Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

So Gold Coast has chatted to Brads management and said he has a “healthy” view of his price. So in other words he asking for over what he is worth.

Yet Gold Coast are interested and still chatting to his management. So they are trying to get a contracted player and then say pick 2 is off the table, Lukosius is off the table. If everything the crows want is off the table maybe don’t get chat to a contracted player you muppets. No wonder this club is at where it is. It is run by imbeciles

You don’t know what your club want as the people currently deciding may not be there soon or alternatively not been appointed yet?

They may be very interested in some of our various picks this year or next for a list refresh? 🤷‍♂️

With the amount of media Brouch has received over the last couple of weeks, not his manager nor the Crows have come out yet and said he is untouchable? We usually at least get he is a required player by now.

It may not eventuate, but seems things are still bubbling away in background for now.

You don’t know what your club want as the people currently deciding may not be there soon or alternatively not been appointed yet?

They may be very interested in some of our various picks this year or next for a list refresh? 🤷‍♂️

With the amount of media Brouch has received over the last couple of weeks, not his manager nor the Crows have come out yet and said he is untouchable? We usually at least get he is a required player by now.

It may not eventuate, but seems things are still bubbling away in background for now.

If you are going to put it out there that you are chasing a contracted player, perhaps not take certain deals off the table that the team with the contract might be interested in.

Not only that pretty much insult the guy by saying he has a healthy view of his financial position. Keep that s**t behind closed doors

Looking more likely than ever that Brouch's manager is just trying to get a longer deal out of AFC after he has had an injury free year

If GC won't trade Luko, picks #1 or #2 to get Brouch, then sure AFC will hang on to him for at least another year.

Looking more likely than ever that Brouch's manager is just trying to get a longer deal out of AFC after he has had an injury free year

If GC won't trade Luko, picks #1 or #2 to get Brouch, then sure AFC will hang on to him for at least another year.
Could see us taking a 2020 first (cant see how they are not bottom)

The currency is there to get the deal done quite easily without giving 1, 2 or Luko now.

2019 2nd pick 20
2020 mid 1st pick 10/11

2019 1st pick 14
2020 mid 1st pick 10/11

Either one of those combos would get it done you’d think if he is willing to take their deal. The 2nd is probably overpaying as you very very rarely see someone going for 2 top 15 picks unless they are a top 20, AA quality player. So you’d think for a 85 game, 7 year player, with questionable injury history and factually and visibly poor disposal the 1st offer is by far enough.

Adelaide could take the gamble that 2 top 20 picks isn’t enough, try to lose as many games as they can next year and potentially end up with something ranging from pick 3-15 as compensation for him as a RFA. Likely around pick 6-10 (imo).
Nah

Port have 3 good young players.. funny thing is we will turn around pretty quickly but the pear sh1Tshow will continue to roll on
We have 3 great young players from the first round of last year alone.

Our s**t show won't last 12 more months, Hinkley will be gone and it'll be like a new club. We are counting down the days at Port Adelaide.

Yep, highly possible
This is probably the case with all managers, but hey 5 years for a high that has just gotten through a full season, it's like Polec again. I love him as a player so but when you have just come back and had 1 solid season after a serious injury and demand a 5 year deal, well geez you make it hard for the club.

Luko + Rowell + Anderson. I wouldn't be putting any of them on the table

Fair enough, but then we shouldn't put Brouch on the table.

Led our Brownlow & likely best & fairest.

We aren't just going to give him away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not if you don't have to. If Lukosius has indicated that he won't be signing a contract extension, then GC know Adelaide are able to offer more than they are likely to in a year's time and maybe a swap with them for B Crouch could work well. But I don't see it happening as Crouch only today has been unequivocal that the rumors he is looking to leave are bullsh1t

not if you don't have to. If Lukosius has indicated that he won't be signing a contract extension, then GC know Adelaide are able to offer more than they are likely to in a year's time and maybe a swap with them for B Crouch could work well. But I don't see it happening as Crouch only today has been unequivocal that the rumors he is looking to leave are bullsh1t
The crows can maker that offer next year, but so can everyone else. If I'm Lukosious I'm looking at the next few years and thinking about how I could get paid more than most in my draft class to stick out two more years and see where this massive injection of talent goes. Then if it doesn't work out be no worse of really. Crows aren't winning a flag next year and most contenders wouldn't invest in an option that isn't impacting during their window. Much better of doing whatTom Lynch did both financially and for flag success

I don't think it'll all come down to pay. GC has told Luko that his role is now in defense which is very interesting given ley forward prospects like him don't grow on trees.

It's one thing to teach a young player to play on defensive side of the ball, but another to make them a defensive player entirely. That decision alone could give him reason to want to leave, and it's interesting that Rankine resigned a couple of months ago yet there's been no movement on Luko (and king) despite having contract offers in front of them for months.

I don't think it'll all come down to pay. GC has told Luko that his role is now in defense which is very interesting given ley forward prospects like him don't grow on trees.

It's one thing to teach a young player to play on defensive side of the ball, but another to make them a defensive player entirely. That decision alone could give him reason to want to leave, and it's interesting that Rankine resigned a couple of months ago yet there's been no movement on Luko (and king) despite having contract offers in front of them for months.
Pretty sure that's just for his development mate. Darcy Fogarty spent most of this year in defense too I'm pretty sure.

Pretty sure that's just for his development mate. Darcy Fogarty spent most of this year in defense too I'm pretty sure.
That's not what Craig Cameron their list manager said yesterday. He said he saw Luko as a tall rebounding defender and not a forward. Fog played a half dozen games down back but nothing too meaningful.

That's not what Craig Cameron their list manager said yesterday. He said he saw Luko as a tall rebounding defender and not a forward. Fog played a half dozen games down back but nothing too meaningful.
He said he can eventually see him as a forward, but looks like he will play in defence for now.

Also went onto say he isn't the coach and doesn't make those decisions.

That's why I don't understand why there is even talk of losing either Crouch's.I'd be hanging onto both those guys like grim death. They are the engine room, they are the guys you do a rebuild around.

By all means get rid of fringe players like Jenkens and Ellis-Moleman, they are fringe players. But FFS fight hard to keep the Crouch's.
Bet you wouldn’t be saying fight hard if they were tiger bound

Port have 3 good young players.. funny thing is we will turn around pretty quickly but the pear sh1Tshow will continue to roll on

Sadly, I wholeheartedly agree with this. Despite going into 2020 with a close to league-worst list, The Crows will find a way to turn it around. I’m not so optimistic about us.

He said he'd develop as a defender as a then he'd go forward after he built his frame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back