Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Something I noticed this year...
Throughout the 90s I was always a Pagan Patron
I looked forward to the Annual Cocktail party , all players in attendance it was a nice meet and greet
For the last 20 years I was either general admission or didn’t renew a couple of times due to living overseas
This year I took the Archer package
About $1700 for the family
To my surprise no cocktail party, don’t they do those no more?
If not that’s pretty sht , very tight on the clubs behalf
It was a great night out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh player involvement at the annual cocktail function and post-match member room setups gradually eroded under Scott.

During the Pagan and Laidley eras you'd get very good player involvement at both but under Scott obviously the club became far more professional and modern. If you were lucky a couple of injured rookies would be shuffled on to a stage and shift nervously from side to side, answer a couple of stock questions from an MC then hang off to a side desperately trying to avoid kids looking for autographs.

I got one(well 4) of these the Port game.

The dude at the social club had a deal bag with them in it.
Yeh I got the medallion at HT too

There was a whole bunch sitting there like what a cluster *

I gave it to the club in the survey about the size of the magnets.

I don't even do the things. They are full of channeled options and don't seek any real honest input from the members.

However, this is nothing new. I have pointed out that the administration is detached from the membership for some time now.

I got one(well 4) of these the Port game.

The dude at the social club had a deal bag with them in it.

I didn't see one.

The Yarrawonga Pidgeons chook raffle is run with more professionalism than our mermbership department, and I am not referring to the workers on the floor who man that phones and deal with the members, as they do a very good job. I am referring to the incompetent arsehats that run the circus and who never engage with the public.

Last edited:
All membership packages have eroded in value and quality over several seasons now. You're getting less and less for the same or greater cost. I think the term is 'shrinkage' in retail. The club is basically exploiting the emotional attachment to our footy club we all have knowing full well that after being pissed off again for a day or two that we'll sign up like the gullable 'customers' we are. Some of the poor quality merchandise junk we're given goes straight into the bin unfortunately, sitting in reserved areas with opposition morons, less Vic home games, auto renewing without permission are just some of my personal gripes the past couple of years.
Club should offer this as an incentive, dedicate L3 behind the goals for ordinary North members only(no re$erved $eating) to create some sort of 'North' atmosphere. I'm truly getting fed up with sitting with loudmouth opposition *heads esp at home games.
In saying all this I've been a member for over 35 years and go every week and will continue to do so but the club should never ever take advantage of any if it's supporters.

The lack of north bays for ga members is a massive gripe of mine. I’m still a member of the club, but don’t like the reserved seating option when I can’t go to all home games or want to go with north mates who aren’t reserved themselves. I paid extra for the north end experience then they canned it. I couldn’t care less about the social club so forget that. I dont care what spin the afl puts on it, I hate sitting with opposition supporters and it’s no wonder there’s fights when they’re allowed in with the faithful. The Good Friday game is a case in point. Some serious restraint was required when I left at three quarter time that’s for sure.

Something I noticed this year...
Throughout the 90s I was always a Pagan Patron
I looked forward to the Annual Cocktail party , all players in attendance it was a nice meet and greet
For the last 20 years I was either general admission or didn’t renew a couple of times due to living overseas
This year I took the Archer package
About $1700 for the family
To my surprise no cocktail party, don’t they do those no more?
If not that’s pretty sht , very tight on the clubs behalf
It was a great night out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

l have Shimma memberships. The cocktail party got phased out years ago. They did supply another event in its place which was no where near as good...We also use to get axcess to the chairmains function but not now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

l got my renewal today and noticed that the polo was on it once again after l asked them to take it off last years membership renewal. So l had to send them an email which l haven't received a reply to so l will have to phone them later in the week to make sure. Why would l buy the polo when l haven't seen them yet...

A monumental cluster fu** this year, and something that has steadily declined in quality over recent years..

I won't be bothering with seats next year, my investment will be decreased, and I won't be bothering to get mine until the season's just about to start.

Message to the club: STOP STIFFING THE SUPPORTERS OVER 20 BUCKS OF CRAP!!!

Give us a cap AND a scarf AND a decent ******* fridge magnet fixture!!!!!

I also want a METAL social club pin!!!!

I will be waiting for the player phone call this year. Hopefully I get Zurhaar or LDU.

So the renewal email has arrived and unless I say otherwise my Membership will be automatically deducted on October 21st.

I don’t know why that date is picked

Being a Country Resident I typically wait to AFTER the fixture is released to figure out when and how I go to games

Just remember this as a stink last year

Had a reseved seat there for god, 15 years maybe. Sit sec. 32 h.f.f.

Unreserved seats are where ? Easy to get at a big game ?

yeah it goes the majority of that wing, no probs getting a seat at all. its very relaxed with space generally and you can sit mostly anywhere. get there a little earlier for big games if you have a favourite area,

I feel like all the seats are good there so we just rock up and we are 3 peeps. 1569924291004.png ;

yeah it goes the majority of that wing, no probs getting a seat at all. its very relaxed with space generally and you can sit mostly anywhere. get there a little earlier for big games if you have a favourite area,

I feel like all the seats are good there so we just rock up and we are 3 peeps.View attachment 756739;

Yeh thanks Y. Checked out club website but seemed you could only go to 3 games. 😕

All membership packages have eroded in value and quality over several seasons now. You're getting less and less for the same or greater cost. I think the term is 'shrinkage' in retail. The club is basically exploiting the emotional attachment to our footy club we all have knowing full well that after being pi**ed off again for a day or two that we'll sign up like the gullable 'customers' we are. Some of the poor quality merchandise junk we're given goes straight into the bin unfortunately, sitting in reserved areas with opposition morons, less Vic home games, auto renewing without permission are just some of my personal gripes the past couple of years.
Club should offer this as an incentive, dedicate L3 behind the goals for ordinary North members only(no re$erved $eating) to create some sort of 'North' atmosphere. I'm truly getting fed up with sitting with loudmouth opposition fu**heads esp at home games.
In saying all this I've been a member for over 35 years and go every week and will continue to do so but the club should never ever take advantage of any if it's supporters.
Yes you are correct on all accounts but we have had the belief at this club and that is We can’t do that we are a small club but as long as we look after our mates within the club everything will be ok.
We need to find new heroes to this club forward not just on the field not just in the Coaches box but we need to start finding new heroes in the Administration area to take this club forward not backwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back