of season trip.

They have won 2 flags in 3 years while we’ve finished 12th, 9th & 15th.

The tigers have created a dynasty while we’ve continued to be middle of the road plodders.

Who gives a fu**? It counts for nothing when we are already on our end of season trip.

The tigers have created a dynasty while we’ve continued to be middle of the road plodders.

I can see the world beyond a stats sheet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for you.

Doesn’t change the fact that we are unsuccessful.

I'm looking ahead. You're not.

We're not far away, just need a couple of tweaks.

Keen to see where our Draw takes us in 2020

Huge problems with 2019's
We're in the middle 6 as we were the previous year. We couldn't even manage to finish bottom 6 to give us a chance of having a draw like what Brisbane got in 2019. Such a North thing to do.

Folks seem to have difficulty separating the pre and post-Rhyce periods.

We won 7, were incredibly unlucky v the scum and we're robbed by the umpires v the bears, so it could easily have been 9 and 3.

We beat 4 sides that finished ahead of us on the ladder and should have beaten 6.

GWS was hard fought, but they were better.
West Coast just owned us on the spread.
Geelong's shoehorn on a damp night was a perfect scenario for them and a perfect storm for us.

We'll play finals next year, and if Simpkin, LDU and others come on well, and we pick up a good trade or two, then we'll give the top 4 a shake.

Who gives a fu**? It counts for nothing when we are already on our end of season trip.

We changed the coach and immediately things seemed different. Not just in how we played but the overall organisation of everything.

We did things we hadn't seen much under Scott. Come backs, holding leads and the like.

We changed the coach and immediately things seemed different. Not just in how we played but the overall organisation of everything.

We did things we hadn't seen much under Scott. Come backs, holding leads and the like.
In reality there was nothing different in the West Coast, Geelong and GWS losses - we were smacked by far superior sides.

It is these type of performances that we need to see fixed under Shaw.

Other sides will improve next year - Bulldogs will be one.

With Thommo gone we are going to need to peddle hard to just stay in the 9-14 range.

I want to believe in Shawry - and I do at this stage - but we will need a hell of lot to go right for us if we think we can just waltz up the ladder.

In reality there was nothing different in the West Coast, Geelong and GWS losses - we were smacked by far superior sides.

It is these type of performances that we need to see fixed under Shaw.

Other sides will improve next year - Bulldogs will be one.

With Thommo gone we are going to need to peddle hard to just stay in the 9-14 range.

I want to believe in Shawry - and I do at this stage - but we will need a hell of lot to go right for us if we think we can just waltz up the ladder.
This is so true. 17 other clubs can list a bunch of young players as reasons why they will improve next year.

We need to evolve our midfield, we can't have the slowest midfield in the comp and be shithouse at the hardball and defensive numbers in the middle. If we are playing bulls like Cunnington, Ziebell, Anderson, etc in the middle, we should dominate the stoppage and tackle numbers, otherwise it is completely pointless.

Also while we ponder change and how that will look from 2020 on wards, we for one thing will be fitter and have better skills as practice as far as I can tell has never seen anyone worse off than before.

We should have a few senior types return which again won't leave us worse off. I can say we weren't happy with how we set up in the middle and are working on that strategy. It has in part to do with certain players not committing to run both ways, that is being dealt with internally.

Also we have come out of a place where players weren't held accountable, that's changed and Macmillan, Anderson, Wood are testament to that. It is a new world for us.

I personally am still ******* mortified at what has gone on with the last regime. And before any states we made two pre lims, imagine for a second how'd we'd have gone with a better system in place!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back