UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

I wonder how long until Real start chasing Kepa again.

Not sure why it's Courtois who's at fault here. Horrible defending from Real, leaving not only Bonaventure but also Tau on the left completely unmarked. Bonaventure misses his shot, surprising the whole stadium, including himself and of course Courtois.

Courtois gets a lot of stick for leaving Chelsea the way he did and for being the former Atleti goalie, but some of the criticism is way over the top. The way Navas has been praised by some... Did you see him conceding against Reims last weekend? Horrible goalkeeping. If that was Courtois, we'd all read about it here. Navas has a history of mistakes no one seems to care about.

Zidane98 said:
Goshas blood would be boiling after reading that.

Gosh would be loving that.

Sounds like you two had something wonderful.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
So how does that reflect on Barca?

It shows that whoever is in charge of signing players isn't familiar with the team's tactics. Both Coutinho and Griezmann were/are being played out of position. It looks like City and Liverpool are being run much better.

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Just watching Aurier's positioning for the later goals in particular, so far up the pitch he is.

* that guy, how was this not even a yellow, worst 'attempt' to jump over a player I've ever seen

pv8vodzkxzp31.jpg

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Just watching Aurier's positioning for the later goals in particular, so far up the pitch he is.
Lamela was abusing while covering him at RB while Aurier was basically playing as a #10

I doubt we see Aurier play for us again to be honest. I'm expecting Poch to finally make some ruthless calls on a few like he did in his first season when banishing Kaboul (captain at the time), Adebayor (vc), Capoue & Lennon (longest serving club person).

Aurier, Wanyama & Eriksen the obvious trio. If there's a surprise 4th like there was with Lennon then it could very well be Vertonghen and/or Danny Rose who follows them to the U23s

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
What has Spurs results been in all comps since they were about 5 or so points behind City and Liverpool in the league last season?
Awful in the league that's for sure. Our lucky start where we were not drawing games caught up with us.

18/19: 3W, 2D, 7L
19/20: 3W, 2D, 2L
Combined: 22 out of a possible 57 points.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Embarrassing. Worst thing is puts us fans in an even less of a position to laugh at other clubs, which takes all the ******* fun out of football. What a muggy little s**t stain of a club I decided to support
I haven't laughed this hard since, I dunno, Colchester !! Now putting that aside I'm going to give WR some credit here, he gets the banter thing. A lot don't around here, it's like walking on eggshells at times.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Those final few minutes from Spurs, pathetic. Something just isn’t right, some of them looked like they didn’t want to be there.

Bayern strolled as they pleased and those two late goals within a minute of each other reminded me a bit of the 7-7 Germany/Brazil game.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I haven't laughed this hard since, I dunno, Colchester !! Now putting that aside I'm going to give WR some credit here, he gets the banter thing. A lot don't around here, it's like walking on eggshells at times.
Haha maybe, but the truth is football has left me wracked with resentment and bitterness. Women have also contributed.

Anyway, as long as we avoid conceding three or more goals over there then we still better the 10 you conceded against them a few years back.p

7ECA0A6E-1E18-471C-982B-931A640F84DD.gif

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How s**t has Dele Alli become though? He’s morphed into Jesse ******* Lingard. Bitten by the English disease by my reckoning. Bigged-up to the extent that it goes to his head and he becomes s**t.

How s**t has Dele Alli become though? He’s morphed into Jesse ******* Lingard. Bitten by the English disease by my reckoning. Bigged-up to the extent that it goes to his head and he becomes s**t.
Pochettino has stopped playing in a manner that maximises both he and Kane.
We used to play a style with Walker and Rose that stretched opposition back 4's out of shape with fullbacks dragged out wide and then late runs from Alli/Eriksen leaving two centrehalves to man up to 3 men. Those pockets got Kane and Alli lots of shots and lots of goals.

We've stopped playing like that. It's now slow and boring sideways passing with little overlapping run from the fullbacks, and when they do the lack of a DM leads to goals in the other direction.
As the CF Kane still scores his share despite season by season shots per game averages going downwards. Alli is being mismanaged. Not long ago came up with two clutch assists away at Ajax.

It's weird that I think this squad needs a kick up the arse from someone like Mourinho. Someone who will take no prisoners.
But Mourinho would be awful for someone like Alli.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yeah I remember not too long ago everyone had this guy to become world class and has just fallen into a heap, sterling has kicked on though.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah I remember not too long ago everyone had this guy to become world class and has just fallen into a heap, sterling has kicked on though.
Dr G is right about our style of football now not suiting his game, but there’s also something wrong with his psyche. He became the sort of “face” of the new England team, appearing on adverts and starting to become a bit of a brand. I think he lost focus and lost his commitment and drive. Happens often, I blame a lot of it on our media but also on our national psyche. I don’t think you’d have this problem in Germany or Spain with their young talent for example

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

+1 from me for WealstoneRaider also. We have had our disagreements but this bloke clearly knows his #bantz even at his own expense.

Reckon hes the sort of bloke you could spend hours at the pub debating football with.

Back