Multiplat AFL Evolution 2 - pre-launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the new game is on a new engine right? so everything should be new? i would expect they would be keen to show off how it looks and new animations and stuff

the new game is on a new engine right? so everything should be new? i would expect they would be keen to show off how it looks and new animations and stuff
Well WW can’t show anything from the game without it going through both tru blu and the AFL, so they’re probably responsible for nothing being shown

Wonder if this is having any impact on the development? Not sure how big they are, but you'd assume they are stretching their resources pretty thin with this. Unless AFL is now done and they are sinking it this now?

That looks promising. We'll still need to see the gameplay but it looks like they have improved quite a bit from this video compared to the videos they did for AFL Evolution. Shame about them recreating the moment we got sunk in the 2018 Grand Final but hey, What are you going to do?

Overall graphics look good but its a shame the crowd didn't react to match the audio, although that's maybe because Sheed is playing up to the Pies fans. Kick the winning goal in a grand final, it sounds like the crowd goes wild...... but it looks like they're still waiting for the first bounce down.

Obviously won't matter if the gameplay is improved but this is what they've shown us so far, so what's with the white caps and stripped beanies? Randomise the colours a little more and everything looks more natural.

From left to right in that last shot, I'd go with: Redden, Barrass, Cripps, Sheed, Vardy, Schofield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if this is having any impact on the development? Not sure how big they are, but you'd assume they are stretching their resources pretty thin with this. Unless AFL is now done and they are sinking it this now?

View attachment 752274

I would guess it's the latter. A few devs part time and some testers on cycle 286 who are thoroughly sick of the game and relieved to be wrapping things up. Few if any of these people will be working on AOE anytime soon.

On the flip side, it could be a basket case title and they have to move on to something that is going to earn them money. They'll push it out until April (an easy sell) and two men and a dog will work on it over summer. I doubt that would be the case though as they've already had a big extension. And parts of the game that aren't working can be shelved for the next one. Why do I say that? The game looks like it is a re-skin (probably not too risky) with an AI enhancement. With good change control those can be completely separate and any issues in test with the AI rolled back to an earlier version. I can't help but think there would be a bean counter somewhere (perhaps on the AFL side) that are perfectly happy with just the re-skin. So kudos to WW for going for something more. I just hope it comes off because it's been a loooong time between drinks.

Last edited:
How the * can you say the game looks like nothing more than a reskin with an Ai enhancement when we've seen nothing but a few pics and a shot at goal?

How the fu** can you say the game looks like nothing more than a reskin with an Ai enhancement when we've seen nothing but a few pics and a shot at goal?

I am yet to be convinced that the AI will have been enhanced.

That a 4 seater? Nice.
No just chumming up.
Caden McDonalds thoughts on the game: similar game but better.
Improvements:
Tackling
Marking
Set shots a bit weird but better
Moving through stoppages
Graphics, player likenesses
Team intros.

From what they said no one at wicked witch wanted it put out in November, December. By the time of the release, the draft and trade period will be done and teams will be out of date.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would be Good to see this as in game footage?
What a sneak peak. I like the gameplay, really realistic. Graphics a real improver it looks like real life so real
Where?
Who is Caden Mcdonald and why should I care what he thinks?
Agree... Who cares, we want to see all this for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back