Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's just frustrating we had to sit through two months of speculation.
That and sitting through 2 years of near 0 output only to move on. That’s frustrating.

Hopefully we win trade week again but I reckon Carlton will unless we get all of Powell-Pepper, Papley, Howard, Blakely and pick 5. Make it happen! Lol

There’s no doubt that the club could tangibly benefit from this and maybe even build a solid list to win a premiership down the track.

But the intangibles are massive. This is fabric of the club stuff. My sons love watching him and have #6 on their backs. The lift of the crowd when he does something inspiring is the sort of thing that keeps you engaged during a long season.

Only a premiership will heal this one.

There’s no doubt that the club could tangibly benefit from this and maybe even build a solid list to win a premiership down the track.

But the intangibles are massive. This is fabric of the club stuff. My sons love watching him and have #6 on their backs. The lift of the crowd when he does something inspiring is the sort of thing that keeps you engaged during a long season.

*. So do I.

Hope we put a good player in the 6 or I'll look ******* stupid.

Not really. Emotions fester. It was an emotional decision based on his injury the last 2 years.
Even if you're right if emotions were removed I'd imagine he'd have chosen Sydney earlier. One club not offering a contract extension while another is offering a longer term deal (you'd have to assume).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get what you mean but Richmond did alright after Deledio left, Hawks fine without Buddy, Essendon without Wanganeen (though that DID hurt), Geelong without Ablett etc.

It would probably be much harder if he played most of the last 2 seasons but we've already had to learn to live without him.

Do what is best for your happiness Joe, that should always come first over money and club.

Thanks for the highlights and I'll still enjoy watching you when you take the field.

This bloody hurts to hear but it was probably even harder for you to make.
Goodluck.

Let the games begin.
I hope we just let him go and get the best deal we can.
Wouldn’t it be refreshing if day one it went down like this.
Carlton get papley and swans third round selection
Swans get Daniher and Essendon second round selection gained from gws
Essendon get 5 and 9

Could be a repeat of the Francis situation, but I think Sydney won’t let us get that opportunity and offer us the picks that will get it done

Do what is best for your happiness Joe, that should always come first over money and club.

Thanks for the highlights and I'll still enjoy watching you when you take the field.

This bloody hurts to hear but it was probably even harder for you to make.
Goodluck.
BS. Daniher lied and he’s a cowardly hypocrite. Harley blew smoke up his arse and he fell for it. Essentially just another mercenary choosing dollars over loyalty, mates and values. The big question is why is anyone surprised?

If we somehow get 5 and 9, even with giving up a second.. we've done well considering how injuries.

Now if that happens... Joe is on big money. We should be right after Cameron from GWS with dare I say 3 first round picks to try and get him over here.

If we can't get a FF we aren't going anywhere next year. Ours just do not cut it.

I get what you mean but Richmond did alright after Deledio left, Hawks fine without Buddy, Essendon without Wanganeen (though that DID hurt), Geelong without Ablett etc.

It would probably be much harder if he played most of the last 2 seasons but we've already had to learn to live without him.
That’s all tangibles though. I know we could still be successful. There is precedent. But Joe is a Daniher who can do things even a Daniher shouldn’t be able to do.

I know for a fact that my frustrations will lessen with him gone - no more jitters watching him kick from 15m out - no more waiting for him to get fit. But it’s what builds those frustrations that matter to me - what he might do if he ever got fit or the impossible mark that gave him a shot from 15m that no one else could take.

He stared straight down the barrel of the Samantha Jones (Daughter of EFC royalty) interview and stated he wanted to be a one club player.

welcome to the 2000’s. sport isn’t what it was in the 80’s / 90’s. they’re all coached on how to talk to the media. there are no honest / transparent footballers left.

Cooper Cronk did the same thing. “one club” line... then 12 months later got a girlfriend who lives in Sydney and decided to top up his super for his last 2 years playing for the Roosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back