Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

• Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton & Richmond.

Votes: 261 72.5%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & Collingwood.

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & West Coast.

Votes: 79 21.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuses LOL. I'm going to answer this and then leave it there because you have totally dismissed the explanation i gave. My explanation is actually based on facts, the fixture. The fixture is the key and the double-up games you get against higher drawing teams. Surely you know that as someone who is posting profusely on this matter.

Take away the double-up game V ess and pies don't reach 1.2 mill. See how easy that was. Both Rich and Pies top 4 on the ladder in 2018 and tiges topped the H&A attendances.
Anyway, you keep your 1.2 mill+ its not the end and be all.

Btw tiges have finished on top on home game attendances last 4 years straight. Are you saying pies need the away team to help you bump up ur attendances?
I'm being facetious, but you get my meaning surely.

Dude you're beyond help on simple logic, MCG holds 100K and pies got 33.5K+ V GC = able to bring the majority of their fans who live in Vic, play that at Metricon and u don't get over 20K (heck last year RD15 pies attendance V GC at Metricon was 13K). Like i said play that game at Metricon and you don't get over 1.2 mill.

hahahahahaha Brisbane away you got 34K that tells you the Gabba has the capacity and the lions a bigger drawcard than suns and gws to draw that crowd on Easter Thursday. But you played eagles RD3 at the G 'grand final rematch' and got 60K theirs the offset. I'm talking purely about GWS and GC at there home ground, stop moving the goal posts.

Now let's look at GWS average crowd is 12-15K at spotless thats for everyone tiges, pies, bombers etc
GC aint a draw card crowds under 20K. At the G you're able to bring your own fans, are you getting this?

Im leaving it there i explain pure facts you reply with nonsense.

Yes and add a second game against Carlton for us and bingo our numbers are up. Power teams can draw over 1.2 million. Only one team has done it .... 6 times

I love how as soon as you guys started winning flags, all of the sudden you're the big dog in town. Collingwood have always been the biggest club, sure atm, Richmond appear bigger. But I can assure you if Collingwood had a 32 year drought and then won the flag, they'd be in a similar position you guys are right now. Attendances is only one aspect of size, tv ratings and revenue are crucial as well.

No the pies haven't the tigers were the biggest club in the mid 70's to early 80's. Bombers in the late 90's to early 2000's then pies for a decade or more now the tiges back on top.
First off tigers have been terrible for like 35 years. Are we not allowed to be good to increase crowds, finances etc
Pies have played in that same time about 8 GF's and countless finals series. That keeps pies attendances high and ability to market your club.

I don't agree pies won the flag in 2010, runners up 2011, made another GF last year and you still on 85k, Pies have close to maxed out their membership numbers. 2014-2018 (4 of those years pies didn't make finals and wow membership dropped by 5K, one can only imagine if pies didn't do anything for 3 decades, no one is immune to this meaning failure to that level, not even Richmond.

TV ratings yes tiges/pies/bombers/blues/eagles etc depending on games and ladder position can fluctuate.

Now on Revenue? 2018 eagles 86 mill, pies 82 mill and tigers 80mill. Both eagles and tigers pull in big profits, tiges 4.2 mill and pies 112K
Curious to see revenue numbers for 2019 which come out soon.

Last edited:
Yes and add a second game against Carlton for us and bingo our numbers are up. Power teams can draw over 1.2 million. Only one team has done it .... 6 times

You're not good at this game, ess challenging for the 8 and u got 85K, blues even if you played them and got 60K you still wouldn't have hit 1.2 mill FACT.
Again changing the goals posts, i mention GC and GWS as tiges played them both away and you played them once. Ess who were in the 8 u played twice.
Anyway, i can see now you're trolling, ignoring all the key points that i made.

You're not good at this game, ess challenging for the 8 and u got 85K, blues even if you played them and got 60K you still wouldn't have hit 1.2 mill FACT.
Again changing the goals posts, i mention GC and GWS as tiges played them both away and you played them once. Ess who were in the 8 u played twice.
Anyway, i can see now you're trolling, ignoring all the key points that i made.

Your not very astute for someone who claims to be. The fact is we did get 1.2 million. Like the Tigers you keep coming up short crowd wise. 1.2 is a myth to you.

West coast get much larger crowds for home games against Gold Coast, GWS, Port Adelaide and some other low drawing clubs than these two monster clubs in Richmond and Collingwood. Why do the fans of these two huge clubs not attend all their home fixtures?
With their membership one should think a minimum home MCG game against anyone should attract no less than 50-60k.
Supporters would rather see a win than a loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right

No finals wins in 15 years
Kicked out of home by a bowls club
Nearly drove ourselves to death with a questionable vitamins program
Utterly hopeless in every way

...yet we’re still in this conversation 😝😅😅

Clearly in the Big 3 with Collingwood and West Coast. A sleeping giant

Richmond supporters keep reiterating how little success Collingwood have had in the last 60 years yet know we still bring more people through the gate. Thank you Tigers fans for reiterating just how big Collingwood. Basically what they are saying is you need success at Richmond to bring crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back