List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I’d love to think the GWS stink fest from yesterday will lead to an exodus of their players and we will be the beneficiaries, there is an article on the AFL website which demonstrates what many have said in that it will be the big clubs that benefit:

Of their best 15 players to leave, 2 went west (both Freo) and 13 to Victoria. Of the 13 to Vic, 9 went to big clubs (Pies & Blues x 3 ea, Ess x 2 & Haw x 1).

Only St. Kilda is over-represented as a small club with 2, but they were Bruce and Steele, so not exactly cream of the crop.

The other two small clubs to get one each were Melbourne and Bulldogs.

To be fair Ahern was injured when he left. Who knows he may have been in their best 16 to have left if not injured???

Yeah but we’ve seen a few teams make it and never return to the big dance.
and that's without the embarrassment of an 89 point drubbing...

Talent alone should see them back, but the demons will be enormous after most of the team failed spectacularly...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Right, fair enough.

In the interest of fairness I'd acknowledge both, it doesn't necessarily have to be one way or another. Brad's last few years were apalling, but I can't not give him props to the fact he took a very lean list pretty far a few times.

Shaw despite his 10 games, doesn't really get to be judged in my opinion until Round 1-3 under his new team, new coaches and new-ish list.

I can't deal much in hypotheticals until Shaw does take a team into a finals series. Which I think he can, our list isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
Totally agree. What people don’t see is the spine. The spine is the hardest part to build. Tarrant and goldy are aging and Thompson is a loss but to have them with brown and larkey (who I reckon is another couple of years a way from his best) and hopefully get Maj back, possibly trade in Howard, and hopefully durdin and McKay make steps what we really need is some breakneck outside speed/run and carry. I think our brand stack up well to the contested style of footy that is finals. We need more speed.

I have to confess to being a little confused by the turn our beloved thread has taken. It seems to me that now we're arguing that Leon Cameron is a terrible coach and the reason they've got to 2 prelims and a grand final in the last 4 years is entirely down to the star players he's been given to coach, but then we also seem to be saying that none of those players would make our side any better. Just seems a little contradictory to me.
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that half a dozen of their side would be in our top 2 players if they came to us. You'd take Josh Kelly in a heartbeat surely.
Did I even see somebody suggest that Whitfield is a spud?

Spud no, drug cheat yes. Didn’t he get off lightly compared to others???

and that's without the embarrassment of an 89 point drubbing...

Talent alone should see them back, but the demons will be enormous after most of the team failed spectacularly...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their footy isn’t sustainable under finals pressure

Small forwards up for grabs
Papley
Elliott
L Taylor
Dan Butler

KPD
Howard
Frost
Keath (dogs bound?)

Grab 1 or each then hit the draft

Give me Elliott, Howard and keep our first and we're good to go IMO.

Their footy isn’t sustainable under finals pressure

It was pretty sustainable when Collingwood was throwing everything at them in the last quarter.

They just had a collectively dirty day against a very, very good side. They'll be back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair Ahern was injured when he left. Who knows he may have been in their best 16 to have left if not injured???
I guess, but he was still more of a speculative pick up at the time he was traded, even if he was a high pick originally. Don’t think it changes the view that proven high quality players that leave GWS for Victoria are more likely to join one of the bigger clubs.

post #9997
Imagine how much lower that number would be if the thread didn't have all of the s**t talking.

For mine, North definitely need to strengthen their ability to score from crumbs when the ball hits the ground in the forward line - the defensive forward pocket role of the last few seasons has been costly, so getting somebody like Elliot, who can slip a defender and hit the scoreboard (when he's fit and firing) would be terrific. Then, if only one of our own could also come up to speed with goal scoring as well we'd be right up forward.

I like the thought of Howard to take up a KPD position.

Is there a speedy mid anywhere in the market though? I don't follow the trade threads closely enough to know the ins and outs, who's worth what and so-on???

PS: Who gets #9999?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back