Have we ever seen an exodus like what is taking place at Adelaide right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows, maybe it'll be the rebuild that is needed and be a positive.

But surely this is a poor reflection on T.Walker as captain?

Stupid post, these players leaving are past it.

Not really a stupid post, nor are all the players past it. Granted some of them are 'past it' (Jacobs & Betts).

Tex has been a terrible captain, by any stretch his legacy is poor.

They are doing the right thing to have a clear out, planting seeds for few years from now, they will be better for it.

A really ruthless club would have started culling the list in 2018. Unfortunately we had a lot of injuries that year which provided a smokescreen to our underperforming players and footy department. Obviously 2019 has laid out our issues in plain sight and now the club seems to have actually figured out the list needs rejuvenation. They are 2 years late but I guess it's better late than never.

Who knows, maybe it'll be the rebuild that is needed and be a positive.

But surely this is a poor reflection on T.Walker as captain?

Geez Walker cops some crap. For one they are leaving even though he has stood down, and hasn't been sole captain for a year, and has been acknowledged league wide multiple times as a good captain, and has been reported as a strong voice for the players when needed to stand up to the club.

From an outsiders perspective he could be criticised for going hard to find "the leak", but even then it could be argued he was trying to protect the playing group as a whole.

Walker is harshly criticized all because he stood straight during some anthems. Big ******* woop.

Walker is harshly criticized all because he stood straight during some anthems. Big ******* woop.

I think it was more about Tex's behaviour during the first half of the '17 GF. It looked like he was arguing with his players.

A really ruthless club would have started culling the list in 2018. Unfortunately we had a lot of injuries that year which provided a smokescreen to our underperforming players and footy department. Obviously 2019 has laid out our issues in plain sight and now the club seems to have actually figured out the list needs rejuvenation. They are 2 years late but I guess it's better late than never.

From a North perspective it reeks of 2015-2016. 2015 in hindsight was the last year for that group, 2016 was a limp to the finals after a soft draw made the club think it was on target, culminating in a huge flog from the Crows.

Which means there could be some tough times ahead.

Yes a bunch of those players are now deadwood but Betts, Jenkins, Douglas best isn't easily replaced (O'Brien and Doedee on track to outdo Jacobs and Keath though). If get Lukiosus, a few top 20 picks etc- could be a genius off season but also need to look at why good young players leave as well

I think it was more about Tex's behaviour during the first half of the '17 GF. It looked like he was arguing with his players.

Yep, 'looked like'. To be fair some players needed to be told their efforts were below par. Part of Walkers job is to lead from the front yes, and he didn't, but we don't know if structures were followed, I remember a couple of times where Richmond players went harder at the ball which should always be called out etc.

As fun as it is to be critical and claim the crows are a basket case all of the trade out names coming through I the media mate see as except for Laird and B. Crouch to me.

Their forward line especially strikes me as having quality in the 2s not getting a game in Fogarty, Himmelberg, Jones, McHenry

It’s all just one big collective disaster and the players had no choice but to go along with it. Not their fault. Get paid- do what you’re told.

In saying that...The Crows really are the most disliked club in the comp.

Not enough dislike to even mention it though. No one even has the energy to think about them unless you’re playing them that week. An irreverent speck within the league.

It’s just that no one cares if they fell into a black hole..like the black hole they’re in right now.

They had a talented, united, strong side a couple years ago. That ridiculous power ranger stance/mindset is just an example of the crap that’s been going on in the joint.

They have to reset and create yet another new culture with yet another new coach.

Buts that’s footy sometimes..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it hasnt gone deep enough and the wrong players are the ones leaving

Id be keeping Keath/Greenwood/Betts. Why get rid of good players for peanuts. Get rid of quality for quality

Id be more inclined to give Greenwood a 3 year contract, play him week in week out in the departed spots of Matt and Brad Crouch who ive flogged off to Gold Coast for a ton of picks + Lukosious. Id be more inclined to throw Daniel Talias name up for trade to Sydney for example who are in need of a FB and keep the cheaper guy like Keath. Id be more inclined to keep Sam Jacobs for 2 years, trade Reily O'Brien too GWS for some youth, get Frampton from Port and run with those 2 then give Jacobs up for absolutely zero.

Its all well to sell but you need to buy low and sell high. They are selling low and in danger of middling out. Either go the full hog or dont.

As much as I like to laugh at Young Reid's mess, this is a good step. Get a bunch of good picks concentrated in a 2-3 year window and build around that core.

Have to give up something to get something. The main criticism should be why didnt they start their rebuild last offseason? Theyve put themselves back a year by sticking with the oldies.

I think it hasnt gone deep enough and the wrong players are the ones leaving

Id be keeping Keath/Greenwood/Betts. Why get rid of good players for peanuts. Get rid of quality for quality

Id be more inclined to give Greenwood a 3 year contract, play him week in week out in the departed spots of Matt and Brad Crouch who ive flogged off to Gold Coast for a ton of picks + Lukosious. Id be more inclined to throw Daniel Talias name up for trade to Sydney for example who are in need of a FB and keep the cheaper guy like Keath. Id be more inclined to keep Sam Jacobs for 2 years, trade Reily O'Brien too GWS for some youth, get Frampton from Port and run with those 2 then give Jacobs up for absolutely zero.

Its all well to sell but you need to buy low and sell high. They are selling low and in danger of middling out. Either go the full hog or dont.
LOL! why would you trade ROB? So you can get some draft picks who may end up as good as him?

Crouches are a no brainer. Overvalued cant believe Brad is going to land them 2 first round picks. Then again they paid that for Gibbs 😂

LOL! why would you trade ROB? So you can get some draft picks who may end up as good as him?

Crouches are a no brainer. Overvalued cant believe Brad is going to land them 2 first round picks. Then again they paid that for Gibbs 😂

Because his value is very high. Gotta trade something to get something. Get first rounder + player back and back yourself in to get Brodie Grundy back with a godfather offer once Jacob goes

Crouches are a no brainer. Overvalued cant believe Brad is going to land them 2 first round picks. Then again they paid that for Gibbs
Geez they'd love those 2 first rounders back now (and probably the Stocker one too given how deep they are cutting).

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really a stupid post, nor are all the players past it. Granted some of them are 'past it' (Jacobs & Betts).

Tex has been a terrible captain, by any stretch his legacy is poor.

They are doing the right thing to have a clear out, planting seeds for few years from now, they will be better for it.

His peers wouldn't agree, being voted best captain on numerous occasions, guiding your team to a grand final after the playing groups coach being murdered I wouldn't say his legacy is poor, many captains never make a grand final, that would be seen as a poor or underwhelming legacy. It's time for a new leader, a new voice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back