Ben Reid signs on for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Emotion had nothing to do with it. Ben Reid just isn’t available enough when over the year to be suitable back up.

Good players can be found late. Where were Langdon, Mihocek picked! Players like Roughead and Dunn can be had for free.

I’d prefer an untried gamble who stays fit the whole year instead of player who’ll only be a available for a few weeks at most.

100% correct.

I’m completely against signing Reid. Just to fragile these days when we have an option to sign someone who can stay fit

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

What if he comes super cheap? I mean, when he played this year he was great.
Money is a non factor. Problem is he doesn’t play enough. We need to use list spots on players that will keep fit.

We have already announced retirements to Goldsack and Wells.

We are currently holding onto draft picks 33, 51, 64 and 69.

As things stand we have a choice between Reid or pick 64. Which one is more likely to be useful in a 2020 bid for the Premiership? And that’s before considering delistings.

pick 64. Easily.

Seriously don’t get the angst.
Reid is not best 22 - is just depth as others have said.
He will not be promoted over younger players.
Like Goldsack he may play VFL all next year and offer guidance to younger players.
Much like Roughie at Hawks.

Anyone thinking this is a massive list management issue can’t read between the lines.
Apart from the fact it means we won’t be getting anyone in, which is a list management issue.

As a kpf

What if he comes super cheap? I mean, when he played this year he was great.

Super cheap is great , super cheap and available to play is even better. personally i think its an error on the clubs part

Rich lose a prelim and go and sign Lynch, we lose a prelim and re-sign a 30 year old injury prone past it player..and people think we are a flag chance, cox and Reid.. bring on 2021.

List management of this club needs complete overhaul 😩
I think that deal was done before they lost the prelim.

I love Reidy for what he has given to the footy club, but even this one is strange to me. Reidy's body of work over the past few years has been minimal due to soft tissue injuries, and as he gets another year older, l just can't see it getting any better. Hoping to be proved completely incorrect in 2020.
The club needs to be smart this trade and draft period, as we really dont have much in the bank to be an active player this trade period. Maybe this is why Reidy was given another year, as our hopes of getting another KPF are relatively slim. This decision reeks of "fingers crossed" we can get 15 to 18 games out of him next year, but 29 games in 3 years isn't filling me with much confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre, I thought he was a definite candidate for retirement. When he’s fit, he’s a definite 22 player. I was very keen to offload all our injury prone stars this offseason. That includes Shaz, Elliot, Wells and Moore. You can’t build premierships around them.

Bizarre, I thought he was a definite candidate for retirement. When he’s fit, he’s a definite 22 player. I was very keen to offload all our injury prone stars this offseason. That includes Shaz, Elliot, Wells and Moore. You can’t build premierships around them.
Just continuing my internal monologue, I can only assume he is on bare minimum salary and that we couldn’t legitimately get a better player for that price. It’s not good signs for our trading offseason if we have to keep Reid because we can’t upgrade. I guess that’s the price you pay bringing in muppets like Beams!

13 seasons (debut 2007) at an average of 11 games per season.

Who says Collingwood isn’t a club full of risk-takers?

Sharenberg and Elliot are good chances of being gone this trade period, I reckon. Wells has retired.

That leaves Moore. And we need him badly.

With your attitude Grimes , Burgoyne and many others, would have missed stellar careers by being axed to early.

You want to get rid of Moore? bodies develop. If you were in charge of Australian cricket, NZ cricket would have been more successful. Pat Cummins would be opening their bowling and Mitch Johnson and Brett Lee would have had fine careers for them.

I’m shocked that people are as pessimistic as they are about this move.

Break in case of emergency type player signing for one year. Essentially a Goldsack type prospect. He won’t play beyond 2020 but im confident we’d be more like to call upon him than we were Goldy this year.

We still need to prioritise finding another KP forward or back this off season, ideally one mature (but not approaching 30 like the rest of ours) and one via the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back