Recommitted Jack Lukosius [Extended to 2022]

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
If GC were willing to let Lukosious walk for pick 6-8 then clubs should be all over him. He will be a seriously good player, getting very underrated here.
playing defender / learning to try be a distributor - not sure if he had ever played this role before and took a few weeks to build into it
Post bye: 15 possessions, 6 marks, 5 intercepts, 300 metres gained (slight rounding)
sublime game splitting foot skills over 50+metres
game IQ - top level.
196cm

Say no more.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Does anyone honestly think Lukosius would want to join the Crows right now, given all the turmoil and infighting going on there?

Not sure Port would be willing to sell the farm to bring him home this year either.

Some Port/Adelaide supporters think they are entitled to this player or that it is a foregone conclusion! Rankine has already extended, there is no reason why Lukosius won't if the GC show a bit of stability and promise. Especially if they can get some of the Ins that have been reported as well as the draftees.

Laughable to say he is only worth Pick 6-8 if you ask me, an absolute gun in the making and he's already got a solid year of development under his belt.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Rankine has already extended, there is no reason why Lukosius won't if the GC show a bit of stability and promise.
Well he hasn't.

Rankine would wanna extend given he couldn't even get on the field...

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well he hasn't.

Rankine would wanna extend given he couldn't even get on the field...
Rankine did not have to extend at all as any team would love to have him. No doubt his injuries were extremely frustrating for him, the club and fans. I watched him at NEAFL and he's unbelievable. Hopefully, next year all fans can enjoy Rankine's talent.

Rankine is very happy on GC. Even said he would rather move his family to GC than to move back to Adelaide. He lives with Lemmens and his partner who is Rankine's relative.

Last edited:

TalkingFootyNow1223

Stay Calm... Its Just A Game... SweetFA..
Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Lukosius will be at GC next year 99% the only thing that might change that is the Brad Crouch situation but GC has a handful of quality bargaining picks so should be fine. Dont know about 2020 trade tho i think highest bidder might get him

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Rankine did not have to extend at all as any team would love to have him. No doubt his injuries were extremely frustrating for him, the club and fans. I watched him at NEAFL and he's unbelievable. Rankine is very happy on GC. Even said he would rather move his family to GC than to move back to Adelaide. He lives with Lemmens and his partner who is Rankine's relative.
Ask a random sample of 100 ppl if, all else equal, they'd rather live in GC or Adelaide.... Great lifestyle.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ask a random sample of 100 ppl if, all else equal, they'd rather live in GC or Adelaide.... Great lifestyle.
Another aspect is Adelaide footy bubble. If teams go great - fantastic. If teams struggle as they do at the moment - vicious. On GC Suns lose - players life as usual.

longdonkey

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Making light of the terrible statement that Lukosius is worth pick 6-8 because he 'didn't do anything this year'

Just provided an equally false statement - don't believe that at all.
Lukosius is worth Pick 1 in this draft then more. The reason why he will be on the Gold Coast next year. This guy is so good the first chance anyone will get to grab him is free agency. And I would say if Gold Coast haven't got their s**t together by then they might have folded or called the Hobart Hurricanes

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Lukosius is worth Pick 1 in this draft then more. The reason why he will be on the Gold Coast next year. This guy is so good the first chance anyone will get to grab him is free agency. And I would say if Gold Coast haven't got their s**t together by then they might have folded or called the Hobart Hurricanes
not moving to tasmania.

smokie

Senior List
Mar 15, 2009
Dromana
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Agree hasn’t done anything to dispel his lofty price tags.
Also there hasn’t been great coverage/ vibe about the SA clubs this year. Why would he want to leave one basketcase for another. SA clubs have a power of work to do

PAFCsince1870

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Another aspect is Adelaide footy bubble. If teams go great - fantastic. If teams struggle as they do at the moment - vicious. On GC Suns lose - players life as usual.

You're kidding yourself if you think a young male under the age of 25 doesn't love going to a nightclub and everyone, particularly females, knowing who he is.

In the Gold Coast they could wear their Suns guernsey to the club and people would still have no clue.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
You're kidding yourself if you think a young male under the age of 25 doesn't love going to a nightclub and everyone, particularly females, knowing who he is.

In the Gold Coast they could wear their Suns guernsey to the club and people would still have no clue.
has its pros and cons..
can go back to adelaide and its famous nightclubs in the offseason and get his share of attention for all i care.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agree hasn’t done anything to dispel his lofty price tags.
Also there hasn’t been great coverage/ vibe about the SA clubs this year. Why would he want to leave one basketcase for another. SA clubs have a power of work to do
Ummm because port and Adelaide are in SA where he grew up

Did you really just ask that

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ummm because port and Adelaide are in SA where he grew up

Did you really just ask that

The point still stands though. By all reports Lukosius is an intelligent kid with drive and direction. Theres talk that hes not your typical "homesick" kid. He could just as easily end up in Melbourne.

If you want to leave one team that's not seen to be on top of its game just yet, it's not a fait accompli youd be enamoured by two other teams in the same boat - regardless of where you're from.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Could end up a situation like Bryce Gibbs where Adelaide clubs covet him for so long that they eventually pay overs for him in 10 years time.

Suns could be a lot better this year (would clearly need to be) but if rankine, king and him see the promise of rowell and anderson with some depth in Ellis, Greenwood and a few others, they get Rory Thompson etc back and the suns look like they are going somewhere I think that he will stay.

They have some good operators up there off field. Just need to get stewie dew to the fat farm. I reckon he can coach but the perception is that he has no discipline.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Could end up a situation like Bryce Gibbs where Adelaide clubs covet him for so long that they eventually pay overs for him in 10 years time.

Suns could be a lot better this year (would clearly need to be) but if rankine, king and him see the promise of rowell and anderson with some depth in Ellis, Greenwood and a few others, they get Rory Thompson etc back and the suns look like they are going somewhere I think that he will stay.

They have some good operators up there off field. Just need to get stewie dew to the fat farm. I reckon he can coach but the perception is that he has no discipline.
I would hope so

Because there has never been a team in the AFL more diabolical than the sun's

They need to turn it around as there needs to be at least two teams in QLD for the sport to grow up there

Some would say disband them I would say it needs more money preferably a bigger salary cap to keep players like luko but if they don't I would take him

Back