Ways The Team Can Improve For Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2009
Belgrave
AFL Club
Geelong
I would like to know what constructive efforts this team could use to be better in the finals next season. Could care less where we finish so long as we make the finals with a bullet. I don't want us to be relevant, I want us to be envied by the time the season's over.

I bags kicking skills. On the run, kicking for goal, everything kicking. We need to improve there.

I would like to know what constructive efforts this team could use to be better in the finals next season. Could care less where we finish so long as we make the finals with a bullet. I don't want us to be relevant, I want us to be envied by the time the season's over.

I bags kicking skills. On the run, kicking for goal, everything kicking. We need to improve there.
In before sack coach delist spuds etc

You mean tactically on field ? Go back to playing the Geelong Higway far more than taking pride in keeping an opponent to 1 goal at KP... stop hiding our deficiencies by playing save footy.

Overall ..not plan for 2020...plan for a min of 2021. We were the envy of the comp when we developed talent from the draft..when we infrenquently took other clubs players so I think those days are done. All we can do now is be respected. Get the right kids into our system ...get rid of any r1 issue... and start talking to Ben King. Im sure he would not be short of suitors now. When I first brought up his name a lot if not the majority said he was only a backman.. well now every Vic club will have him in their sights and Stk think he is theirs..but can he play forward if he goes there next to his brother?
Once we have the kids..the look at matures like skim coat. The kids are the plasterboard and to me we finish of the work with the skim coat.

Natural improvement from the youngsters. (Savrat, Miers, Narkle. Henry, Clark, Atkins, Constable)
Blicavs playing ONE position for the year.
Stanley number one ruck.
No drop off in form from Danger, Hawk, Ablett, Stewart, Dahlhaus, Duncan, Kolo
Fingers crossed for no injuries. (Rohan, Cocky)
A couple of surprises from youngsters (Kreuger? Brownless? Okunbur?)

Natural improvement from the youngsters. (Savrat, Miers, Narkle. Henry, Clark, Atkins, Constable)
Stanley number one ruck.

As long as it's KPD...

Dont play blicavs in the ruck or on a wing in a final. Automatically makes us 30 percent better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This really depends on what we're measuring against. High point? Overall? Second half of the year including finals?

I don't think we'll be as good next year as our best this year. Recency bias has seen just how good we were be overlooked, imo.

Can we be more consistent and better overall? Maybe. But it shifts a big burden onto the development of our kids, imo. Good time to get a new development coach in, maybe?

Stanley number one ruck.
I can see you want the "form" section all to yourself. lol

There have been supporting stories about heavy load training going on at Geelong. I don't think its a myth.

Just look at Richmond's form this season. I can bloody tell you they weren't thrashing players after the mid season bye. Needs to be looked at. We limped into the finals. Barely got any form back.

Players do what they are paid to do and improve their deficiencies, rather than spending time in the media, PA etc padding their already fat wallets!!!

Gotta love Dangerfield doing fishing shows on SEN, but still having goal kicking skills that would be considered substandard in an under 16s reserves team!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back