Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine. I'll ******* have a juice. Orange juice is $7 for a 250mL bottle.
$17 for something straight from a "ethically sourced" carton of Pulp Masters Choice :registered:.....******* ice and pulp in an old Cottees jar is not juice and is not worth the legal hourly rate these campaigners are not paying their staff. Drives me ******* spare.

$17 for something straight from a "ethically sourced" carton of Pulp Masters Choice :registered:.....******* ice and pulp in an old Cottees jar is not juice and is not worth the legal hourly rate these campaigners are not paying their staff. Drives me ******* spare.
oh yeah. And sometimes you could stomach it if it was a straight forward juice. I just want a ******* orange juice. Not 10% orange, 10% carrot, and 80% ginger. It isn't pleasant. That's the trick. Put that in there and you walk out with 200mL left in a 275mL container. Then your wife says "you paid $7 for that so you better finish it" and you shudder every time you open the fridge for the next month. The pulp separates from the liquid and the bottle goes from rectangle to circular. Then when your wife isn't home you throw it in the bin. 2 seconds after she walks in she inspects the fridge and asks if you actually finished it. You say yes. She doesn't say anything and you know she doesn't believe you. You think about saying "fine, you can go without me next time" but you know that won't happen and you'll do the same dance again next weekend at a different place. :drunk:

End result: lost $7, lost some taste buds, got in the s**t and they will remember you wasting food/drink for the next 20 years - even if it only happens one time.

oh yeah. And sometimes you could stomach it if it was a straight forward juice. I just want a ******* orange juice. Not 10% orange, 10% carrot, and 80% ginger. It isn't pleasant. That's the trick. Put that in there and you walk out with 200mL left in a 275mL container. Then your wife says "you paid $7 for that so you better finish it" and you shudder every time you open the fridge for the next month. The pulp separates from the liquid and the bottle goes from rectangle to circular. Then when your wife isn't home you throw it in the bin. 2 seconds after she walks in she inspects the fridge and asks if you actually finished it. You say yes. She doesn't say anything and you know she doesn't believe you. You think about saying "fine, you can go without me next time" but you know that won't happen and you'll do the same dance again next weekend at a different place. :drunk:

End result: lost $7, lost some taste buds, got in the s**t and they will remember you wasting food/drink for the next 20 years - even if it only happens one time.

Are we talking the franchise that starts with B or just juice in general?

Juice in general. Those hipster joints that either make and bottle their own or a place sells it down the road and calls it organic so can slap on an extra $3 per 100mL

Okies

We just have Mister D’s up here

A Goulburn Valley institution

(MrD’s for google machine)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I'd experienced the seven planes of shopping hell but today I've been absolutely traumatised when I accompanied Mrs blackshadow to a clothing factory outlet.

It seemed okay when we first got there until three bus loads of "shoppers" arrived.

Are first they looked like semi normal older women wearing name tags but it soon became apparent that I was in the midst of something akin to a zombie apocalypse.

Everywhere I turned there were slack jawed automatons with dead eyes just focused on shopping, shopping, shopping... some were even dragging their own carts and just pulling random items off the racks and stuffing them into their carts.

It was ******* harrowing.

I thought I'd experienced the seven planes of shopping hell but today I've been absolutely traumatised when I accompanied Mrs blackshadow to a clothing factory outlet.

It seemed okay when we first got there until three bus loads of "shoppers" arrived.

Are first they looked like semi normal older women wearing name tags but it soon became apparent that I was in the midst of something akin to a zombie apocalypse.

Everywhere I turned there were slack jawed automatons with dead eyes just focused on shopping, shopping, shopping... some were even dragging their own carts and just pulling random items off the racks and stuffing them into their carts.

It was ******* harrowing.

Is that the one at Broadmeadows...I share your pain....

Bus loads come down from the country on Shopping Tours to raise $ for all types of clubs/organisations
One of the buses was from Ballarat and one from Geelong not sure where #3 was from.

Lads. Brethren. North Melbourne alumni.
I need some advice.

My future mother in law has a duck problem with them infiltrating and leaving droppings in the swimming pool.
Covers aren’t an option and we’ve tried everything else on the net.

Anyone have an idea of what may work or something left field? Getting a dog and shooting them have been ruled out.

I need some advice.

My future mother in law has a duck problem with them infiltrating and leaving droppings in the swimming pool.

Anyone have an idea of what may work or something left field? Getting a dog and shooting them have been ruled out.

Are they flying over a fence to get into the Pool? Are they swimming in the pool?

spent 10 bucks for a usb jack to replace one in a cheap notebook i picked up recently, pulled it down to replace it and lo and behold the original ones connector isnt plugged in! plug it in and all is good, i refuse to pull tech down before i have the bits on hand these days as i have lost to many bits having stuff pulled apart sitting in boxes waiting for bits to come.

I need some advice.

We just scare them away. Like, run at them with a stick and yell. Only need to do it a few times and they get the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back