List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premo let's put that into perspective though. King has now had 2 season ending injuries in 2 years. Bytel hasn't played at all in 2 years. Clark hasn't played a game in the midfield yet. Coff has gone backwards since his first year. Paton will be a GOP. Clav's never played and never even come close to debuting. Mayo wasn't good enough to even get rookied until the mid season draft, also hasn't played a game and is VERY raw. Langlands can't even kick as far as Lonie, and has no elite traits from what I've seen. From that list of players there is one we know for sure is good. Battle. The rest are all unknown and to say they're the future before most have even played a game let alone strung together a decent season is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The real future of our club are the players who are establishing themselves now. Marshall, Billings, Gresham, Membrey and Battle. That is currently our core group.
Crusty I do agree in what you are saying - but the upside is massive - I remember 3 years ago the sqwarking about these 2 King twins was like nothing I had heard of before - I heard one station saying they are the best prospect's they had ever seen.
Well we have one and being a 19 yr old kid will only bloom into a star and be a massive drawcard for the club , like Plugger was.

I remember at the time when all the talk was about the twins I thought we would never be a chance , now there is talk we could have both.

Clavarino basically has come along from being a string bean , who totally stuffed his preseason due to injury and was just warming up when the season finished - and mark it down this kid is a player and remember he still is 20 and McGovern never played a game until he was 22.

Langlands at 20 has a long way to go for sure but he now knows what improvements he needs to get better at and showed he can actually find the ball.

I know it's to early to crow about these kids but these kids now have the guidince around them to get the best out of them and you only have to look at the Marshall , where a lot on here where saying he wasn't best 22 last year and now he being called our best player.

Guys like Mayo might never cut it , but the kid looks he has ability as well - so let's just see how these kids work out and let them have the time to develop.

We have a lot of players that have been given time and they are at the stage where they turn it on now or get moved on - Acres , Sinclair , Rice , White , McKenzie , Austin.

Triggs boy
The s**t Gray
(this season)

Disposals

Kicks

Marks

Goals

Behinds

Shots at goal

Score involvements

Tackles

Tackles inside 50

Inside 50’s

Pressure Acts

He's top 30 in the AFL for contested possessions per game ( our best of course ) and 11th for clearances, but he doesn't get as many uncontested possessions as even guys like Worpel or David Swallow.

Then we have Steele who seems to have all the weapons, but can apparently only play as a run with.

Do we need specialized coaching to help these guys find more of the uncontested ball, or are they limited physically?

I'd have thought that someone like McKenzie could be trained to make a good enough run with player.

I’d say Steele and Spook lack the Tank and leg speed to be weapons on the outside as well. Steele does have some games where he is used as a link up player and provides a bit extra.

What I think we need is more Gresh in there. He can find a way to get out of congestion and get it forward. As good as Dunstan is at CP’s and tackles, he’s not a game changer in that way, and with Steven Gone we’re very short on those types.

Hey cracking the shits is my bit, * off, seriously though, I'd love to take 6 to the draft but when you are struggling to get anyone to look at you, you just get quality when it's possible. We are a bit all over the shop in our list management but it's still better than the s**t we have done in the preceding years.

Triggs boy
The s**t Gray
(this season)

Disposals

Kicks

Marks

Goals

Behinds

Shots at goal

Score involvements

Tackles

Tackles inside 50

Inside 50’s

Pressure Acts

I agree with you but like Kent before we're going to have to learn to love him. Looks like he'll be a Saint.

Premo let's put that into perspective though. King has now had 2 season ending injuries in 2 years. Bytel hasn't played at all in 2 years. Clark hasn't played a game in the midfield yet. Coff has gone backwards since his first year. Paton will be a GOP. Clav's never played and never even come close to debuting. Mayo wasn't good enough to even get rookied until the mid season draft, also hasn't played a game and is VERY raw. Langlands can't even kick as far as Lonie, and has no elite traits from what I've seen. From that list of players there is one we know for sure is good. Battle. The rest are all unknown and to say they're the future before most have even played a game let alone strung together a decent season is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The real future of our club are the players who are establishing themselves now. Marshall, Billings, Gresham, Membrey and Battle. That is currently our core group.
Geez Crusty now i'm depressed! :(
No need to tell it like it is!

At least Premo takes me to a place where life is wonderful and Uniciorns are plentiful! :smirk:

Crusty I do agree in what you are saying - but the upside is massive - I remember 3 years ago the sqwarking about these 2 King twins was like nothing I had heard of before - I heard one station saying they are the best prospect's they had ever seen.
Well we have one and being a 19 yr old kid will only bloom into a star and be a massive drawcard for the club , like Plugger was.

