Opinion Which Preliminary Finals would have lead us to a premiership if we had have won them ?

Which years would we have won the GF if only we'd won the PF the previous week ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 7 12.1%

Votes: 40 69.0%

Votes: 21 36.2%

Votes: 4 6.9%

Votes: 46 79.3%

• Total voters

newcs

Club Legend
May 16, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
The years which were so near yet so far. Had we had won that Prelim we would have been able to beat that other team in the Grand Final.
Which were the three best chances.

13 and 19 definitely.

Not sure about 16 considering we got smashed in the PF.
Yeah but I feel we always had the Dogs Measure during that period, though I also feel free kick Bulldogs was damn near impossible to overcome. Frankly after re watching that prelim and grand final over the last few weeks I can’t think of any way it wasn’t orchestrated. The favoritism of the umps was so over the top it just had to be premeditated.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry for the intrusion, but I think 2010, 2016 and 2019 were flags that got away had you made it to the GF. I thought the Saints were average in 2010 and only beat you in a QF because of a non free (however the pies beat you so convincingly in that PF I shouldnt really be putting this here). In 2016 you had the wood over the dogs and I think you'd have beaten them, and GWS were completely overawed this year and I suspect you'd have beaten them easily too. I disagree with the common answer of 2013, I think Freo had the better of you during their early years with Lyon and I think they'd have won their maiden flag had you held off Hawthorn.

Not a prelim but if we beat Adelaide in 97 we would of won

I was in my friends living room (was her 18th bday whole family cat fans tho). I was on the floor, kneeling, then like head right down on the floor banging my hands on it when that mark happened. Just *ing fkd bullshit

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I was in my friends living room (was her 18th bday whole family cat fans tho). I was on the floor, kneeling, then like head right down on the floor banging my hands on it when that mark happened. Just f*n fkd bulls**t
Yeah it was f**ked

Yeah it was f**ked

But yeah i agree. Go back in time for a do over would be 1997

Forgetting the mark, forget the bs final 8 system.. we had the best defence and midfield or one of the best.. forward was lacking but hey whats new. And ablett had just retired

I really thought we would do it that year but oh no straight sets instead, surprise! Bah

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
But yeah i agree. Go back in time for a do over would be 1997

Forgetting the mark, forget the bs final 8 system.. we had the best defence and midfield or one of the best.. forward was lacking but hey whats new. And ablett had just retired

I really thought we would do it that year but oh no straight sets instead, surprise! Bah
Yeah same. Thought we were the best team. Really thought we could win that one.
And it's not like we totally f**ked it up, we were screwed over a fair bit.
Really frustrating.

My mum's vote definitely goes to 1991
.. omg keeps on banging on about it f*n 1991..

Could've had a chance in 1991 if Gaz senior and Brownless weren't suspended. Still don't know why Brownless was suspended. All the AFL said was it was a "reportable offence". :mad:

Overhang

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorry for the intrusion, but I think 2010, 2016 and 2019 were flags that got away had you made it to the GF. I thought the Saints were average in 2010 and only beat you in a QF because of a non free (however the pies beat you so convincingly in that PF I shouldnt really be putting this here). In 2016 you had the wood over the dogs and I think you'd have beaten them, and GWS were completely overawed this year and I suspect you'd have beaten them easily too. I disagree with the common answer of 2013, I think Freo had the better of you during their early years with Lyon and I think they'd have won their maiden flag had you held off Hawthorn.

Yup I tend to agree here, Dogs were very gettable and lets be frank has some pretty favorable umpiring to win that flag. I also don't think we would have beaten Freo given they beat us weeks earlier at KP.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
This is 1980's type thinking ... we could have beaten Rich at the G if only we could have beaten Coll at VFL Park.. A very Bulldogs Saints type thread
This is how we think now. And you should be damn happy about even being able to think about finals.
Some teams lose finals on a far less consistant basis.
We've won our 3 flags and that's good enough for at least 60+ years.
If that's not good enough for you, you're simply spoilt and ungrateful.

This is how we think now. And you should be damn happy about even being able to think about finals.
Some teams lose finals on a far less consistant basis.
We've won our 3 flags and that's good enough for at least 60+ years.
If that's not good enough for you, you're simply spoilt and ungrateful.

Disagree.

Flags are like heroin, one hit im addicted i want more more more. Please :)

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Disagree.

Flags are like heroin, one hit im addicted i want more more more. Please :)
Nup, if you think the aim is a flag, your just part of a small handful of degenerate scumbags.
99.99% of us love just competing, trading in players, not getting picks for quality kids.
No chance for a flag, but just getting to the finals is awesome.
Everyone is on board.

Back