Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Could he play this 70-30 forward split he’s played in finals for the whole year next year??
Think it’s the most I’ve seen him forward and it’s devastating he’d go close to kicking 50. We have the midfield depth now
Coleman incoming
He's won everything else, so why not!

You reckon if he played 100% fwd time he could do a 100 goal season? 😁

Was wondering what Royce Hart was thinking about the win, given that he's on record as saying that Dusty's his favourite player amongst the current group. I couldn't find a post-win interview, but this won on 3AW two days before the GF isn't bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hear a lot saying he shouldn’t of won the norm again

lel when the game was on the line it was him and jiewoldt with a few oothers chiming in

second half doesn't count GWS did nothing aside from kick the ball to us and not defend at all it was entirely junktime that half

Hear a lot saying he shouldn’t of won the norm again
There were a lot of standout performances amongst the Tigers.

On reflection, Dustys 1st goal put us ahead for the first time and we were never behind after that. Dusty's 2nd goal was actually the score that took us past GWS' final total of 25. And you could argue that his 3rd goal early in the 3rd quarter, immediately followed by his unselfish assist to Marlion, indicated that the 2nd half was going to be a repeat of the 1st half, and killed off any chance of a GWS recovery. So I'm happy that at the key moments it was Dusty who stood out, and deserved the Norm Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back