Current Animal Abusers & Torturers - Woefully inadequate penalties

Good to see people who torture animals go to jail:
One of the dogs attacked a camel before Brighton tied it to a tree and stabbed it at least six times.

The pitchfork left three thin linear scratch marks on the second vertebra behind the dog’s skull, the RSPCA reports. Brighton left the pitchfork protruding from the animal for 45 minutes while he went to the vet to treat the camel.

When he returned and realised the dog was still alive, he strung it up in a tree and hit it with the mallet up to eight times, fracturing the dog’s right cheekbone. A vet determined the beating did not kill the dog.
I hope he has an animal rights terrorist as a cellmate.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
the trouble is if you only get a couple of months for coward punching someone and ruining their life how long can you give someone for torturing an animal?

He beat her dog so badly it had to be euthanised, caught on CCTV. Refused bail.

For a lot of people it would be like seeing one of kids being tortured, I hope he stays in jail for a long time and gets picked on.

An off duty cop. I can't even watch it.

How did this sick unit get past their psych screening?

cops.png

Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Tigers. G.S.W
Graham Johncock's brother?

• Footage emerged of an off-duty police officer killing a terrified wombat
  • The man believed to be Waylon Johncock, who has been in the force for 10 years
  • He is Community Liaison Officer working to integrate Indigenous people
  • Johncock is seen repeatedly throwing a rock at the wombat's head before it falls

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Man, kind of wish I didn't click on this thread. Animal abuse is one of the more disturbing crimes, would never trust someone whose done it in any position of power, or even around someone vulnerable. Anyone know if it exempts someone from getting a blue card? Reckon it definitely should rule you out of police/aged care/childcare for good.

An off duty cop. I can't even watch it.

How did this sick unit get past their psych screening?

View attachment 757763

Cultural practice my arse. That guy was not hunting, he was getting his rocks (no pun intended) off killing a random animal that happened to pass by. And even if he was hunting, he could use a gun instead of stoning something to death. Throw the book at this f'wit.

Cultural practice my arse. That guy was not hunting, he was getting his rocks (no pun intended) off killing a random animal that happened to pass by. And even if he was hunting, he could use a gun instead of stoning something to death. Throw the book at this f'wit.

I was going to open a thread up on it because it's getting so much press and has become so controversial but it may have become too political with Native Title issues coming into play.

Most of us launched into demanding this guy be sacked on the premise he was a cop without realising he was indigenous and it's put allies into an uncomfortable position but if you're serious about that kind of disgusting abuse and cruelty you have to stay the course regardless. It would be quite craven and patronising to shift position because of it imo.

Agree, throw the book at him. It was a pitiless thrill kill.

I was going to open a thread up on it because it's getting so much press and has become so controversial but it may have become too political with Native Title issues coming into play.

Most of us launched into demanding this guy be sacked on the premise he was a cop without realising he was indigenous and it's put allies into an uncomfortable position but if you're serious about that kind of disgusting abuse and cruelty you have to stay the course regardless. It would be quite craven and patronising to shift position because of it imo.

Agree, throw the book at him. It was a pitiless thrill kill.
Apparently there have been other Aboriginal elders condemning his behaviour, so I don't really think he can hide behind the "it's muh culture" excuse.

The script on this petition has been altered four times due to the demands of indigenous advocates, some of them are still working to have it removed. If he hadn't been presented as a cop it might not have got so much traction.

200,000 plus signatures in nearly two days, it's really upset people.

justiceforwombat.png
justiceforwombat.png
justiceforwombat.png

Apparently there have been other Aboriginal elders condemning his behaviour, so I don't really think he can hide behind the "it's muh culture" excuse.

He is and I think this will turn people off tbh. Here's the response from the relevant authority, or rather corporation.

nojusticeforwombat.png

He is and I think this will turn people off tbh. Here's the response from the relevant authority, or rather corporation.

View attachment 758764
Load of rubbish considering he wasn't even hunting in the first place! It was a thrill kill, which they rightly condemn.

Also... if stoning an animal to death is tradition... then * tradition. Just like Bullfighting, such a "tradition" should be cast away.

The script on this petition has been altered four times due to the demands of indigenous advocates
* 'em.

Whether they like it or not, many parts of the world have changed progressively to a more humane society. And just like the idiot matadors who try to justify the torture of a bull for entertainment under the guise of "tradition", these "advocates" should be treated with the same kind of contempt.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
The script on this petition has been altered four times due to the demands of indigenous advocates, some of them are still working to have it removed. If he hadn't been presented as a cop it might not have got so much traction.

200,000 plus signatures in nearly two days, it's really upset people.

View attachment 758754View attachment 758754View attachment 758754
While it is a cruel act, next time a human is killed cruelly I expect a petition with over two million signatures. That’ll be the day?

Back