Is there a worse journalist than Tom Browne

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
The Cellophane Kid can't even believe her ears and eyes.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
It was funny watching Nicky Winmar on The Front Bar earlier this year. Andy, Mick and Sam made incidental comments during their chat which referenced Tom Browne, and both times Winmar asked in a bamboozled voice, "Who's Tom Browne?"

Would've deflated Tom's ego I reckon.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Take a drink every time he says ‘it’s my understanding that’ and ‘my sources are telling me’.

Is Trade Game a Hutch production? I only ask because there were at least six, maybe seven breaks in half an hour. That’s some achievement.

Last edited:

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Is Trade Game a Hutch production? I only ask because there were at least six, maybe seven breaks in half an hour. That’s some achievement.

Anything trade radio is a crocmedia (aka Hutchy) production. It's been his baby since he came up with the idea.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Pissa. :D

AFL reporter denies rumour he set up a fake Twitter account to defend himself

Channel 7 reporter Tom Browne has been forced to address speculation he created a burner Twitter account to defend himself against social media criticism.
A Twitter account using the name ‘Jimmy Jones’ was created this month, with nearly all tweets from the account either congratulating Browne for his reporting or defending him from detractors.

The account gained notoriety in recent days, with many accusing Browne of setting up and operating the account himself, leading to the reporter being asked directly on radio this morning to address the claims. “It's absolutely not true, ‘Darce’ (Luke Darcy),” he said on Triple M.
“I only knew about this account on Sunday night, so all the detractors on social media that bag me they’re now criticising an account that I know nothing about suggesting that it’s me and I don’t know anything about the account.”

Asked whether someone close to him might’ve created the account, Browne said there was no indication that was the case. “Absolutely no one I know to the best of my knowledge unless my Mum’s got some secret fascination for Twitter, Darce,” he said. “But no, it’s not."

“I’ve got no idea who this is, I think they’re stitching me up. Perhaps a colleague or someone out there creating lots of buzz among all the journalists, ‘Geez, someone’s sticking up for Tom Browne’. I’ve got no idea what’s going on, I’ll just keep trying to do my job and break some stories.”

2d5e9f6e767b1bc9f271b064f4c534fc

facb5bc4f2eb2c1ed9b4fefd3865bb4d

e76b954d26b78aab12e409f7d464de6c

f8988ce9f4c1f567e168fc28a2a84cbc

Back