Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Named in the best today. Could be looking at another top 20 NGA prospect next year
He was the best player for Team Dal Santo imo. Third highest ball winner in that team playing on the wing but he was running down people with tackles, threw his body on the line with spoiling attempts, carved up through congestion the few times he had to win the ball (they should have played him inside a bit imo), some really strong marks including a great contested mark, and a couple of brilliant intercepts. A lot of their best chains started from his hard work - but they screwed it down field (so he will fit right in at Freo). We are somewhat lucky he wasn't on Team Brown because I wouldn't be surprised if they were talking top 5 if he was.

Western was impressive. Clean with everything he does, on the ground and in the air. His vision and kicking was up there with the best on either side. He's just so small. I stood next to him on the ground, and I really doubt he has much growth left in him. He'll be sub 175cm come draft time, but all that might do is discount him nicely for us.

Western was impressive. Clean with everything he does, on the ground and in the air. His vision and kicking was up there with the best on either side. He's just so small. I stood next to him on the ground, and I really doubt he has much growth left in him. He'll be sub 175cm come draft time, but all that might do is discount him nicely for us.
Were you involved in the game Chris?

I some how don’t think his height will phase Peter Bell

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Were you involved in the game Chris?

Nah just got to watch it up close. Some nice players for next year, better talls than this draft.

WA could do a lot worse than building a midfield around Western at the Champs.

Nah just got to watch it up close. Some nice players for next year, better talls than this draft.

WA could do a lot worse than building a midfield around Western at the Champs.
In my extremely limited expertise he looks like an incredible inside mid given he runs both ways, is clean at ground level and has lightning hands but wont his size be incredibly limiting for that role at AFL level. Even Neales 178cm.

I’m sure we’ll find a spot for him but do you see it that same way, very good inside mid that will limited by his size against guys 10kgs heavier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my extremely limited expertise he looks like an incredible inside mid given he runs both ways, is clean at ground level and has lightning hands but wont his size be incredibly limiting for that role at AFL level. Even Neales 178cm.

I’m sure we’ll find a spot for him but do you see it that same way, very good inside mid that will limited by his size against guys 10kgs heavier
With six six six rule pace out of center square not hulking bodies is more important look at what richmond were able to do (their midfield's tiny).
size matters in a stoppage depending on where your placed. If your a big body your placed on the defensive side and you've got to stop some guy charging through. But if your small, man up space side or goal side so if we get the ball the small players are off.

That's good to hear, especially the part about kicking being good. All other sources I have read potted him for his ball use.

Does he use his speed to break from clearances well? I think stoppage burst is still one of our biggest areas to improve.

That's good to hear, especially the part about kicking being good. All other sources I have read potted him for his ball use.

Does he use his speed to break from clearances well? I think stoppage burst is still one of our biggest areas to improve.
It looked to me like he tries to kick while running at full speed and they can spray a bit.

Meanwhile he is well clear of everyone and could afford to balance himself given he is so much quicker than everyone else

It looked to me like he tries to kick while running at full speed and they can spray a bit.

Meanwhile he is well clear of everyone and could afford to balance himself given he is so much quicker than everyone else
If that's the case that's great because you can definitely teach him to compose. As long as he can hit targets when in space I am happy.

Sounds a bit like danger or Langdon in that sense. Moves too fast to be an elite kick

Walters is only 177cm. Can Western just rotate between forward line and midfield with Walters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back