I remember at the time when all the talk was about the twins I thought we would never be a chance , now there is talk we could have both.

Clavarino basically has come along from being a string bean , who totally stuffed his preseason due to injury and was just warming up when the season finished - and mark it down this kid is a player and remember he still is 20 and McGovern never played a game until he was 22.

Langlands at 20 has a long way to go for sure but he now knows what improvements he needs to get better at and showed he can actually find the ball.

I know it's to early to crow about these kids but these kids now have the guidince around them to get the best out of them and you only have to look at the Marshall , where a lot on here where saying he wasn't best 22 last year and now he being called our best player.

Guys like Mayo might never cut it , but the kid looks he has ability as well - so let's just see how these kids work out and let them have the time to develop.

We have a lot of players that have been given time and they are at the stage where they turn it on now or get moved on - Acres , Sinclair , Rice , White , McKenzie , Austin.

Never change brother

Lonie is a pulse in the team, and if you've played footy and played with guys who really give it all and rev up others, then you know what it's about. When Lonie went down with injury earlier in the season, you could see the collective wind taken out of the sails of his team mates. He is an important cog in the team, and doesn't necessarily need to be a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Triggs boy
The s**t Gray
(this season)

Disposals

Kicks

Marks

Goals

Behinds

Shots at goal

Score involvements

Tackles

Tackles inside 50

Inside 50’s

Pressure Acts
I know what your saying but that is far better than anything that our small forwards did.
I'm hoping Long or Parker can get more of the ball.

Lonie just deflates the team with his stuffing up in big moments.
Papley seems to nail his.

I like how I complain about list management, I'm a massive campaigner and people have to abuse me by PM because I'm so negative and a drain and others bag players all the time and are held up as model citizens. Funny place.

Lonie is a pulse in the team, and if you've played footy and played with guys who really give it all and rev up others, then you know what it's about. When Lonie went down with injury earlier in the season, you could see the collective wind taken out of the sails of his team mates. He is an important cog in the team, and doesn't necessarily need to be a star.
Bull s...
He is a struggler at best you would have no idea of his aura amongst the team, pure speculation.

Okay, for anyone who struggles with grade 5 maths

Last 22 games for both players (excluding Lonies round 6 first quarter)

Lonie
Disposals

Kicks

Marks

Goals

Behinds

Shots at goal

Score involvements

Tackles

Tackles inside 50

Inside 50’s

Pressure Acts

Papley

Disposals

Kicks

Marks

Goals

Behinds

Shots at goal

Score involvements

Tackles

Tackles inside 50

Inside 50’s

Pressure Acts

Papley clearly ahead, but not by the amount you would think… he's also pretty average at forward pressure.
Not one of Lonie's attempts at tackling have ever stuck. Let alone his attempts at kicking a goal. Please don't try and compare these two as footballers. Do you think any team might consider giving up a first round pick for Lonie?

I reckon they'd fold and trade him this year for pick 6. Otherwise we limit inflation on what he goes for. Which will help.

He will get to his destination if he nominates us.
He will play at St Kilda, put both of your testicles on it. The crap about Max not playing yet is just stupid, he tore blokes a new a-hole in the VFL last year with no fitness base. Whilst we're at it, maybe Rowell shouldn't be number one pick because he hasn't played in the AFL yet. Sheez.

Why bother getting out of bed in the morning Crusty. That’s the most glass half empty appraisal.

He will play at St Kilda, put both of your testicles on it. The crap about Max not playing yet is just stupid, he tore blokes a new a-hole in the VFL last year with no fitness base. Whilst we're at it, maybe Rowell shouldn't be number one pick because he hasn't played in the AFL yet. Sheez.
Do you think we keep the lay buy going for another 12 months and collect cheap or do we pay up now?

Gotta defend my boy Lonedog in here me thinks. He will never be a superstar small fwd but he was tracking really well late last year and prior to his knee this year

I think many of the posters were eating a bit of humble pie. Then he did his knee, didn't come back well and just couldn't get going again. A full preseason and I expect him to pick up from where he was pre injury.

And the "he can't tackle" argument - can someone pls post the gif of him bringing Hurley down like a lion bringing down a gazelle. Cheers

Please don't try and compare
Classic response when people don't like figures that don't support their opinion.

Papley is better, but they're not that far apart… it looks like Lonie is capable of a pretty similar output to Papley by the looks of things despite only playing 10 straight games once - 35 goals, 15 disposal level.

People seem to really hate him, no worries :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back