FTA-TV Survivor Season 39: Island of the Idols

Remove this Banner Ad

How dumb was Elizabeth for taking on rob in a fire challenge when she had never made a fire before. You could see robs face change as soon as she agreed so quickly, he knew she was an idiot.
The whole scene was a bust IMO. Hopefully the future challenges/prizes are far fairer/better than that.

Finally got around to watching the first episode last night, thought it was a pretty good cast, still not convinced about the Rob/Sandra thing though.

One thing I was wondering was I assume production at least suggested (if not outright demanded) that Elizabeth not tell the others about Rob and Sandra being at the Island of the Idols? It doesn't really make sense for her to lie about it, given that it will be found out eventually. And I would think production would prefer it to be a mystery/secret for as long as possible- I think a big part of the twist is seeing people's surprise at seeing the island with the giant statues and Rob and Sandra being there, so they wouldn't want the first person going back to tell everyone what it was, and have no mystery about it for the rest of the season.

Didn't mind the firsty. Not against how they're using BRob and SDT. My main thing is I wonder how long they're a secret for. At a certain point more than half the castaways will have been there. Are they then supposed to all do a big group lie whenever it's mentioned?

Yeah agree unless she gets in the ear of the next person to go along with the lie also. But was stupid lying in the first place
I don't think it will be held against her going forward. She can easily say she was just trying to hide the fact that she lost her vote (and was therefore an easy boot).

And she can use it going forward to build trust by privately revealing it to 1 or 2 close Alliance members.

The first vote is usually so fickle, the most as-long-as-it-ain't-me in any given season. Not knowing what people have been saying back at camp, and not having any strong reason to feel secure in an alliance, I can understand Elizabeth's reluctance to announce her internship with the oracles.

Give people a chance to get to know you on a personal level first and they're less likely to care about a rather harmless lie you told days or weeks earlier.

Aaron salty about not being included in the previous vote. Brah, you were the most closely aligned with Ronnie ofc you were not gonna be told.

kellee went to IotI. Gave the same response to what happened at Elizabeth. Wtf??

Queries over Lauren’s hair. Does she know she’s playing Survivor?? And won’t that thing get messy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah
Have to remind myself who these people are because I'm not used to a whole week between episodes
Same. I should have watched last week's episode again. All Americans look alike to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back