Coach Shaun Grigg joins the Cats as a development coach

I'm still waiting for the 'Matthew Knights has been replaced by Joel Corey' thread.
30dpu1.png

Pictured: Cronin in 2053 still waiting for Knights to be sacked as midfield coach.

Really impressed in a sense that we seem to have targeted and gone after him, the timing seems quick which obviously means it's been in the works for a while.
Great get potentially, gets Richmond IP, young enough and fresh enough out of the game to relate to everyone, my brother knows him and by all accounts is an absolute ripping fella, and a serious serious football brain.

Also great to see us hire from somewhere other than ex greats of the club /Scotts ex team mates

I would have preferred for him to go somewhere like the Suns, or Frankston Dolphins...
Anyway, hes a good get guys. I think he needs to see a change of scenery. You guys got any Spudbars down there?

Yep, pretty sure there's one at Westfield in middle of town

Yep, pretty sure there's one at Westfield in middle of town

Yep. One in Westfield.

Congratulations on this appointment, guys. Disappointed to see him go, but Dimma prefers his players who go into coaching to do it outaide the club and their comfort zone. Dimma has MASSIVE wraps on Grigg and said he (and Jack), were the two smartest players he has worked with in regards to footballing tactics. Believed Grigg would make a very handy senior coach one day. Got yourselves a good one!

Is he replacing an existing coach or are we adding a development coach to the club?

Noticed Nigel Lappin was listed as a development coach in this year's AFL media guide. I wonder if that means Grigg will be working alongside him, or hopefully it means Grigg will be doing it solo and Lappin will replace Knights as our midfield coach.

Like the bloke. Like the player. Like the appointment. Like a new voice in the room. Like the new eyes and viewpoint.

GO Catters

OMG - this comment (from late August) now makes a s**t load of sense and I wonder if it was the final box that required ticking before his appointment could be finalised?

Although Grigg understands the situation, he says he would like to see Geelong play a final at GMHBA Stadium.

“As a pure footy lover myself and a romantic, I’d like it to be played down at Geelong because I think they deserve the home final,” he told The Oval Office.

God, imagine this board if we became even harder to watch next year. Our negative style layered over Richmond's negative style would be the ultimate wall and stall.
I find Richmond very good to watch.
Fantastic running and marking defence, super KF's who mark and kick well, exciting small forwards, the magic of Dusty, fitness and pace for 4 quarters. They just run and run. What really is negative about them?
They are easily the best team in the comp, and their brand is excellent

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I find Richmond very good to watch.
Fantastic running and marking defence, super KF's who mark and kick well, exciting small forwards, the magic of Dusty, fitness and pace for 4 quarters. They just run and run. What really is negative about them?
They are easily the best team in the comp, and their brand is excellent

Lol.

Back